Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Brilliant update. Next Mute pads and timestretch please :-)

• Has this fixed the check sample rate issue when loading a project, so it matches the current sample rate?

• oh awesome update!! it’s so easy to change the image now and love the side view 😏😎 thanks @elf_audio

• and hold + loop 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Is anyone sharing Koala sample packages?

• @Ailerom I haven't seen anyone sharing these publicly, just between eachother privately or from one device to another. Maybe it would be cool to build a platform for sharing - my only issue with that is that loads of people will upload music under copyright. Don't really know a way around that yet, so haven't started to work on anything like that. Thoughts welcome!

• @Sirt said:
    Has this fixed the check sample rate issue when loading a project, so it matches the current sample rate?

Unfortunately haven't got to that yet. It's definitely high up the list.

• edited September 2020

@elf_audio said:
    @Ailerom I haven't seen anyone sharing these publicly, just between eachother privately or from one device to another. Maybe it would be cool to build a platform for sharing - my only issue with that is that loads of people will upload music under copyright. Don't really know a way around that yet, so haven't started to work on anything like that. Thoughts welcome!

Thanks. I just sampled the contents of Nanny's Shed. dropping piles of timber, jumping in stacked wood, hitting cupboards, bottles, pipe hits, door slams, hand tools. Just sampled on my phone but thought it might be of use to someone.

• @elf_audio said:
    @Ailerom I haven't seen anyone sharing these publicly, just between eachother privately or from one device to another. Maybe it would be cool to build a platform for sharing - my only issue with that is that loads of people will upload music under copyright. Don't really know a way around that yet, so haven't started to work on anything like that. Thoughts welcome!

Maybe a PatchStorage.com page for Koala would be handy.
    Not sure how to avoid copyright issues completely, but perhaps a disclaimer statement asking contributors to use the honor system would be enough to avoid legal action?
    I’m working on a few drum kits in Koala myself...thinking of calling them either Koala kits, Pouch Packs, or Bear Essentials. All original samples of course.

• @3sleeves said:
    I’m working on a few drum kits in Koala myself...thinking of calling them either Koala kits, Pouch Packs, or Bear Essentials. All original samples of course.

haha amazing names!

• @3sleeves said:
    perhaps a disclaimer statement asking contributors to use the honor system would be enough to avoid legal action?

I doubt everyone can be trusted with that but not much more you could do I suppose. I like the idea. Koala Kits seems the logical choice.

• When saving it didnt used to close the app. Also when starting the app it doesnt carry on where you left off. It loads the previous starting state of the app. You then have to load the last song you were working on. And sometimes if you do that too quickly it loads the previous presaved version of the song, so i have to be careful not so save it until i have checked its the most upto date version of the song.
    Didnt used to be like this. I use it quite a lot so ive noticed it so maybe something has changed in the settings.

• Hi @Sirt I can't seem to replicate what you're describing - what device and iOS version are you using? - some people have told me they've had similar problems, but I've tried on iPhone7, iPhone 11, latest iPad (not pro) and iPad mini2 so far and can't break it.

• Im on an ipad 6th gen using 13.4 os.

• Love the idea of patchstorage for pouch packs! To be clear, I sample stuff around the house (and resample) to avoid copyright crapola. I think it'll be obvious to the community if unlawful activity is going down.

• Packs are a good idea but yeah, we’d need to police it. I’ll try and get a few together of some copyright free stuff but all mine right now aren’t legit

• @Sirt that is strange - I also have a 6th gen iPad, it seems rock solid. I'm working on an update with a number of fixes, should be out in the next 24 hours. Really sorry for your trouble

• Regarding copyright protection, I just had a read this: https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/24057/how-can-i-legally-protect-my-website-from-users-who-upload-copyrighted-material - doesn't sound too tough to do, although I think I don't have time right now, and would probably need to get some proper insurance as my accountant keeps telling me.

• edited September 2020

@elf_audio said:

Thanks. I just sampled the contents on Nanny's Shed. dropping piles of timber, jumping in stacked wood, hitting cupboards, bottles, pipe hits, door slams, hand tools. Just sampled on my phone but thought it might be of use to someone.

• Ok, maybe I can do some sort of ad hoc hosting of it for now - if you'd like to send it over with appropriate credits etc I can put it up on some sort of mini site, and once I've collected enough packs I'll announce it - if you could upload to wetransfer or something, then send the link via https://www.elf-audio.com/contact.php I'll make a little mini site
    I'll need your email, just so I can get in touch with you, won't make it public, and then any other info you want to put with the pack? How does that sound?

• @Ailerom said:

@elf_audio said:

Thanks. I just sampled the contents on Nanny's Shed. dropping piles of timber, jumping in stacked wood, hitting cupboards, bottles, pipe hits, door slams, hand tools. Just sampled on my phone but thought it might be of use to someone.

ohh that sounds good

• edited September 2020

@elf_audio said:
    Ok, maybe I can do some sort of ad hoc hosting of it for now - if you'd like to send it over with appropriate credits etc I can put it up on some sort of mini site, and once I've collected enough packs I'll announce it - if you could upload to wetransfer or something, then send the link via https://www.elf-audio.com/contact.php I'll make a little mini site
    I'll need your email, just so I can get in touch with you, won't make it public, and then any other info you want to put with the pack? How does that sound?

Sounds good to me. Not sure what sort of credits to provide. Anyone?

• I’m having some new bugs on android in sample mode where the sample will keep looping even when I let go of the pad.

• @elf_audio , I’m getting some new bugs with the update on Android. Sequences are not switching smoothly when you go from one to the other, like they did before. Also in sample mode I’m getting a sample that gets stuck like hold is on and it keeps looping over and over again till I go to sequence mode hit play then stop..

• Ps. Midi mapping works perfectly on android, I got my mpc500 controlling koala through midi. What a cool combo...thank you.

• @skulptur_sound said:
    Ps. Midi mapping works perfectly on android, I got my mpc500 controlling koala through midi. What a cool combo...thank you.

@skulptur_sound are you able to solo or mute the koala pads with your mpc500?

• @stormbeats said:

@skulptur_sound said:
    Ps. Midi mapping works perfectly on android, I got my mpc500 controlling koala through midi. What a cool combo...thank you.

@skulptur_sound are you able to solo or mute the koala pads with your mpc500?

I will check into that, like record a midi performance of the pads with the mpc sequencer and use the track mute?? My main plan was just resampling koala into the mpc..

• @elf_audio really loving all the recent updates. Really jazzed about the Loop+Hold feature in the Sample view. So cool to be able to record it all back into itself in a little live jam setting.

Curious about a couple enhancements:
    . Fade In/Out functionality on the samples
    . Time Stretching
    . Batch Import of slices
    . Any chance for an AU version just to future proof it since IAA is fading away

Keep up the great work 👊🏼™️ Koala is almost a perfect looper shhhh...😉

Here’s a little jam from this evening: