Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a sequencer that will randomise note lengths and notes?

I like the way Groovebox randomises- most of the other sequencers I am aware of only seem to randomise 1/16th notes.
Is there any that will do it like Groovebox?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2019

r960Seq is modeled on the Moog sequencer module and sequences pitch, duration and velocity. It also lets you skip stages, etc.
    Rubicon does the same, with the addition of CC values and ratcheting.

• Maybe explore Riffer, Rozetta particles, Autony, Polyphase

• quantum has a humanise to randomise notes

• Thanks everyone

R960- I can see no mention of randomising in the App Store, also it has a bug with iOS 11- and has not been updated in 2 years.

Rubicon is not in the UK App Store.

Riffer- I have already- it does not do random note lengths.

Rozeta particles- also does not do randomised note lengths- unless I’m mistaken?

Antony- I did not think does random note lengths- can someone confirm?

Polyphase- looks promising, I may well be exploring this one further- I’m surprised I have never heard about it before?

Quantum- of course looks good- but are you absolutely sure it randomises note lengths like Groovebox? In the manual it only states that the notes and velocity are randomised?

🤔

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks everyone

R960- I can see no mention of randomising in the App Store, also it has a bug with iOS 11- and has not been updated in 2 years.

Rozeta particles- also does not do randomised note lengths- unless I’m mistaken?

Polyphase- looks promising, I may well be exploring this one further- I’m surprised I have never heard about it before?

Quantum- of course looks good- but are you absolutely sure it randomises note lengths like Groovebox? In the manual it only states that the notes and velocity are randomised?

🤔

Riffer randomizes pitch, duration (gate?) and volume. It has also a tie notes button and number of notes per sequence. Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but close IMO

• @tiantong said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks everyone

🤔

Riffer randomizes pitch, duration (gate?) and volume. It has also a tie notes button and number of notes per sequence. Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but close IMO

Hi - yes I agree it is a good app and it is close- the ties for the notes are pre determined by the user. It’s just not quite what I am looking for. It doesn’t seem to generate the same satisfaction I get from the Groovebox sequencer.

Has anyone tried Polyphase?

• Just discovered on another thread that Polyphase has no Link 😮 so that’s it out.

So does Quantum generate different note lengths as part of its random/ humanise function?

• @robosardine said:
    Thanks everyone

🤔

You may have to get creative with an lfo. Ex- Ape matrix using autony, lfo assigned to gate length.

• edited March 2019

@robosardine said:
    Just discovered on another thread that Polyphase has no Link 😮 so that’s it out.

So does Quantum generate different note lengths as part of its random/ humanise function?

No just Note pitch &/or velocity directly.

You can of course automate the length so drive it with a midi cc - if that cc value was random....

• @hibjshop said:

@robosardine said:
    Thanks everyone

🤔

You may have to get creative with an lfo. Ex- Ape matrix using autony, lfo assigned to gate length.

😼 thanks- not too keen on this option though- it wouldn’t quite fit the bill for me.

• Ah well..... thanks everyone.... looks like this ones been wrapped up.

• edited March 2019

@robosardine

Nanostudio 2 - you can apply swing (which is basically randomize) on note end or note length

• @midiSequencer said:

@robosardine said:
    Just discovered on another thread that Polyphase has no Link 😮 so that’s it out.

You can of course automate the length so drive it with a midi cc - if that cc value was random....

I thought Gate % changed the note length in Quantum?

• @gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer said:

@robosardine said:

It does - you can draw or automate that

• edited March 2019

Step poly arp unit.

• @midiSequencer said:

@gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer said:

@robosardine said:

Right. But you can’t randomize it. Got it.

• Sorry, I didn’t read the question properly.

• Xequence’s PolyHymnia can do all of that.

• @gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer said:

@gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer said:

@robosardine said:

Right. But you can’t randomize it. Got it.

But you can try randomizing the step order playback as well.

• Sugarbytes Thesys

• Thanks
    @dendy I don’t think this would work in quite the fashion I am looking for- though it has just jogged a latent interest I had for Obsidian
    @BiancaNeve Step poly arp looks promising- I will certainly look into this further- it’s now on my radar, as is xequence with PolyHymnia @Zjenji.
    @MonkeyDrummer I have Thesys already- it doesn’t randomise note lengths though.
    🙂