Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMs20 / iPolysix... Not universal ?

Are these the first non universal gadgets ?
I'm not really digging korg making gadgets that i can't access across all my devices, seems to defeat the purpose of the environment as opposed to making them auv3 to use in other daws.
Do we know if they have plans to make em universal soon or ever ...

Comments

• You have to do the remote install dance with an iPad if you have one. I only know this for iMS-20 but I assume it's the same for the other.

• I am not familiar with this technique! Any other info..

@Jocphone said:
    You have to do the remote install dance with an iPad if you have one. I only know this for iMS-20 but I assume it's the same for the other.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@reasOne said:
    I am not familiar with this technique! Any other info..

@Jocphone said:
    You have to do the remote install dance with an iPad if you have one. I only know this for iMS-20 but I assume it's the same for the other.

1. Install and run the standalone apps on an iPad at least once.
    2. Close them down and open Gadget on the iPad, the gadgets should install and be available.
    3. Leave Gadget running on the iPad and open Gadget on the iPhone. You must be on the same WiFi network, and signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices.
    4. Open the gadget selector and see if the two new gadgets show in the list. If they don’t then do a restore purchases.
    5. Finally, when you try to open one of the gadgets, you should be prompted to do a remote install, which will enable them on the phone.
  • @wim said:

@reasOne said:

@Jocphone said:

2. Close them down and open Gadget on the iPad, the gadgets should install and be available.
    3. Leave Gadget running on the iPad and open Gadget on the iPhone. You must be on the same WiFi network, and signed in with the same Apple ID on both devices.
    4. Open the gadget selector and see if the two new gadgets show in the list. If they don’t then do a restore purchases.
    5. Finally, when you try to open one of the gadgets, you should be prompted to do a remote install, which will enable them on the phone.

Easy as Pie. Super intuitive concept.

• It didn’t work for me until I saved a file in iCloud Drive. Which you do from the ‘Open’ dialogue.

Obviously.

• H> @reasOne said:

iWavestation/Milpitas is also non-universal.

• @Beathoven said:
    H> @reasOne said:

It is universal

• @Beathoven said:
    H> @reasOne said:

You probably meant iM1

• edited March 2019

IM1/Darwin is universal as well, by the same procedure.

• I've done it, but don't get it. Why didn't they just make them universal?

Finding out that iMS20 and iPolysix now work in Gadget was a pleasant surprise. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but was ready to find that my old apps were redundant and that Korg were hoping to thump me again for Gadget versions.

Is there any indication that Electribe Wave is going to get Gadgetised? I'd certainly be much more interested in buying it if it was.

Also, is it possible to route externally Taipei controlled synths back into Zurich?

• @jipumarino said:

@Beathoven said:
    H> @reasOne said:

You probably meant iM1

Doh, yeah I meant iM1/Darwin. People with my memory should be extinct.

• edited March 2019

@Jocphone said:
    IM1/Darwin is universal as well, by the same procedure.

Darwin is, but iM1 isn't, right? It's more important in Darwin's case because it's barely a patch-selection gadget.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@pauly said:
    I've done it, but don't get it. Why didn't they just make them universal?

Probably too much work to be cost effective in their view. The work to gadgetize it is separate from that needed to make the GUI universal.

Is there any indication that Electribe Wave is going to get Gadgetised? I'd certainly be much more interested in buying it if it was.

I can’t imagine that happening. First of all, when they came out with ODESSEYi and iMono/Poly they did the Gadgets at the same time. I would expect them to do the same with KEW if they were going to. Second, they don’t carry the functionality of any of their synths arps and sequencers into Gadget, and KEW is all about being a sequencer. Just a guess on my part though.

Also, is it possible to route externally Taipei controlled synths back into Zurich?

Nope. Zurich can only accept audio from external sources (interfaces) or imported audio. Sooo dumb and frustrating!

• My impression from a very brief play with Zurich was 'Gee, it doesn't do much.' Maybe they had an intern they needed to throw a simple project to.

• I'm freaking loving iMS-20 !!!
    It's so grimy, I can't stop jamming on it..
    I found some ms20 patch cards and have been copy programming them into the app! It's helping Me learn the synth pretty quick and then come up with my own edits / tweaks... i might start a new post here to share them...
    But ya it's working inside gadget on my iPhone so that's solved!!

I'm not convinced yet to get the poly six but that sale is making it tempting, I just feel that arp oddyse would be better, waiting and hoping it goes on sale soon!
    If it wasn't a big company korg app I'd just get it now and support the indie dev but knowing korg does like 4 sales a year I just can't see not waiting lol

• @reasOne said:
    I'm freaking loving iMS-20 !!!
    I found some ms20 patch cards and have been copy programming them into the app! It's helping Me learn the synth pretty quick and then come up with my own edits / tweaks... i might start a new post here to share them...

I'm not convinced yet to get the poly six but that sale is making it tempting, I just feel that arp oddyse would be better, waiting and hoping it goes on sale soon!
    If it wasn't a big company korg app I'd just get it now and support the indie dev but knowing korg does like 4 sales a year I just can't see not waiting lol

If you like iMS20 for it’s grimy sound you’ll love ODYSSEi. Indeed, wait for the sale.
    iPolysix/Pompei sits between Phoenix and Montpelier.

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:

@Jocphone said:

Beautiful! And this works for all three iPad gadgets? M1, Ipolysix, etc?

• I couldn’t get the remote install to work until I saved a document in cloud drive which created the Korg Gadget folder in iCloud Drive.

I don’t think it was just coincidence, but after I did that ims20 and ipolysix showed up in Gadget on the iPhone and I was able to install them without any further hassles.

• @R_2 said:

@reasOne said:
    I'm freaking loving iMS-20 !!!

If you like iMS20 for it’s grimy sound you’ll love ODYSSEi. Indeed, wait for the sale.
    iPolysix/Pompei sits between Phoenix and Montpelier.

Man, I really want the synth!! Sale or no sale I may not be able to resist much longer 🤣🤣

• @Audiojunkie said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

@Jocphone said:

Beautiful! And this works for all three iPad gadgets? M1, Ipolysix, etc?

And Module too.