Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Samples File Management?

Lacking knowledge and looking for advice regarding audio sample file storage

Currently using icloud drive and audio share. Going well but getting there was confusing.

Any advice on avoiding double files, accessibility within apps, and saving to the cloud?

-thx

Comments

• The FREE Documents by Readdle app - allows you to browse cloud services without downloading files. Also, the app does so much more than that.

HTH

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Unfortunately because of the nature of iOS “sandboxing” you’re just going to have duplicated storage all over the place no matter what you do. It’s not like on a computer where you can just point multiple applications to the same copy of a file in the file system. Generally, each app can only access files in its own protected area. The files app, and apps like Documents mentioned above, can make finding and importing files easier, and can help with organization, but they can’t do anything about the duplicative storage.

Its just part of the nature of the beast. IOS is more secure because of it, but at a cost. Having one central repository like AudioShare helps minimize the confusion though.

• Ok thanks, appreciate the info. Thought maybe I was missing something.

• The APFS file system is neat, because if you make a copy of a file, it doesn’t actually create a new version. So, if you drag a a 1MB sample from one folder to another, both “copies” are still the same file, and only take up 1MB in total.

Only when you edit one of these instances does the iPad make a copy. This means that if you don’t edit the copies, you can keep the same sample in lots of app’s folders.

• Yup. I have pretty much replaced AudioShare with Readdle Documents since it integrates cloud storage services which lets me store audio files that are synced across devices whether I’m on the iPad or phone.

Another thing I like about Readdle Documents is its audio player. You can treat any list of audio files like Apple’s Music app treats playlists: You can loop all, loop one, or shuffle. It also works better with Bluetooth earbuds/headphones since it responds to play/stop controls whereas AudioShare doesn’t.

There’s still one key area that Readdle lets me down for which I still come back to Audioshare which is proper playback of audio loops. If I ever bounce out a 8 bar loop for example and I want to loop it, there’s a pause when Readdle loops it. Audioshare, on the other hand, understands the concept of tempo so loops just fine.

Other areas that Audioshare still comes in handy are of course the ability to record things through fix apps and its built-in integration with AUM. And certain key apps that I use, such as Gadget, exports directly to Audioshare.

• @knobbage said:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/613342#Comment_613342
    Yup. I have pretty much replaced AudioShare with Readdle Documents since it integrates cloud storage services which lets me store audio files that are synced across devices whether I’m on the iPad or phone.

What do you do about trimming and converting files?