Dad Band - absolutely, 100% accurate

This made me laugh, so I had to share. A lot of folks here will have lived this.

You know who you are.

Comments

  • Dammit, I enjoyed that way more than I should have... :lol:

  • Kids today be like,
    “WTF is a band?”

  • @CracklePot said:
    Kids today be like,
    “WTF is a band?”

    I love that the bassist is Jerry Cantrell. This hits SO close to home it's actually not really that funny. I can't tell you how many of these conversations I've had. Watching this was like watching the last 15 years of my life in fast forward.

  • @Daveypoo you just MADE MY DAY!
    Thanks for this one!

  • @Daveypoo said:

    @CracklePot said:
    Kids today be like,
    “WTF is a band?”

    I love that the bassist is Jerry Cantrell. This hits SO close to home it's actually not really that funny. I can't tell you how many of these conversations I've had. Watching this was like watching the last 15 years of my life in fast forward.

    A few years back, I did the Dad Band thing. We played at my Kids’ school carnival/fundraiser. It was actually pretty fun. I hadn’t played live with anybody for about 20 years, and the covers we did were good ones.

    The show Portlandia had some funny skits revolving around some old Punks trying to get the band back together.

    The guitar douche in the clip you posted kinda reminded me of a low-key Jack Black character. Thanks for sharing that. I can definitely relate to the situation.

  • The guitarist in that looks almost identical to the guitarist in my last band, that’s actually quite scary. As for the bassist, well at least I got my hair cut a few weeks back...

  • @MonzoPro said:
    The guitarist in that looks almost identical to the guitarist in my last band, that’s actually quite scary. As for the bassist, well at least I got my hair cut a few weeks back...

    I'm disappointed that you cut your hair - it took me 40 years to finally grow it out the way I wanted to as a kid. ;)

  • Mainly for guitarists but similarly hilarious
    http://www.instagram.com/rigsofdad

  • @Daveypoo said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    The guitarist in that looks almost identical to the guitarist in my last band, that’s actually quite scary. As for the bassist, well at least I got my hair cut a few weeks back...

    I'm disappointed that you cut your hair - it took me 40 years to finally grow it out the way I wanted to as a kid. ;)

    My son said (proudly) that I looked like a wizard, which wasn’t quite the look I was going for!

  • Wonderful video! 👍

    I would love to see more clips like this...

    Thanks a lot for sharing @Daveypoo ! 😊

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @Daveypoo said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    The guitarist in that looks almost identical to the guitarist in my last band, that’s actually quite scary. As for the bassist, well at least I got my hair cut a few weeks back...

    I'm disappointed that you cut your hair - it took me 40 years to finally grow it out the way I wanted to as a kid. ;)

    My son said (proudly) that I looked like a wizard, which wasn’t quite the look I was going for!

    Fair enough. I WISH my kid thought I looked like a wizard - I'm sure he thinks I'm just super lame.

  • Lmao that was awesome

Sign In or Register to comment.