Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Perfect!!!

Thanks!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@elf_audio said:
    Hi all! I have managed to fix most of the bugs with saving, still working on AudioShare import, will submit a new version tonight!!

Superior!

I will be in the airports of Malaga, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Houston and Austin over the next 48 hours and am planning a field recording sequence with Koala.

I expect results like this:

Well. That's thoroughly intimidating. Thanks.

:)

If you don't set the bar high... ;)

• @elf_audio eagerly awaiting the update! Think you’ll make a “pro” version with some even more advanced features (Adsr/one shot mode, etc.?) :wink:
    This is really special already.

One ‘minor’ thing I noticed, to my ears the Minor scale sounds off. Am I just wrong?

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio

Thank you for making a wonderful, simple to use Sampler App!

Your excellent write-up/description on your Web Site explaining your design philosophy, etc. is what pushed me over the edge to buy your App.

Here is a suggestion/thing to consider as you tweak your app - Make a version of (or option to use) your Koala app as the ultimate live Reggae/Dub app: essentially as a one-shot live sample trigger-er.

Plenty of people doing this type of sound in, well, Reggae/Dub. But, also in other genres.

To achieve this, your app would need to be able to:

i) import and store a sound/bit of dialogue,

ii) easily trigger a pad on the iDevice

iii) tweak sound with effects in Real Time.

Note: Ease of use/Flow is CRITICAL for such a situation. Especially when using live on Stage. Mainly due to the effect of Reggae/Dub pre-show enhancement activities.

Surprisingly, there aren't really any apps that do this easily on iOS. There are many that do some or most of the above, but all are too complicated, or require a lot of thinking/effort (difficult to do due to the aforementioned pre-show activities).

The closest I've found is BeatMaker 2, but that is encumbered by a bunch of stuff not needed for simply triggering one-shot samples and "Dubbing Out".

Ability to trigger the pads with external MIDI would also be great, but that would be further down the road.

Anyway, thanks again for a great app, and I look forward to following its development.

Roy

(PS - my apologies for some suggestions overlapping with others, I just wanted to be clear what would be needed for an ideal One-Shot sample trigger-er).

• @elf_audio a realtime ERASE button would be cool. Erasing by holding ERASE and holding pad to erase notes while sequence is playing. Can see a PRO version doing really well Excellent app.

• @elf_audio When I press SAVE it comes up as SAVE AS so does not do quick overwrite Have to rename SONG

• @stormbeats Yes on both msg.

• Anybody get the update yet?
    I still don’t see it.

• @CracklePot said:
    Anybody get the update yet?
    I still don’t see it.

Not yet

• @elf_audio My one request is landscape mode. We iPaders are a fickle bunch when it comes to portrait mode.

• @stormbeats it usually takes a day or so for updates to be approved by Apple, so hopefully some time today or tomorrow

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • +1 for landscape mode. Makes it eassier to use in a Dock like the focusrite itrack.

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio When I press SAVE it comes up as SAVE AS so does not do quick overwrite Have to rename SONG

+1, a fix for this would be good.

• Hi, Yes on both msgs meaning I also want a realtime erase and the possibility to overwrite songs. Thoses were some of my wishes but there are some many requests, I didn't list them here.

Anyway I'm gonna wait t'ill the update for making new tunes. The app crashed in the metro while saving a nice jam with the prerecorded voice announcing metro stations. :)

@stormbeats said:

@paradiddle said:
    @stormbeats Yes on both msg.

@paradiddle ?

• @elf_audio said:
    @stormbeats it usually takes a day or so for updates to be approved by Apple, so hopefully some time today or tomorrow

Ok cool

• ok new version released!! Please let me know how you get on with importing audio samples!

• @elf_audio said:
    @stormbeats it usually takes a day or so for updates to be approved by Apple, so hopefully some time today or tomorrow

Ok cool

• @elf_audio cheers for update Import sample crashing app and samples not going to selected pad and bank

• @elf_audio was attempting to import to a pad in bank A The app imported from Audioshare but bank jumped to B to random pad then playback stuck

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio EDIT - rebooted ipad import seems ok now but not importing to selected pad but for now can work with it

• edited March 2019

@elf_audio copy&drag sample to another pad not working now for me on ipad air2 since update
    EDIT Now seems ok i think my ipad is warming up haha App seems bit glitchy but its a step in right direction SAVE worked then tried again and Save As is appearing ...

• @elf_audio said:
    ok new version released!! Please let me know how you get on with importing audio samples!

All working as expected here. Excellent update, thank you!

• @elf_audio said:
    ok new version released!! Please let me know how you get on with importing audio samples!

All seems to be working fine on my SE - thanks for the update!

• Loving the update but I do miss the “s” on the performance page😃

• @elf_audio getting issues importing sometimes works sometimes not Also the Save issue i mentioned above Great start to the app but think it needs bit more fine tuning Will keep on the look out for updates. Look forward to hopefully getting One shot trigger sampling.

• Tested on my Air 2, no issues at all with the import or save. Triggering is still a bit erratic when I try and use the keyboard in record mode though.

• "Also I would like to find a way to route audio inside the app, but I\n"> @elf_audio said:

Man you rock !!! The update takes it to the next level !!!
    What about multiple sample import at once ? Could be handy loading a whole drum kit at once ! Instead of repeating.
    I also notice the sample are pitched up when I import them. Does that deal with sample rate ?
    Brillant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Midi control is also excellent (tested with OP-Z)