Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Wow. That's a proper way of handling development of the app. Take my money!

• Updated but cannot find IAP on my iPhone version... it’s telling me version 1.4018. Anyone else?

• @Halftone said:
    Updated but cannot find IAP on my iPhone version... it’s telling me version 1.4018. Anyone else?

not managing to find any iap with v1.4018 on iPad either... i guess i must not be samurai material?

• Yeah sorry it’s a bit cryptic but you can get to the IAP if you press the SAMURAI button (in between TOOLS and CHOKE) or double tap a sequence

• @Halftone Try editing a sample and once you hit the edit button you’ll see a Samurai button on the right (2nd button in)

• @royor said:
    @Halftone Try editing a sample and once you hit the edit button you’ll see a Samurai button on the right (2nd button in)

yep.. just found it on second fiddle..

• @Halftone said:
    Updated but cannot find IAP on my iPhone version... it’s telling me version 1.4018. Anyone else?

I can’t find it either on my iPad.

• @robosardine @Halftone maybe try force quitting koala or even rebooting to force iOS to start using the update version, sometimes apps can be a bit sticky

• Is the timestretch using a custom timestretch algorithm or is it an implementation of Apple's?

• @espiegel123 there are 3 custom algorithms, no third parties or Apple code involved (they also work on android). I will improve them over time. BEATS stretch is sort of the same as the same named one in ableton

• It was there - next to Choke!

• @royor said:
    @Halftone Try editing a sample and once you hit the edit button you’ll see a Samurai button on the right (2nd button in)

Ah there it is - thanks. £2.99
    Is there an ‘undo’ feature for the autochop?
    The markers seem to be detecting quite a few of my transients a bit into the start of my sample- even after normalising- anyone else? Not a huge deal as you can easily move the markers.
    I must say - great job on the piano roll, it seems to be as smooth as silk. No prodding, poking or coaxing required - it all seems to do what you want first time + its very intuitive.

Must go to bed. Looking forward to playing with this tomorrow. Thanks everyone. Goodnight.

• Holy cow, this is an epic update! The IAP is a no brainer purchase. Next level stuff @elf_audio!

• @robosardine there is no undo for autochop but the feature is sort of temporary because I plan to make it work in a way so that you won’t need to undo anything.

• @elf_audio said:
    @espiegel123 there are 3 custom algorithms, no third parties or Apple code involved (they also work on android). I will improve them over time. BEATS stretch is sort of the same as the same named one in ableton

Tx for the info and the great app.

• @elf_audio said:

Woohoo! great update!

i take it this is BPM...?

• The chop brought this ho up to killler level ladies and gentlemen! Damn @elf_audio this thing is righteous!!

• Wow! Loving the piano roll and auto-chops. Haven’t tried time stretching yet. Thanks for this amazing update @elf_audio!

• Anyone dropped a video showing these features off yet

• This is exciting. Can't wait to try this out later. Now I can fix my terrible timing in the piano roll without re-recording the sequence... Might even start using koala for full tracks!

• Great update. @elf_audio thanks for all the hard work 👊🏼™️

• I hit UPDATE in the App Store and after OPEN appeared I ran Koala. Didn't find the SAMURAI button. Went back to App Store and UPDATE was active again. I used it and this time Koala displayed the SAMRAI button in edit between Tools and Choke. I happen to have $3.08 in credit so I used my credit.

Stretch looks interesting. Now I need to go watch some videos and figure out what to do with this app... I'm sampling TV dialogue.

• edited January 2021

@McD said:
    Stretch looks interesting. Now I need to go watch some videos and figure out what to do with this app... I'm sampling TV dialogue.

I would suggest sampling the following shows:
    Andy Griffith
    Gomer Pyle
    Heart to Heart
    Hogans Hero’s
    Lost In Space (original and Netflix remake)
    The Enforcer
    White Shadow
    Death To Smoochy
    The Dark Backward
    Lost Highway
    and some Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Oh and THX 1138 for some good drum sounds.

That should get you enough good source material for an entire album done with Koala Sampler. 🙃

• Congratulations, Marek. A fantastic app became even fantasticer. Fantastiker?

Oh, and it’s on Android, too. 🎉🎉🎉

• Congratulation Marek, updated and hit that Samurai button with lightning speed!

• You know what? This app is turning into something very special. It is also generating a real hub of creativity. I am seeing some of the shares on Discord and other social media. Very very cool.

Nice work @elf_audio !!

• Fantastic update, @elf_audio. I absolutely love this app

• @elf_audio just purchased and trying to understand all new features. Thanks for the update.

• Is there a manual for the new functions?

• The velocity is a low key lifesaver, it’s saving me like four sample pads just for the high hats alone