Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Update

Comments

• @fprintf said:

@Zjenji said:
    AB and AUM are the ultimate compliment to each other. Like PB & J.

How so? I've honestly never bought AUM because I don't have a lot of AU apps and don't intend on going wild investing in them now. I do have AB3. Given that limitation is it still useful to have AUM?

Don't forget apeMatrix, depending on what you want to accomplish it can be the better option.

• This place is an enabling force. "I'm happy smoking a little dope." "Try this cocaine, man." "You have to try smack!"

• @fprintf said:

@Zjenji said:

How so? I've honestly never bought AUM because I don't have a lot of AU apps and don't intend on going wild investing in them now. I do have AB3. Given that limitation is it still useful to have AUM?

If you have a need for buses or recording, AUM is very handy as AB3 doesn't have them. I use AB3 and AUM together frequently.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    This place is an enabling force. "I'm happy smoking a little dope." "Try this cocaine, man." "You have to try smack!"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Check out Xequencer’s pages. There’s a lot of different ways to use AB & AUM together.

• @fprintf said:

@Zjenji said:

Unless you need mix buses ,but there is a already 3d party addon app for AB , called MiMiX .

• Also, waiting for internal AB busses, don’t forget apeMatrix AU send receive which basically adds busses to any compatible hosts like AB or even GarageBand. Works really well!!

• Well.... Soon?

• you are killing me man

• The update is submitted and waiting for Apple review!

• @j_liljedahl said:
    The update is submitted and waiting for Apple review!

Woot! Woot!

• @j_liljedahl said:

Congrats and looking forward to checking it out.

• @j_liljedahl said:

Oh man! I'll never sleep again 😃💯

• Wooohooo!

• Great news, it's a stellar update, loving the new workflow :)

• In the meantime time I'll write a new review hahaha...

• I am very curious how the 'new AUM' will handle my 'old AUM' presets... Because there'll be seperate/dedicated Midi-lanes/channels, etc. Should I backup presets first and keep a second iPad/iPhone with the old AUM standby ?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats.. looking forward..

• Can we get a ‘get familiar with the new features while we wait’?

• @Harro said:
    I am very curious how the 'new AUM' will handle my 'old AUM' presets... Because there'll be seperate/dedicated Midi-lanes/channels, etc. Should I backup presets first and keep a second iPad/iPhone with the old AUM standby ?

They load as usual and remain in the old format, to convert old sessions you'll have to manually load these midi AUs to the new midi stacks. The best way I found was to save an AUM-AU preset of the midi plug and then reload it in a midi channel then reload the saved preset, then you'll have to re-route the midi.

There's no way of moving an AU from one channel to another. So it can take a bit of time to convert old sessions. But it's worth it, as it's all much quicker starting up when you can import saved stacks of AUs when you're up and running.

I'd always backup up sessions anyway though :)

• AUM 1.3.0 update is now "Ready for sale", so it should show up in your AppStore any minute now! :)

• Sweet out with kids at the moment.
    Can't wait to get home and test drive this update,
    many thanks

• Now, I have to wait until tonight to use it. :(

• We are LIVE in the US AppStore. Downloaded instantly, thanks @j_liljedahl for the update. :smiley:

• Brilliant been waiting on this update thanks so much @j_liljedahl best app on the App Store alongside Audiobus 3 of course.

• its on baby !!

• Yup, its appeared in my updates list on UK store :)

• That’s Tuesday gone ! In the UK Store now.