Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blank

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The Behringer FCB1010 is supposed to work well with Loopy (at least according to the forums); I've got one on order, and expect it to arrive in a few days. It has ten MIDI pedal triggers, and two continuous controllers.

I know that JamUp takes MIDI input, and many apps do as well (Turnado? I think so…), so you might be able to apply the effects you need by triggering them with MIDI, rather than having things run through the M13 effect chain.

The FCB1010 is about $150 on the street, versus $500 for the M13. You can get a heck of a lot of apps that will do audio effects and looping for $350….

• The behringer is terrible to program but does what it says in the tin. Also a tank compared to their other stuff.

• Also, you can send midi program changes with the FCB but I'm not sure if echo pad responds to them. You can definitely control loopy quite well with it.

• edited January 2017
  • For those that don't know there are a few FCB 1010 editors available for the PC that makes programming the unit so much easier. I use the free FCB10101 MIDI Editor by Ed Dixon:

http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/showfaqs.asp?

• @AfxTwn said:

I was wondering if you could use a foot pedal to switch between Echo Pad effects, say one footswitch for the shimmer effect and another for distortion?

Echo Pad does not currently support MIDI, it has been a low priority feature request.
    I am planning to add midi support to all of my apps this year, but I don't have an ETA at the moment.

@AfxTwn Are you more interested in being able to toggle each effect on/off independently, or switch presets via foot pedal?

• Also, I've had had an FCB1010 before for controlling Ableton and they are pretty solid. Much faster to program with a software editor though. There's also the Soft Step, but I've never personally used it.

The Apogee GIO was the last midi foot controller I owned which I loved, but sadly did not work with iOS. I didn't try it with iOS 6 or 7 though, so maybe there's been an update to the firmware.

• edited January 2017
  • @AfxTwn - Thanks for the reply. I will keep this in mind when I add MIDI support, I think it would be best to have both options as you describe.