Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Gadget 2 - NEW Instant Style & Beat Creator - Tempo Change & More

This is another great new feature in Gadget 2, plus I go through how to change the tempo mid track or wherever you like as many times as you like and also creating fade ins and outs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW_ydNXOZHk

Comments

• edited March 2019

Nice video Doug, love these new features.

• If you’re like me and had trouble seeing the window with the fades, etc. Try turning off “Reduce Transparency” in the iOS settings app, General>Accessibility.

• The tempo change and fades are very welcome. I first cringed at the drummer, only because it made me think of the auto drummer in Logic Pro. This one is better though, and can actually be played almost like a monosynth, with one finger held down and another tapping elsewhere for variation.

• Not sure what there is to cringe about in respect of the Logic and GarageBand drummers

pretty clever in my opinion.

• @thesoundtestroom Thank you Sir Doug. Useful. And clear. Very good. I am jealous of your feature 'bar' when you open it up it is a darker grey and thus easier to see the text against. Did you fiddle with it or just the luck of Irish somehow?

• If you've got the bright grey background then you have enabled the 'Reduce Transparency' option in iOS settings....General.....Accessibility

• edited March 2019

I was on the verge of buying one of the Lumbeats apps, as my beatmaking is rubbish, but this does the job really nicely.

What I find helps is layering a few drum tracks together, you can get a right fancy rhythm going and get decent sounding fills in.

I bought Gladstone when it came out, but never used it, and always felt a bit guilty about it. Coming right into it's own now...

• Is that no sound thing a bug or a feature...the volume looks to be set by the fade settings so maybe dependent on the transport bar position

• I love the new drummer. To me it's a really big deal and makes Gadget a lot more fun.

And I haven't seen anybody mention the fade-in/fade-out, so thanks for pointing that out, Doug.

• I totaly dig the drummer, fun stuff and why not? Would be nice if it were also in the new Typo Gadget though,

• very cool video, but i have a question. is scene tempo change not an option on iphone. my buttons are greyed out and not selectable. ?

• very cool video, but i have a question. is scene tempo change not an option on iphone. my buttons are greyed out and not selectable. ?