Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

14546474850

Comments

  • edited October 2020

    Anyone having this bug? Stutter fx do nothing, but seems that Gate fx is Stutter and Gate combined? Iphone 11 ios 13.7.

    Is this a known issue @elf_audio?

  • Same issue on my iPad Air 3 iPadOS 13.7

  • @Lil_Stu07 stutter is a tempo based effect, so if the play button isn't pressed in koala it won't do anything - hope that makes sense.
    With the gate effect, what it actually does is shortens moves the end point of the sample to make the sample shorter - if you're using this in conjunction with looping, it won't gate the sample, just shorten the loop. The gate isn't actually a noise gate, but a note shortener. In Koala FX it is a noise gate, because it doesn't have any note information to work with.
    Hope that all makes sense...

  • @elf_audio said:
    @Lil_Stu07 stutter is a tempo based effect, so if the play button isn't pressed in koala it won't do anything - hope that makes sense.
    With the gate effect, what it actually does is shortens moves the end point of the sample to make the sample shorter - if you're using this in conjunction with looping, it won't gate the sample, just shorten the loop. The gate isn't actually a noise gate, but a note shortener. In Koala FX it is a noise gate, because it doesn't have any note information to work with.
    Hope that all makes sense...

    Ahhhh ok. That does help. Thanks!

  • Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

  • @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

  • edited October 2020

    Anyone else finding the sequencer fugged up when you set it to more than 1 bar with Link enabled?

    It's randomly playing 1 bar loops (sometimes 2) of my 4 bar sequence...

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

    Ahh, so that’s why I’m so stoned

  • @Fingolfinzzz said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

    Ahh, so that’s why I’m so stoned

    Perhaps you shouldn’t mindlessly follow the instructions of random iOS apps? 🤣

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

    Ahh, so that’s why I’m so stoned

    Perhaps you shouldn’t mindlessly follow the instructions of random iOS apps? 🤣

    I can’t help it, they’re getting a lot better at it. I already ate two edibles and smoked about 3 bowls before I even updated the app 😬

  • @Fingolfinzzz said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

    Ahh, so that’s why I’m so stoned

    Perhaps you shouldn’t mindlessly follow the instructions of random iOS apps? 🤣

    I can’t help it, they’re getting a lot better at it. I already ate two edibles and smoked about 3 bowls before I even updated the app 😬

    Koala Brand edibles? @elf_audio is making bank!

  • I love this app, but could the thin line that shows where the sequence is playing be a bit thicker/more visible. I have a visual disability and it’s really hard to see!

  • @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Just saw the update for this. Anyone know what the Bake does under tools?

    I'm no touching that until I know it's safe.

  • i’m pretty sure bake resamples your sample with any changes you’ve made such as attack.... set the attack, hit bake, now the sample it’self has the attack baked in with the attack setting on the new sample is set to 0

  • @reasOne said:
    i’m pretty sure bake resamples your sample with any changes you’ve made such as attack.... set the attack, hit bake, now the sample it’self has the attack baked in with the attack setting on the new sample is set to 0

    this will be great for exporting sounds as well

  • @reasOne said:
    i’m pretty sure bake resamples your sample with any changes you’ve made such as attack.... set the attack, hit bake, now the sample it’self has the attack baked in with the attack setting on the new sample is set to 0

    it works with pan, pitch, attack, tone and probably other parameters

  • Yeah that’s what it looks like it’s doing, it’s a fantastic feature. It really saves a lot of time not having to resample for every little change

  • @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Yeah that’s what it looks like it’s doing, it’s a fantastic feature. It really saves a lot of time not having to resample for every little change

    Yes, indeedy.

  • im loving the bake! add effects with hold, edit pitch ,volume and attack etc... then BAKE while you bake haha so good

  • probably impossible but it would be crazy amazing to have multi out for koala, even if only the first 16 pads.. it would be more used for performance , but being able to play live in koala but with each pad/ sample having its own eq/effects thru aum while jamming 🤯🤯🤯
    and what if you could resample all that back into a pad in koala 🤯🤯🤯

  • I have a question.
    Is it possible to have two samples on one pad and a light touch triggers one and A hard hit triggers the other?
    Like a piano and a bell?

  • @ralis yes that would be cool, but Apple axed 3d touch quite a while ago, and accelerometer based touch velocity is a bit unreliable

    @reasOne multi out would be cool, but as soon as I implemented it, people would be asking for all 64 outs, which would just melt your phone.

  • @elf_audio you got it 😎

  • @elf_audio said:
    @ralis yes that would be cool, but Apple axed 3d touch quite a while ago, and accelerometer based touch velocity is a bit unreliable

    @reasOne multi out would be cool, but as soon as I implemented it, people would be asking for all 64 outs, which would just melt your phone.

    haha 64 would be way to much i agree! if people can’t make 16 work they got some serious issues 🤣

  • 16 outs where you can assign pads to which output like you can with Pure Acid could probably cover most use cases

  • Koala seems to be refusing to load in a midi slot in Audiobus. Any other Koala people experiencing this?

  • I’m having trouble loading it into AUM - where it is speeding up the samples for some reason. I have mailed the devs - maybe you could let them know about the midi problem as well. They have a mailing slot in the AppStore.

  • 👍🏻 will do

  • Anyone know what’s going on with Koala. Is it getting fixed? I got no reply to any of my emails.

Sign In or Register to comment.