Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @dobbs said:
    Ah, that looks good, nice idea with the crossfade and scenes. But the Koala main app itself can't do this?

$4 ! Support the dev. Go on.

What device(s) you running? iPad? iPhone?

• edited November 2021

yeah you're right. but still, it would have been cool, when you're using it in standalone, you would have been able to play with the samples and use the monitor for vocals or a live instrument and apply effects to the live signal as well...

but ofc, can also do that with aum and the 2 plugins

(I'm on an ipad mini)

• @dobbs said:
    yeah you're right. but still, it would have been cool, when you're using it in standalone, you would have been able to play with the samples and use the monitor for vocals or a live instrument and apply effects to the live signal as well...

(I'm on an ipad mini)

you can apply the input fx to the input xD but yeah, koala fx is the answer to what you want.

• @cokomairena said:

@dobbs said:

(I'm on an ipad mini)

you can apply the input fx to the input xD but yeah, koala fx is the answer to what you want.

Koala FX doesn't seem to have any MIDI mapping for the FX and you can do small tweaks of the
    FX using CC's like you can with the Koala Sampler. Maybe there will be a Koala FX update... it appears that the FX app is developed by another programmer.

But it's AUv3 and Koala Sampler is NOT. Trade-offs.

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@McD said:

@cokomairena said:

@dobbs said:

(I'm on an ipad mini)

Koala FX doesn't seem to have any MIDI mapping for the FX and you can do small tweaks of the
    FX using CC's like you can with the Koala Sampler. Maybe there will be a Koala FX update... it appears that the FX app is developed by another programmer.

All the FX in Koala FX can be MIDI controlled through their AU parameters. Same for Koala Sampler running as an AU, which it can now do.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

@wim said:
    All the FX in Koala FX can be MIDI controlled through their AU parameters. Same for Koala Sampler running as an AU, which it can now do.

Excellent! I'll try tweaking a tiny bit of pitch shift in Koala FX using the Rozeta XY control. My search for
    a good pitch shifting app led me back to the excellent Eventide Micro Pitch app that has 2 (+ and -)
    pitch shift controls. It can create most of the "usual suspect" time delay FX app types, I think... Flange, Chorus, Delay, Echo.

• @McD said:

But Koala Sampler IS AUv3 with 8 port multi-out support…

In AUM create an audio track, put a mic or any app in the input slot, add all the effects needed and Koala Sampler in the fx slot, enable monitoring in Koala to hear what’s going on and sample away…

For midi control of Koala FX use the midi-mappng features of AUM.

Super easy and Super FUN :sunglasses:

• Well, well, never thought Andy would go full on Koala :sunglasses:

He also makes other weird and funny videos here's one featuring Yoko Ono haha...

• Man, I can almost smell that 😕

• :lol: :tongue:
    This just needs a bassline with Animoog BASE pack now! :lol:

• Sorry, can’t spare the time right now to check the various threads, so:

Auto-chop…does anyone else have an issue (and a workaround!) with Pad 1 keeping the entire source sample? Ideally, I’d like to have Pad 1 hold the first chop, pad 2 the second chop, etc. This seems like such a simple function that I suspect I’m missing something.

Thanks.

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

@zilld2017 said:
    Sorry, can’t spare the time right now to check the various threads, so:

Auto-chop…does anyone else have an issue (and a workaround!) with Pad 1 keeping the entire source sample? Ideally, I’d like to have Pad 1 hold the first chop, pad 2 the second chop, etc. This seems like such a simple function that I suspect I’m missing something.

Thanks.

Nope. That's just the way it works. There's no easy workaround other than lots of dragging and deleting.

• That takes care of that question. Thanks, @wim

• More koala greatness!

• edited December 2021

I can’t see how to access this new file browser.

External MIDI sync tho! Nice.

Edit: you have to disable AudioShare in the settings, then you can use the new file browser instead.

• @mistercharlie said:

Same. Tried every swipe and gesture I can think of. No luck.

• @mikewb said:

@mistercharlie said:

If you set your input source to “Import File” and tap an empty pad, it will come up. As noted above, make sure you’ve disabled AudioShare.

• @jrjulius said:

@mikewb said:

@mistercharlie said:

If you set your input source to “Import File” and tap an empty pad, it will come up. As noted above, make sure you’ve disabled AudioShare.

Thanks so much!

• @mikewb said:

@jrjulius said:

@mikewb said:

@mistercharlie said:

Thanks so much!

And for those of us who have AudioShare enabled, disable it. 👍

• File import works so nicely, thanks Marek :)

• Thanks Marek for the file picker - perfect 👌

• It looks just like the mini player from Sample Crate. Yeah. Thanks Marek

• @alecsbuga said:
    It looks just like the mini player from Sample Crate. Yeah. Thanks Marek

It does look identical!

• edited December 2021

@tahiche The reason koala's file picker looks a lot like sample crate is because they both use a stock iOS component from Apple called UIDocumentBrowserViewController (see here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uidocumentbrowserviewcontroller?language=objc)

I have to thank sample crate and @alecsbuga for showing me that it was possible to put a sample preview into the UIDocumentBrowserViewController, but the floating player thing is basically the only sensible way to do a player inside a document browser without breaking too many of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.

• @elf_audio said:
    @tahiche The reason koala's file picker looks a lot like sample crate is because they both use a stock iOS component from Apple called UIDocumentBrowserViewController (see here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uidocumentbrowserviewcontroller?language=objc)

I have to thank sample crate and @alecsbuga for showing me that it was possible to put a sample preview into the UIDocumentBrowserViewController, but the floating player thing is basically the only sensible way to do a player inside a document browser without breaking too many of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.

Previewing files is really handy. Great update!.

• @elf_audio said:

Yep. I was talking about the Mini Player UI

• The "mini player ui" can't go underneath or above the UIDocumentBrowserViewController because it's supposed to be a fullscreen view (see here in the "Important box") - so the only option is on top of the browser, at the bottom makes more sense because you're more likely going to want to choose a file higher up. Koala's floating player also has a little close button so you can move it out of the way, or alternatively swipe it down to get rid of it.

• @elf_audio said:
    The "mini player ui" can't go underneath or above the UIDocumentBrowserViewController because it's supposed to be a fullscreen view (see here in the "Important box") - so the only option is on top of the browser, at the bottom makes more sense because you're more likely going to want to choose a file higher up. Koala's floating player also has a little close button so you can move it out of the way, or alternatively swipe it down to get rid of it.

I would still have preferred to see it implemented like the initial 'media' button with added bookmarks to various locations...
    To be honest it felt way more 'Koala Like' that the current split-view thing :sunglasses:

• @Samu it's coming, there will be both options (AND more)! Just had a bit of a brain wave about something completely unrelated that koala needs urgently, you'll see the beta v soon!

• @elf_audio said:

What are these guidelines, out of interest? What are you not allowed to do?