Roli Light Pad Blocks custom controllers.

Might be of interest if you own a block.

https://swonic.com/dynamic-controls/

Comments

  • Brilliant. I’ve already been using a pair of these for drum input, cc control and key switches based on the current profile available. Definitely want to try these new options.

  • Cool. I need a few more blocks.

  • One step closer to the roli keytar...

  • That's cool... And after you set it up hopefully you can use it with iOS and maybe select which preset you wanna pull up

  • @TheDubbyLabby said:
    One step closer to the roli keytar...

    That would be wild. Do you have a design in mind of how that would come together?

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    One step closer to the roli keytar...

    That would be wild. Do you have a design in mind of how that would come together?

    Here’s mine:

  • @johnfromberkeley said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    One step closer to the roli keytar...

    That would be wild. Do you have a design in mind of how that would come together?

    Here’s mine:

    That's fun. What happened to the keys in the Rockband controller?

  • The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

  • I haven't bought a lightblock because to me it's expensive, small, and limited for what it is. For a little bit more I can get another iPad (2018) and use it as dedicated Lemur or AU midi controller.

  • This looks great. I’m going to make a mixer/mute block for the OP-Z.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Might be of interest if you own a block.
    https://swonic.com/dynamic-controls/

    Thanks so much for sharing my app :smile:
    Hope it's useful for you guys!

  • edited March 10

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

    Actually you can use it on iOS too!

    If you load an app in Dashboard and disconnect the Lightpad,
    the last app that was running get's saved on it!

    What you have to do is:

    • install ROLI Dashboard and my app
    • connect the Lightpad to your computer
    • load Dynamic Controls app on the Lightpad
    • customize your desired controls
    • disconnect the Lightpad from your computer
    • connect the Lightpad to your iOS device
    • use the controls you have created with your iOS apps
  • @SWONIC said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

    Actually you can use it on iOS too!

    If you load an app in Dashboard and disconnect the Lightpad,
    the last app that was running get's saved on it!

    What you have to do is:

    • install ROLI Dashboard and my app
    • connect the Lightpad to your computer
    • load Dynamic Controls app on the Lightpad
    • customize your desired controls
    • disconnect the Lightpad from your computer
    • connect the Lightpad to your iOS device
    • use the controls you have created with your iOS apps

    Great... thanks!

  • edited March 10

    @audiobussy said:

    @SWONIC said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

    Actually you can use it on iOS too!

    If you load an app in Dashboard and disconnect the Lightpad,
    the last app that was running get's saved on it!

    What you have to do is:

    • install ROLI Dashboard and my app
    • connect the Lightpad to your computer
    • load Dynamic Controls app on the Lightpad
    • customize your desired controls
    • disconnect the Lightpad from your computer
    • connect the Lightpad to your iOS device
    • use the controls you have created with your iOS apps

    Great... thanks!

    You're welcome! :smile: let me know if you need any further help!
    And subscribe to my Twitter (twitter.com/swonicmusic)
    to keep track of any updates I release ;)

  • @SWONIC thank you for developing on the blocks, I bought 5 of them with the idea of creating a digital led lit console for iPad and was waiting for some great software apps and updates i imagined would happen with them because of all the possibilities, which really never came. I used the mixer bank pack on one for BM 3 and did some drum pad mapping on another with note repeat assignments but eventually I felt dedicated lightfoot apps were needed so I've got them collecting dust now. I'm really glad to see someone diving into coding for this, and I hope it continues!

    I did a BM 3 set up video a while back too

  • edited March 10

    @T4H Thanks for the feedback :smile: makes me happy that my work is appreciated. Well yes, I got uhm a couple of BLOCKS now too and as you I expected (and still expect!) loads of cool stuff to be released for BLOCKS... I wanted to have something like my app from day one and after waiting for it got to boring I just started to code it myself ;)
    Oh and great setup guide btw!

  • @SWONIC said:
    @T4H Thanks for the feedback :smile: makes me happy that my work is appreciated. Well yes, I got uhm a couple of BLOCKS now too and as you I expected (and still expect!) loads of cool stuff to be released for BLOCKS... I wanted to have something like my app from day one and after waiting for it got to boring I just started to code it myself ;)
    Oh and great setup guide btw!

    Yes, I'm so glad you made it. It was a great boon to my for my lightpad usage.! Thanks so much for it.

  • @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

  • @gkillmaster said:

    @SWONIC said:
    @T4H Thanks for the feedback :smile: makes me happy that my work is appreciated. Well yes, I got uhm a couple of BLOCKS now too and as you I expected (and still expect!) loads of cool stuff to be released for BLOCKS... I wanted to have something like my app from day one and after waiting for it got to boring I just started to code it myself ;)
    Oh and great setup guide btw!

    Yes, I'm so glad you made it. It was a great boon to my for my lightpad usage.! Thanks so much for it.

    Super!! 👏😎

  • @mistercharlie said:
    @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

    Hey! Well in theory this is possible, but due to memory limitations on the Lightpad I couldn't make this feature available yet. But I could maybe code this for you or everybody. If you want to cooperate just send me an email me and we can discuss how the mixer would have to look like! mail AT swonic DOT com

  • @SWONIC said:

    @mistercharlie said:
    @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

    Hey! Well in theory this is possible, but due to memory limitations on the Lightpad I couldn't make this feature available yet. But I could maybe code this for you or everybody. If you want to cooperate just send me an email me and we can discuss how the mixer would have to look like! mail AT swonic DOT com

    I’m definitely up for that!

  • @SWONIC said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:
    The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

    Actually you can use it on iOS too!

    If you load an app in Dashboard and disconnect the Lightpad,
    the last app that was running get's saved on it!

    What you have to do is:

    • install ROLI Dashboard and my app
    • connect the Lightpad to your computer
    • load Dynamic Controls app on the Lightpad
    • customize your desired controls
    • disconnect the Lightpad from your computer
    • connect the Lightpad to your iOS device
    • use the controls you have created with your iOS apps

    Amazing!

Sign In or Register to comment.