Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @jazzmess said:
    Midi control is also excellent (tested with OP-Z)

Are you controlling samples with the OP-Z?

• Spoke to soon - just had the save issue @stormbeats mentioned. Also seems a bit random when importing audio - doesn’t always give an Audioshare preview.

• yes! sample import makes this app so so so much cooler !!thanks

• Triggler..........

• Apart from a few glitches, this is a brilliant update. Sample import makes this a proper thing.

• I only just realised you can resample a pad by tapping the mic button.

• i tried that but the audio is crackly o. the recorder pad. did you have this issue?> @robosardine said:

I only just realised you can resample a pad by tapping the mic button.

• @eross said:
    i tried that but the audio is crackly o. the recorder pad. did you have this issue?> @robosardine said:

I get that issue only when I have launched Koala as an IAA in AUM. Sounds like a sample rate issue? I'm sure it will be fixed in a future update. Haven't had a chance to play with audio import on my iPad which has all of my samples but looks like it will be a fun night.

• @eross said:
    i tried that but the audio is crackly o. the recorder pad. did you have this issue?> @robosardine said:

Works great for me. Standalone on an iPhone.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Apart from a few glitches, this is a brilliant update. Sample import makes this a proper thing.

Indeed, a fun and proper thing. I really think the only thing stopping from doing most of what I want to do is the ability to record something with two hands free. Having to hold down the sample button does limit the potential for sampling things that require two hands to make a sound.

Other than that, having a good ol' time with this here thing.

• yeah i was in aum. i’ll have to try it in standalone and see if that helps > @lukesleepwalker said:

@eross said:

Works great for me. Standalone on an iPhone.

• so it say midi controllable but where is the setup for that. does it control pads or playback? what is the extent of midi in this app. it would be very cool to be able to sync a midi pad keyboard or app to trigger the pads inside Kuala.

• Anyone can tell me the difference between this app and Triggler. Also a quick sampler which also has Ableton Link and is priced the same. Just curious if I should buy Koala.

Triggler

• Having lots of fun creating multi sample sequencing loops from my stash in AudioShare then importing to Gadgets Zürich to spice up a song top app.

• @eross said:

No crackles noticed from me either

• @greengrocer
    New + shiny = better
    ;)

So, Koala has many more sample slots and sequence slots, AudioShare import, many more FX, separate performance FX, and probably the killer feature is easy resampling, plus you can resample using the mic and speaker to create feedback effects.

The other one can load into AB output slot, which Koala cannot do (yet?). Oh yeah, it has a slightly more traditional sequencer with the step edit capability.

There is probably a few more differences, but these I mentioned should be enough to convince you that Koala is freakin’ awesome and worth getting.

I didn’t even mention how awesome the developer, @elf_audio is! Offered me that grilled cheese sandwich I requested. :)

• Can someone explain how pad resample works. I choose a pad with a sample loaded, choose mic button. A pop up appears, I choose resample. And.... then what?
    Thanks in advance.

• @jaijai said:
    Can someone explain how pad resample works. I choose a pad with a sample loaded, choose mic button. A pop up appears, I choose resample. And.... then what?
    Thanks in advance.

While Resample is selected from the sample options, hold down an empty pad (just like you were sampling from Mic) and then play other samples. Here you can tap out a manual sequence, adjust pitch/volume, and apply FX while resampling.

• @jaijai
    Hold an empty pad like usual to record, then press and hold the pad containing the sample you want to resample.

I keep holding too long on the resampling pad, and have to trim it afterward. :D

• @jaijai said:
    Can someone explain how pad resample works. I choose a pad with a sample loaded, choose mic button. A pop up appears, I choose resample. And.... then what?
    Thanks in advance.

When your pop up appears choose ‘resample from app’. The trick is you need to press both pads at the same time (the pad with the sound on it and the empty pad you are resampling to)
    There does seem to be a crackly AUM issue.... I get a lot of crackles in AUM these days.

• yeah it works fine in stand alone but in Aum or Audiobus it records with crackling. maybe it will get fixed in a future update. > @robosardine said:

@eross said:

No crackles noticed from me either

• @bcrichards , @CracklePot & @robosardine
    WoW, thanx for the quick replies and how to’s :smiley: it’s a real finger twister without planning

• edited March 2019

@CracklePot said:
    @greengrocer
    New + shiny = better
    ;)

So, Koala has many more sample slots and sequence slots, AudioShare import, many more FX, separate performance FX, and probably the killer feature is easy resampling, plus you can resample using the mic and speaker to create feedback effects.

The other one can load into AB output slot, which Koala cannot do (yet?). Oh yeah, it has a slightly more traditional sequencer with the step edit capability.

There is probably a few more differences, but these I mentioned should be enough to convince you that Koala is freakin’ awesome and worth getting.

I didn’t even mention how awesome the developer, @elf_audio is! Offered me that grilled cheese sandwich I requested. :)

Thanks, you convinced me! Just purchased it :) Triggler update is years ago and although still working is probably abandonware.

• @greengrocer said:
    Anyone can tell me the difference between this app and Triggler. Also a quick sampler which also has Ableton Link and is priced the same. Just curious if I should buy Koala.

Triggler

Triggler doesn't let you play a sample chromatically or in a scale, does it? That's a key feature in Koala.

• What I love most about this app is the merge sequences function. So quick to try out a part and then build it in to another sequence.

• Does this have time stretch?

• @RajahP said:
    Does this have time stretch?

No.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@RajahP said:

No.

Ok.. Just bought it and thought I was doing something wrong.. could be nice.. Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@RajahP said:

No.

Ok.. Just bought it and thought I was doing something wrong.. could be nice.. Thanks..

Yep could be very nice... But I just fire up BM3 if I need time stretching.

• @RajahP said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@RajahP said:

No.

Not proper timestretch, but the pitch knob does timestretch as you raise/lower the pitch.