Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Update

Comments

• @wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:
    @j_liljedahl,I wouldn't consider scale mode on the keyboard to be feature creep but it's cool...i get it.. It's not gonna push me away from AUM by any stretch but the other options really require a lot of extra steps and bouncing around,... If I could lock kb-1 into the scrwen to replace the native keys I would, but unfortunately it jumps all over the place when I attempt to use it, I have to use it on my iPhone or iPad mini via Bluetooth to keep it outta the way

yeah, keyboard with scales, MPE and a easier way to move up/down the octave (minimoog ios does up/down octave great) would be a great improvement to AUM. Also I find it difficult to change BPM due to the AU windows covering the graphic, not sure of how best to overcome that?

Xequence AU Keys is a worthy addition to AUM. Its fully configurable, easy to change octaves, and has really cool options for cc modulations, including by sliding up and down the keys like Animoog, and even with motion detection.

Was going to say same. My go to AU keyboard.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:
    @j_liljedahl,I wouldn't consider scale mode on the keyboard to be feature creep but it's cool...i get it.. It's not gonna push me away from AUM by any stretch but the other options really require a lot of extra steps and bouncing around,... If I could lock kb-1 into the scrwen to replace the native keys I would, but unfortunately it jumps all over the place when I attempt to use it, I have to use it on my iPhone or iPad mini via Bluetooth to keep it outta the way

yeah, keyboard with scales, MPE and a easier way to move up/down the octave (minimoog ios does up/down octave great) would be a great improvement to AUM. Also I find it difficult to change BPM due to the AU windows covering the graphic, not sure of how best to overcome that?

Xequence AU Keys is a worthy addition to AUM. Its fully configurable, easy to change octaves, and has really cool options for cc modulations, including by sliding up and down the keys like Animoog, and even with motion detection.

Thank man for the suggestion 🙂, i think i would prefer it built into AUM, also if it was upgraded to MPE that would be awesome. I didn't get on with Xequence in the past so I never checked out the AU keys.

Fair enough.

I doubt the keyboard in AUM will change much. It hasn't changed one bit since the app's release, I don't think.

• @wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:

Thank man for the suggestion 🙂, i think i would prefer it built into AUM, also if it was upgraded to MPE that would be awesome. I didn't get on with Xequence in the past so I never checked out the AU keys.

Fair enough.

I doubt the keyboard in AUM will change much. It hasn't changed one bit since the app's release, I don't think.

I think its on the list but yeah it might be some time hihi

• Ahh. If its on the list, that's good.

• edited August 2019

Au keys and kb1 are both great, but I also wish AUM had its own built in scales on its keyboard, it's faster to get you from anywhere in your AUM session and dosent need resized and moved outta the way constantly or scrolling around to find it
    Sometimes you just wanna pull up keys and test stuff, can go back to the au options once you are all set to record

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@reasOne said:
    Au keys and kb1 are both great, but I also wish AUM had its own built in scales on its keyboard, it's faster to get you from anywhere in your AUM session and dosent need resized and moved outta the way constantly or scrolling around to find it
    Sometimes you just wanna pull up keys and test stuff, can go back to the au options once you are all set to record

Rozeta Scales stuck in between the keyboard and the app is good for this. There are also Mozaic scripts out there. I wrote one that has a white-keys mode so you can just bang away on the white keys and stay in scale. Sure it’s one more plugin to add, but you never have to see it except when changing the scale.

(Not to say it wouldn’t be GREAT to have built-in to AUM.)

• @j_liljedahl

Would it be possible to include manual delay compensation like there is for IAA nodes for every track even if it doesn't have a IAA node?

I use loopy and AB with AUM, so that i can determine what i send to loopy's input through an AUM bus that is connected to an AB out. However, this doesn't seem to be compensated. Or at least not with my setup where i'm looping an external hardware synth that i'm clocking with a ruismaker FM sending to a seperate hardware out. For now, I am working around by placing an IAA node on the bus that goes to loopy and setting its compensation manually and that works for me. Of course i'd really like it to just work without any of this, but I'm guessing this is an easier fix.

• I got KB-1 but maybe I should have gotten AU keys instead. For some reason I can’t get along with KB-1. Perhaps user error. But I do love Xequence 2’s keyboard!

So @wim how does the script work? Does it use AUM’s keyboard?

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

Rozeta Scales stuck in between the keyboard and the app is good for this. There are also Mozaic scripts out there. I wrote one that has a white-keys mode so you can just bang away on the white keys and stay in scale. Sure it’s one more plugin to add, but you never have to see it except when changing the scale.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I got KB-1 but maybe I should have gotten AU keys instead. For some reason I can’t get along with KB-1. Perhaps user error. But I do love Xequence 2’s keyboard!

So @wim how does the script work? Does it use AUM’s keyboard?

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

You can use AUM's keyboard if you want. Just load the plugin, set whatever input you like to it (internal keyboard or another app). Pick a scale and how you want it to treat out of scale notes. Then set the app you want to play to receive from it. https://patchstorage.com/simple-scaler/

• Simply can’t believe that Korg Electribe Wave is an AUV3 now. Big win for AUM!

• Is it possible to duplicate fx or midi units inside same track? So let’s say I can copy current rozeta bassline, tweak notes and connect it to another synth to add second layer

• edited December 2019

@lazyass said:
    Is it possible to duplicate fx or midi units inside same track? So let’s say I can copy current rozeta bassline, tweak notes and connect it to another synth to add second layer

You can save the bassline sequence as a preset then add another bassline and reload that preset.

• @klownshed said:
    You can save the bassline sequence as a preset then add another bassline and reload that preset.

good point, thanks!

• Another option to duplicate entire channels;

Save your project.

Delete all but the channels you want to duplicate or use again in another project.

Save those channels as a new AUM project.

Now you can add just those channels to any AUM Project by selecting ‘import’ from the main add channel button.

• @wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:

Fair enough.

I think one reason people like the AUM keyboard is that it's so quick to change from one plugin to another; you simply open the second plugin and select the keyboard button. AUM disconnects from the first plugin and connects to the second.

With any third party keyboard, or a MIDI processor like a scale-restrictor, you have to disconnect from the first plugin manually, otherwise you'll send to both plugins. Three extra taps and a bit of scrolling. Plus if you forgot to deselect the first plugin and opened the second you have to close or move that window out of the way.... The definition of a First-World problem, but over the course of a session it amounts to a lot of extra tapping and scrolling that gets tiresome.

While adding in scales, MPE, etc to AUM is a pretty heavy ask, here's another thought: Maybe @j_liljedahl could allow the user to select 3rd party plugins to be activated by the AUM keyboard button? This way you just press one button and whatever keyboard you prefer opens and is connected to whichever plugin you're in (and other connections are broken).

An additional feature that would make this better and, I believe, make a lot of users happy overall, is if AUM could remember AU window sizes and positions.

• ”An additional feature that would make this better and, I believe, make a lot of users happy overall, is if AUM could remember AU window sizes and positions.”

I would kill for this!

• Sidechain you say?

• @Zjenji said:

”An additional feature that would make this better and, I believe, make a lot of users happy overall, is if AUM could remember AU window sizes and positions.”

I would kill for this!

Likewise. Is it possible @j_liljedahl ?

• Now the question is, when will the next version of AUM be out... and what other features can we expect?

• @papertiger said:

Another vote for saving AU window sizing and position.

• My AUM wish list.

Option

1.remote follows channel.

2.time line loop option, 1 line arrangement track.

3.save/load midi mappings file.

4.route channel to input file recorder.

5.save/load individual channels. (Not import)

• Excellent - when Ableton Live added this it was a game changer, since one of my controller had a dodgy driver and I needed to disconnect and reconnect it during a live set.

• @kgmessier said:

@papertiger said:

And yet another vote. Got used to it in apeMatrix and wondered why AUM didn't care in the first place.

• @rs2000 said:

@kgmessier said:

@papertiger said:

And yet another vote. Got used to it in apeMatrix and wondered why AUM didn't care in the first place.

+1

• Shuuhhhhhhzzzaaammmm! AUM - the gift that keeps on giving :)

• I just bought all kymatica apps just for support this great dev❤️

• edited February 2020