Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Update

Comments

• @EyeOhEss said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:

@reasOne said:
    The coolest thing ever for a future AUM update would be the ability to save individual channel strips and load them into any project.

Yes! A new feature to open a prior saved project and have it "add as extra tracks" rather than total replacement for a running config would work too. Of course, we have no idea what this would mean to implement.

This is already in the current AUM beta :)

Nice :) Some kind of ‘group’ mute/solo would be very cool with this... So can flip between ‘parts’. Like jamming each separate config as adjacent wholes.

Already exists: use buses for subgroups .

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There's also a great new way to jam with parts coming up with midi preset changing, works great with sequencers etc :)

• And another huge (to me) feature for jamming - no more stocked midi notes when punching in/out or repitching midi generators.

• @Carnbot said:
    There's also a great new way to jam with parts coming up with midi preset changing, works great with sequencers etc :)

oh really? do tell!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:
    There's also a great new way to jam with parts coming up with midi preset changing, works great with sequencers etc :)

oh really? do tell!

Yeah for example: Fugue machine triggering of different parts is possible even without AU parameters yet, so essentially any AU sequencer could be used like this. Assign a FM preset to different CCs/notes/PC and use a sequencer to trigger them or do it live etc. :)

It's great for all sorts of things.

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

oh really? do tell!

Yeah for example: Fugue machine triggering of different parts is possible even without AU parameters yet, so essentially any AU sequencer could be used like this. Assign a FM preset to different CCs/notes/PC and use a sequencer to trigger them or do it live etc. :)

Sounds fun!

• @Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

oh really? do tell!

Sounds like I won’t even be attempting it 🤔

• @j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:
    A new feature to open a saved project and have it "add as extra tracks"

in the current AUM beta

Yes! The App that just keeps giving. This and MIDI FX in a vertical display to reduce track consumption space will be awesome.

• Are we there yet?

• With all these new midi apps coming out, sure would be nice to use them on the updated AUM. I’m not saying, I’m just saying.

• edited April 2019

A bit of a dirty jam...

🙏 no more stuck midi notes!

• I really hope there's some solution to the tempo drop down being hidden by maximized windows

• @recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

OK, this is excellent. What a great track! But what on earth do you have going in these channels! Fugue Machine, Bassline, and Cality are — doing what? And the channel with Bassline, Particles and Rhythm! Fascination. And I love the Turnado business.
    I could get lost in this for hours!
    Very impreccced.

• @recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

Really nice!

• edited April 2019

@brambos said:

@recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

Really nice!

@recccp Top stuff, had to look twice then to realise where the x y pads were from ! Thought it was part of the AUM update for a minute. Subscribed to u channel.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

OK, this is excellent. What a great track! But what on earth do you have going in these channels! Fugue Machine, Bassline, and Cality are — doing what? And the channel with Bassline, Particles and Rhythm! Fascination. And I love the Turnado business.
    I could get lost in this for hours!
    Very impreccced.

Thanks!

FM 1 -> Mersenne
    FM 2&3 -> Sunrizer
    Bassline (single note) -> Cality -> Phasemaker

Bassline -> Troublemaker
    Particles -> Ripplemaker
    Rhythm -> RuisFM

Patterning & RuisFM -> Objeq (send A)

RuisFM, Troublemaker, Phasemaker, Sunrizer, Objeq -> Turnado

+there are some fx returns (reverb, chorus, delay)

• Is it out yet?
    And when it's out will we be able to minimise the channels to circles to avoid the 'insane' side-ways scrolling/swiping when track-count goes up and this way get quicker access to tracks? (think 'expand' active track and collapse the others).

• @jipumarino said:
    I really hope there's some solution to the tempo drop down being hidden by maximized windows

It's still hidden. Sort of a solution is that TAP tempo now accessible via midi.

• @recccp

Very cool - nice track!

(and, yes, also excited for the AUM release!)

• Yes can’t come quick enough now, I think I got as many AU midi apps as AU Instruments now !

• @Samu said:
    Is it out yet?
    And when it's out will we be able to minimise the channels to circles to avoid the 'insane' side-ways scrolling/swiping when track-count goes up and this way get quicker access to tracks? (think 'expand' active track and collapse the others).

Not yet.
    No expand/minimise. There is an additional channel type for midi, where you can stack midi gens/fxs. The first two channels in the video with 3-3 au midi generators.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just for clarity... there is no default midi connection between midi gens on single channel. Everything can be routed everywhere. You can have unlimited? amount of midi channels and unlimited? amount of midi gens per channel (vertical scrolling).

• @recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

Great stuff! I am definitely hyped for this update.

• @recccp said:
    A bit of a dirty jam...

Very nice!!!

• @jonmoore said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:

@reasOne said:
    The coolest thing ever for a future AUM update would be the ability to save individual channel strips and load them into any project.

Yes! A new feature to open a prior saved project and have it "add as extra tracks" rather than total replacement for a running config would work too. Of course, we have no idea what this would mean to implement.

This is already in the current AUM beta :)

This is great news. AUM and apeMatrix in the bag ref granular channel strip/matrix device chain saving, now let's hope @Michael can deliver something similar for AudioBus for those IAA chains with state saving capabilities (or IAA/AU mixed chains).

• Oh great news, thanks @Michael :)
    Even more need for folders now, and maybe you could have favourites filters like in the app list.

• @robosardine said:

@Carnbot said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:

oh really? do tell!

Sounds like I won’t even be attempting it 🤔

....and I thought I was the only one :)