Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3... Will there EVER be another major update?

It’s been so long. I haven’t heard anything

Comments

• I would imagine that universal is coming, unless that’s been cancelled?

• Oh no.
    Here we go, again.
    :#

• There’s no word even on their forum, so it seems pointless to speculate here. Y’all will anyway, though I know. Gotta do something now that Gadget 2 is out. B)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/

• edited March 2019

@wim said:
    There’s no word even on their forum, so it seems pointless to speculate here. Y’all will anyway, though I know. Gotta do something now that Gadget 2 is out. B)

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/

Could join my NS2 prayer circle. (We worship the coming of audio tracks/freeze/AU fx automation)

• I'm holding out for BM4

• Updates have slowed but intua hasn’t let us down in the past, so I’m sure they are working

• @lukesleepwalker , that was a joke , right? Wow this looks dismal . Time to put it out of my mind I suppose .

• @AudioGus : Yeah that time is coming and it’s gonna be suwheeet!

• I will say this, and then let sleeping dogs lie... Back in early 2016, I was promised that the universal/iPhone version was coming soon. I was made a beta tester. To this date, I have yet to see a single beta release. Now, you can make your own decision as to how long a promised release has to go before it can be considered vapor ware. But, there comes a point where the people who never lose faith are either vindicated or laughed at for their unwavering trust. I’m at that point, and I’m calling it vaporware. Since that time back in 2016, there have been new DAW releases, and I am no longer as desperate as I once was for a quality DAW on the iPhone platform. If it comes, I ‘may’ buy it, but if it doesn’t, I don’t really care anymore.

• The saying "nothing last forever" comes to mind.

• They have been hella quiet lately.

• Sorry what is BM3?

Jk & t

• BM3 is BeatMaker3

• I would love to see an update as well as the request list is long. However, in BM3s defence, Mathieu has responded about twenty times already in the last two months on the Intua forum so that is pretty active in my book.

• For the last few weeks every time the dev posts over on Intua forum he signs off with “Stay Tuned”. I’d say that’s pretty promising, wouldn’t you?

But to all the whiny people who are never satisfied and always want MOAR.... BM3 still offers the most complete DAW package on iOS.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Btw, that Gadget update... that was more like an x.1 in my books. File/project management is still shocking.

• 3.1 has been a loooooong time in the wings though so really hope we see it getting beta tested soon.

• Update soon come!!!!! That is all.

• @tk32: Yes, that IS promising! Thanks

• The real thing is....

DAW’s ARE DEAD

At leats, on mobile platforms.

• @OnfraySin said:
    The real thing is....

DAW’s ARE DEAD

At leats, on mobile platforms.

Why?

• If some of the finickyness of the midi note/automation editor get smoothed out, I will get lost for a week or two sampling from Streemur and making some breaks. I just love the whole pad setup methodology in BM3 for programming drums. It’s amazing. I just have a hard time poking in notes and massaging them in the note editor. But playing the pads live...nothing beats the 4x4 layout it’s got. Everything is right where it needs to be.

• Yes! 2025 (estimate)

It will be called BM4 and will be fully rewritten to keep us on our toes.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @lukesleepwalker , that was a joke , right? Wow this looks dismal . Time to put it out of my mind I suppose .

It was a joke, yes. Apparently a bad one.

• edited March 2019

@Telstar5 said:
    @AudioGus : Yeah that time is coming and it’s gonna be suwheeet!

I mostly want NS2 audio tracks for a) freezing b) editing Egoist stuff c) importing BM3 tracks. Then my iOS life will be complete (yah right etc etc, never ends ;) )

• @drez said:
    If some of the finickyness of the midi note/automation editor get smoothed out, I will get lost for a week or two sampling from Streemur and making some breaks. I just love the whole pad setup methodology in BM3 for programming drums. It’s amazing. I just have a hard time poking in notes and massaging them in the note editor. But playing the pads live...nothing beats the 4x4 layout it’s got. Everything is right where it needs to be.

Can't you get 4x4 in Xequence or nanostudio 2 too?
    Both also offer much better MIDI editing, IMHO.

• edited March 2019

@tja said:

@drez said:
    If some of the finickyness of the midi note/automation editor get smoothed out, I will get lost for a week or two sampling from Streemur and making some breaks. I just love the whole pad setup methodology in BM3 for programming drums. It’s amazing. I just have a hard time poking in notes and massaging them in the note editor. But playing the pads live...nothing beats the 4x4 layout it’s got. Everything is right where it needs to be.

BM3 pad layout is really special. The left hand controls are unrivalled and you can't actually take advantage of them because BM3 is a chump at recording/playing notes.

Eg. you can get very realistic ruffs/rolls using the left hand trigger pad but the notes don't actually record/play with midi properly.

• @BroCoast said:

@tja said:

@drez said:

BM3 pad layout is really special. The left hand controls are unrivalled and you can't actually take advantage of them because BM3 is a chump at recording/playing notes.

Eg. you can get very realistic ruffs/rolls using the left hand trigger pad but the notes don't actually record/play with midi properly.

Exactly. The layout of BM3’s 4x4 is unrivaled for live play. And I play most of my drum parts live, not sequenced. So it’s just the editing itself that’s the issue. I use NS2 as my main host but doing drums, breakbeat and maschine type workflow...BM3 is superb.

• It maybe it’s coming to MAC & Windows?.... Universal..... Probably why you have heard from them... :D