Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video demo of Polythemus AU midi app Out Now!!

13»

Comments

• @Jumpercollins I noticed Photon was recording 0 duration notes which caused them to stick, fixed that today, but Polythemus won’t have that issue.
    Will give this combo(kb1 to polythemus) a proper workout tomorrow to see if I can capture it

• This is VERY cool. Had it working in AUM in no time. While I quickly got Polythemus to route a three-note chord to 3 different synths in AUM, I'm wondering if it can also route the MIDI on different channels in to Ableton Live through IDAM. It seems to only send the MIDI output on Channel 1 in to Live. I suppose the MIDI channel routing is 'internal', therefore only routable within AUM. Any hope for what I'm thinking in Live? Thanks!

• @ehalt said:
    This is VERY cool. Had it working in AUM in no time. While I quickly got Polythemus to route a three-note chord to 3 different synths in AUM, I'm wondering if it can also route the MIDI on different channels in to Ableton Live through IDAM. It seems to only send the MIDI output on Channel 1 in to Live. I suppose the MIDI channel routing is 'internal', therefore only routable within AUM. Any hope for what I'm thinking in Live? Thanks!

Not tried Polythemus with Idam midi, just audio for recording.
    I think if there is only one stream/connection (iphone say) available on the mac (midi studio) you can still use polythemus midi channel override(tap volume label to switch views) to assign voices(eg voice 1=midi channel 1 etc), then the mac app (live or logic) can have tracks that listen on individual midi channels.
    I have Live on my mbp, so will try this out.

I’m thinking a small tweak to Polythemus could also make this work on all ios hosts by having a mode that sends to thru(cable 0 used by all hosts) only but using midi channels...

• Wow, this already works perfectly, just by using midi channel override. Each voice comes through to Live on a different midi channel. I just create 3 midi channels in Live, put different instruments on each, and it works like a charm. And to think that using IDAM, I can also bring the audio into Live at the same time (giving me iPad synths and Live instruments/plugins, etc all playing at the same time). Pretty incredible. Great work!!! If working mostly in Live, I suppose I wouldn't even have to create multiple tracks in AUM to make this work. I can just open Polythemus by itself on Ch 1 in AUM, set tracks to listen on different channels, and it works in sending midi to Live. This is really impressive. So many uses!

• @ehalt said:
    Wow, this already works perfectly, just by using midi channel override. Each voice comes through to Live on a different midi channel. I just create 3 midi channels in Live, put different instruments on each, and it works like a charm. And to think that using IDAM, I can also bring the audio into Live at the same time (giving me iPad synths and Live instruments/plugins, etc all playing at the same time). Pretty incredible. Great work!!! If working mostly in Live, I suppose I wouldn't even have to create multiple tracks in AUM to make this work. I can just open Polythemus by itself on Ch 1 in AUM, set tracks to listen on different channels, and it works in sending midi to Live. This is really impressive. So many uses!

interesting, maybe AUM sends all outputs to one channel(containing all 16 midi ch) - will test this out again incase we dont need this override.
    Will try Audiobus midi as well.
    some great vsts to try this with then!

• I am having alot of fun with this in AUM. Problem is now I would like to record the results in Auriapro. I can get a midi signal from an instrument to Auria but struggle to get an audio out. I have tried using Polythemus in Audiobus because I know I can get an audio out from there but I cant seem to be able to stup Polythemus for different synths to receive each chanel that Polythemus sends. Any help from Tony or any of you wizz kids out there would be much appreciated. Thanks

• @Metalman said:
    I am having alot of fun with this in AUM. Problem is now I would like to record the results in Auriapro. I can get a midi signal from an instrument to Auria but struggle to get an audio out. I have tried using Polythemus in Audiobus because I know I can get an audio out from there but I cant seem to be able to stup Polythemus for different synths to receive each chanel that Polythemus sends. Any help from Tony or any of you wizz kids out there would be much appreciated. Thanks

Can't help with the audio, but new version of Polythemus today allows all midi to be routed the 1st channel (called thru) - this enables Audiobus3 etc to work off just midi channel. The manual pdf details how.

• @midiSequencer said:

@Metalman said:
    I am having alot of fun with this in AUM. Problem is now I would like to record the results in Auriapro. I can get a midi signal from an instrument to Auria but struggle to get an audio out. I have tried using Polythemus in Audiobus because I know I can get an audio out from there but I cant seem to be able to stup Polythemus for different synths to receive each chanel that Polythemus sends. Any help from Tony or any of you wizz kids out there would be much appreciated. Thanks

Can't help with the audio, but new version of Polythemus today allows all midi to be routed the 1st channel (called thru) - this enables Audiobus3 etc to work off just midi channel. The manual pdf details how.

It will work with AUM but I struggle to see how it will work with Audiobus.
    Where in the chain does Poythemus sit? On the Midi page 1st slot or in the effects slot. Can’t see how even using Midi through How I can send it to another synth on a different chanel. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Cheers

• Have been playing a 4 voice Korg iMS-20 with AUM and Gadget but I had to use MIDI Tools Route to separate out the channels into 4 instances in Gadget. Is there a way to do this within Polythemus? Wild though, great for mucking about on the keyboard with.

• @Metalman said:

@midiSequencer said:

@Metalman said:

It will work with AUM but I struggle to see how it will work with Audiobus.
    Where in the chain does Poythemus sit? On the Midi page 1st slot or in the effects slot. Can’t see how even using Midi through How I can send it to another synth on a different chanel. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Cheers

Looking for AB3 missing functionality with midi channels.... AUM has a nice set of buttons...

• I think I might've dismissed Polythemus AU as "not for me" too soon. It seems like this one does something fairly unique and good for experimentation.

Now that the new app smell has worn off... how are users who own Polythemus AU getting on with it? Learning curve?

• Interested too. Seems like the software version of the FutureRetro Mondovox.

Can it send out the different Midi Channels in apeMatrix like it does in AUM?

• @ocelot said:
    Interested too. Seems like the software version of the FutureRetro Mondovox.

Can it send out the different Midi Channels in apeMatrix like it does in AUM?

I don’t think it does... yet. I’m on the apeMatrix beta and it’s coming.

• Great news, thanks @skiphunt apeMatrix is so efficient, it's given even my old Air 1 a new lease on life.

• yes, apeMatrix will soon support multiple outputs for midi effects. Polythemus allows you to force a midi channel to an output if you want.