Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @Fingolfinzzz would you mind telling me how the velocity works please? Only had a quick look last night but couldn’t figure it out...

• @rud said:
    @Fingolfinzzz would you mind telling me how the velocity works please? Only had a quick look last night but couldn’t figure it out...

Yeah here’s a quick video of what to do. It may be a bit hard to see but you just click on the sequence you want to edit and it’ll come up with the piano roll and then click velocity at the bottom to edit it

• Superb, this.

• @Fingolfinzzz thank you very much. I get it now 👍

• Wow, what an update! Thank-you for this, the IAP is so good...

• edited January 2021

So much is so right with this latest update by @elf_audio but how can so much be so wrong with this track of mine? I think this update helped me to break thru to another dimension 🤪

Samples from Splice and voices from All Gas No Brakes on YouTube...wow...crazy awesome show (beware beware...all of his guests are Borat 😳)

Gonna go get some sleep now 😗|

• Even though I had access to the beta I bought the IAP without any hesitation.
    @elf_audio did an amazing job with this update.

It really lifts Koala to the next level!

I guess AUv3 and some other Koala magic is up next 😎
    Personal favourite would be a tape/vinyl scratch effect (ie. move the tape/record under the playhead/needle).

I’m really looking forward to where Koala’s journey goes next...

Well Done!

• Great update. @elf_audio you might have seen in another post but there’s still an issue where it crashes audiobus when put in a midi slot...

• @Samu said:
    Even though I had access to the beta I bought the IAP without any hesitation.
    @elf_audio did an amazing job with this update.

It really lifts Koala to the next level!

I guess AUv3 and some other Koala magic is up next 😎
    Personal favourite would be a tape/vinyl scratch effect (ie. move the tape/record under the playhead/needle).

I’m really looking forward to where Koala’s journey goes next...

Well Done!

Agreed. Incredibly talented developer. The sky’s the limit.

Best wishes @elf_audio

• Great update. Piano roll is a killer feature. I’ll use it more now, for sure.
    @waka_x i hope you don’t mind...

• @tahiche
    nope - au contraire :) glad you like it.
    its source is
    http://50watts.com/Taedium-Vitae-Farewell-Notes-of-Japanese-Literary-Suicides
    and visit http://50watts.com for a fabulous museum of book illustration.:)

• Amazing update! Great combination of simplicity and features :)

• @echoopera said:
    So much is so right with this latest update by @elf_audio but how can so much be so wrong with this track of mine? I think this update helped me to break thru to another dimension 🤪

Samples from Splice and voices from All Gas No Brakes on YouTube...wow...crazy awesome show (beware beware...all of his guests are Borat 😳)

Gonna go get some sleep now 😗|

Dank track!

• Yeah nice new features :) scrolling background is a nice touch too, really hope this makes it to AU one day.

• This update just made koala the best sampler in its class

• @reasOne said:
    This update just made koala the best sampler in its class

☝🏻

• Yes it has the right combination of features and playability/design. I think I'd like to see some generative tools next in the piano roll though :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes it has the right combination of features and playability/design. I think I'd like to see some generative tools next in the piano roll though :)

I have a feeling some kind of roll/repeat feature might find it's way into the app and maybe some kind of 'auto generate pattern' when slicing a sample and eventually the pretty obvious AUv3 support...

I still want my tape/vinyl scratch effect ;)
    (ie. move the tape/record under the playhead/needle).

• What a competitor beating update <3

For £7/$7 in total for the app & IAP, this is what I have needed for my iPhone noodling, beat/noise making. Would love to be using BM3 but because I’m working outside all the time, I need a pocket studio, so I can then transfer everything to iPad.
    Haven’t used IAA yet, but having export function is so handy to throw into AUM or Cubasis.

• It is indeed truly wonderful. It seems to take a lot of the laborious aspect out of arranging things and leaves more time for the pleasurable parts. It’s a serious injection of fun. It’s like a whole new instrument.
    I would like to see loop points in the piano roll (unless I just haven’t found them?) - working on a large loop - it goes up to 64 bars - is tricky without that.
    I would also like a pattern quantize so that one pattern will complete before the next one starts when playing them.

• Attack and decay on FX triggering would be sweet.

• That has to be one of the most well hidden IAPs I've ever seen. I hope enough people find it to make it worthwhile.

• Another way to trigger the IAP is to double tap on the patterns ;)

• AUV3 and scratch effect like @Samu said por favor!

• edited January 2021

@AudioGus said:
    Attack and decay on FX triggering would be sweet.

Some more options for FX tweaking would make Koala even better app.
    @Samu +1 for vinyl noise scratch effect.

@elf_audio I just got for the second time a very serious bug: the app after the update does not open when clicking the icon.
    Yesterday I have deleted it completely and redownload and it fixed the issue but all the projects were lost. Since then I have created some new stuff and the app does not work again. There is just black screen for a second and then device returns to home screen (iOS 13, iPad mini 5 Gen).

Update: Offloading the app in iPad storage options and then redownload it solved the issue! (no data lost :)

• @israelite said:

@AudioGus said:
    Attack and decay on FX triggering would be sweet.

Some more options for FX tweaking would make Koala even better app.
    @Samu +1 for vinyl noise scratch effect.

@elf_audio I just got for the second time a very serious bug: the app after the update does not open when clicking the icon.
    Yesterday I have deleted it completely and redownload and it fixed the issue but all the projects were lost. Since then I have created some new stuff and the app does not work again. There is just black screen for a second and then device returns to home screen (iOS 13, iPad mini 5 Gen).

Update: Offloading the app in iPad storage options and then redownload it solved the issue! (no data lost :)

FYI, deleting an app will delete its data. Losing your data was not Koala's fault (I mention it because it isn't clear whether you thought that the data should have been preserved). One needs to manually backup/off load data before deleting an app if you don't want to lose the data.

• Hey, it's a SERIOUS update ! Love the Samurai Koala ! Thanks so much @elf_audio ! It's a GAME CHANGER

It works fine but I have a problem on my iPhone XR with last iOS : When I'm in Strech mode, if I want to change the bars lengths, the app quits... Try to reboot and I have always this problem.

Someone else has the same issue ?

If you can look into it it would be amazing. But For NOW, THANKS YOU for this Koala Samurai gems... Love auto chop & all features you added. This IAP is the beautiful thing today !!!

• How much is the IAP?

• @Zaubrer said:
    How much is the IAP?

$2.99 (35SEK in Sweden)