New relaxing song

Had to step out of forums for a while to take care of some life stuff. Deleted my profile to keep the distractions low. Back on here again, with a new name. Worked on this song off and on for a few months, but finished the rough mix. Please let me know your comments good and bad.

Song concept is to pace a yoga breath 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out. So the tempo is 60 beats per minute, for ease of breath rhythm. A happy accident, it’s written in Dorian mode, which I had no idea what that was at the time. After studying modes in the middle of writing this, I realized it was Dorian. Kind of useful I think as the song swells up in a minor chord for four beats and then comes back down in a major chord for 4 beats...repeat. Dorian is said to invoke a sad or serious but hopeful feeling, so I think it fits.
Written and mixed 100% on an iPad Air 2. Apps used were Korg Gadget, Korg Module.

Comments

• Beautiful music. Welcome back. The track really does breathe. I think the crappy SoundCloud conversion may have added some artifacts so it would be nice to hear a better quality version at some point.

• Wonderful Dorian melody. Great choice for that track. Hearing it on my BT headphones right now. I don’t hear the artifacts. How did you get the Violine 🎻 stuff into Gadget? Are these loops via Zürich? I have decided against gadget for me but you did a great track here. What ever works for people :)

• Just listened with iPhone and AirPods and it sounds great!

Speed, scale, melody and used instruments works nicely for a deep breath yoga session.

Beautiful! 😊

• Amazing !
    Thank you for sharing this, it’s beautiful ! 👍

• Nice tune. Personally, I’d have more reverb on the initial chords and less on the piano and cello. Piano could be quieter and cello a bit louder, since when both are playing it sounds like the cello should be the lead instrument.

• Really chill!! Great gadget session

• I thought I was hearing some noise in the highs but maybe it's on my end in that case. No offense meant. It's a lovely track.

• Lovely.
    Excellent work.
    :)

• @gusgranite @david_2017 @amysmart @chandroji @Mickaël @TheOriginalPaulB @reasOne @CracklePot
    Thank you for the listen and compliments! I’m glad you enjoyed the track.

• edited March 10

@gusgranite said:
    I thought I was hearing some noise in the highs but maybe it's on my end in that case. No offense meant. It's a lovely track.

None taken. Thanks for the listen. I did notice a couple places ProL squashed some peaks by 2db. Maybe that’s what you heard?
    Since it was well recieved, I’ll make a final mix in Auria with ProQ, ProC, ProR, etc. and try to control those peaks before final limiter stage.

• @david_2017 said:
    Wonderful Dorian melody. Great choice for that track. Hearing it on my BT headphones right now. I don’t hear the artifacts. How did you get the Violine 🎻 stuff into Gadget? Are these loops via Zürich? I have decided against gadget for me but you did a great track here. What ever works for people :)

It’s the Kapro Synphonic Dreams IAP through Module. Preset is Kapro String Quartet. There are some good strings sound in there.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Nice tune. Personally, I’d have more reverb on the initial chords and less on the piano and cello. Piano could be quieter and cello a bit louder, since when both are playing it sounds like the cello should be the lead instrument.

Thank you! I will experiment with that for the final mix