Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rocket Of Time / MIDI Tools Jazz Fission

edited March 2019 in Creations

I think it is jazz... fusion, maybe not. Percussion oriented. Got a chance to use BeatHawk orchestral runs. Interesting. Thought that would never happen. Used Midi Tools keyzone to good advantage. Now I can split my left and right hands into two tracks. Fission! MIDI Tools. Great app!

Comments

• I'm getting "Riot at the Cymbal Factory" then the Philharmonic Orchestra shows up to break it up. Meanwhile, @Linearlineman is on the sidelines playing a Rhodes with the right and a Keybass with the left.

What is this Fission App? The one I found for $1 shows graphics for a video demonstration of nuclear fission. Is that it? I was excited by the Mac Fission App which does sound editing hoping for an IOS version.

• Sorry, @McD there is no “Fission” app. I just meant the splitting of the kybd with Midi Tools.
    Good description. I may use “Riot at the Cymbal Factory” for a title.

• I'm glad you found MIDI Tools to split the hands. That should make it easier for collaborators to assign instruments to your MIDI performances. The Irresistible MIDI file had the bass and solo note combined. The split would be better like your track here.

I forgot to commend your use of the trading time between instruments. Is the bass line a copied segment of notes or played end-to-end?

• @McD, the bass line is continuous.
    And, yes, I had been looking for that Midi Tools feature for a long time. Now I have to accept not using the Kawai pianos and bass, which I prefer to RC275 and iFretless bass. Also, the setup time for each new track stops my workflow. I just wish there was an app that allowed me to draw a horizontal line thru the midi data at any particular pitch and segregate the data into two individual tracks. Not sure why or if that is so hard.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, the bass line is continuous.
    And, yes, I had been looking for that Midi Tools feature for a long time. Now I have to accept not using the Kawai pianos and bass, which I prefer to RC275 and iFretless bass. Also, the setup time for each new track stops my workflow. I just wish there was an app that allowed me to draw a horizontal line thru the midi data at any particular pitch and segregate the data into two individual tracks. Not sure why or if that is so hard.

I think you can do this:

1. record the MIDI events from the Kawai as a MIDI track and record the Kawaii sounds on another track (or wait for step 3).

2. take the MIDI recording and send it through the MIDI Tools as a MIDI FX and configure the spilt point and output to 2 higher MIDI channels and record those channels as 2 new MIDI Tracks. Then you can add instruments to supplement the Kawaii Piano and bass.

3. You could also direct MIDI Bass recording out to the Kawaii and record a solo bass audio track and repeat this with the a solo piano MIDI track.