Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Ok cheers. :-(

@JudasZimmerman said:

@topaz said:
    Does koala have time stretch ?

No time stretch.

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio said:
    @Samflash3 open in koala should still work, I didn't change anything there - although apple have made it a bit more of a pain to use "open in..." - for instance, I think you can't do it from voice memos anymore. Feel free to give me a shout if I can help with your tool, sounds interesting!

@Samu will investigate auditor

Hey elf,
    Sure. I'll run my scripy prototype with you once it's stable. May take a while though.

Something has changed in Koala after the choke point update. I have 2 Apple devices (An iPhone and an iPad).

I disabled automatic update on my apps so I can track changes. Before the choke point update, I was able to Open in Koala. I did the update on my iPad and Koala no longer shows under the "Open in" option. My iPhone SE still works with this feature.

Here's an example of an iOS shortcut I made to test that feature. https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

Edit: If I recall correctly, @wim mentioned that iOS 13 broke a ton of sharesheet functions that needed to be rebuilt by the developer.

• No need to attack me personally. I'm not allowed my own personal opinion? The app is already so cheap at the current price. I'd rather see improvements in the base core app then AuV3 functionality.

@Ailerom said:

@paradiddle said:
    @elf_audio don’t care much for au. If u do it, make as an iap and let the people who want this pay for it. I prefer to use it as a performance sampler by itself.

And here I was, selfishly thinking only about what I want. auv3 functionality. Yes, yes, please go ahead an make it an IAP as that will suit this guy. Again, sorry for my selfishness.

• @Samflash3 said:
    Edit: If I recall correctly, @wim mentioned that iOS 13 broke a ton of sharesheet functions that needed to be rebuilt by the developer.

Nope, not me exactly. j_liljedahl mentioned that he found a workaround by explicitly declaring all file types supported individually rather than by just declaring general audio file support.

Separately, it appeared that this can be related to either a plugin conflict, or to a broken registry (not the right term, but basically iOS's internal equivalent to the Windows registry). Some have reported getting share-sheet back to normal by deleting masses of older plugins.

Neither of those sounds like this issue.

I can confirm, Koala isn't showing up as a share destination in the files app for me at this time.

• @wim said:

@Samflash3 said:

Nope, not me exactly. j_liljedahl mentioned that he found a workaround by explicitly declaring all file types supported individually rather than by just declaring general audio file support.

Separately, it appeared that this can be related to either a plugin conflict, or to a broken registry (not the right term, but basically iOS's internal equivalent to the Windows registry). Some have reported getting share-sheet back to normal by deleting masses of older plugins.

Neither of those sounds like this issue.

I can confirm, Koala isn't showing up as a share destination in the files app for me at this time.

Wow, thanks for the tip and clarification. I'll keep that in mind. I might have to check further into that general audio file support library for Swift to understand what's going on.

• edited May 2020

@paradiddle said:
    No need to attack me personally. I'm not allowed my own personal opinion? The app is already so cheap at the current price. I'd rather see improvements in the base core app then AuV3 functionality.

Sorry, I didn't realize how easily my comment would hurt you. I am very sorry. Where I come from sarcasm doesn't even get noticed, much less pass for a hurtful comment. My bad.

While I'm at it though, I'd rather see auv3 functionality than improvements in the base core app.

• haha ok, fair enough.

@Ailerom said:

@paradiddle said:
    No need to attack me personally. I'm not allowed my own personal opinion? The app is already so cheap at the current price. I'd rather see improvements in the base core app then AuV3 functionality.

Sorry, I didn't realize how easily my comment would hurt you. I am very sorry. Where I come from sarcasm doesn't even get noticed, much less pass for a hurtful comment. My bad.

While I'm at it though, I'd rather see auv3 functionality than improvements in the base core app.

• @elf_audio can you make Performance Fx retain / keep their settings when toggling the Hold tab . Basically Hold Off create Effect for Resampling then Hold back On with previous settings before resampling. Would be really usefull. Cool hope alls well :)

• @elf_audio hi can you do a quick fix to list projects in load screen alphabetical?

• @elf_audio one thing that would be helpful would be the ability to create labels for the samples loaded as well as those samples being named the label when exporting. It would help keep track of all the files when transferring stems to a DAW

• Can the sample rate of the project be saved and adjusted when loaded? I have mixture of 44.1K and 48K projects saved and when you load one that has the rate different from the last one loaded, then the samples play out of time in the sequencer.
    I have to load it as an effect in aum and change the sample rate in aum to change the rate in koala. Or sometimes i have to clear ram if unable to change the rate in aum.

• A quick request for help as I can’t seem to figure this out...

• I have recorded a sequence and have copied it over to a second slot.
    • I have a bass, kick, snare, hat, and melodic sample.
    • How do I remove a part from the sequence. For example, I want to remove the kick and snare in the copied version.

Is there a way to delete specific sample lanes from a sequence?

Thanks

• @DYMS said:
    A quick request for help as I can’t seem to figure this out...

• I have recorded a sequence and have copied it over to a second slot.
    • I have a bass, kick, snare, hat, and melodic sample.
    • How do I remove a part from the sequence. For example, I want to remove the kick and snare in the copied version.

Is there a way to delete specific sample lanes from a sequence?

Thanks

Hold the clear key and select the pad you want to remove when having chosen a sequence in sequence mode. Be aware that just pressing clear will clear the entire thing, you may want to ensure that the «are you sure» option for this is on in the settings.

• Hold the clear key and select the pad you want to remove when having chosen a sequence in sequence mode. Be aware that just pressing clear will clear the entire thing, you may want to ensure that the «are you sure» option for this is on in the settings.

Thank you! The clear pattern was indeed throwing me off. Appreciate your help.

• edited June 2020

Does anyone know if you can use Koala in Cubasis 3 as IAA? It’s possible to load it in but I just can’t get it to work. I switch over to Koala and the samples don’t play, and then I switch back to Cubasis and they all play at once. It seems unable to record anything from the app. I’ve loaded in samples as audio files but I’d like to be able to record them directly from Koala if possible.

• @white @elf_audio thats good news Only just yesterday I was thinking about Koala Fx in Cubasis3 would be excellent

• @elf_audio The latest update to koala for Mac doesn't work on macOS Catalina (10.15.5) it just crashes.
    The update is supposed work better on older Macs and speed up load times...

• Doh! It seems to work here on 10.15.5 - Does it bring up a dialog saying something about "koala quit unexpectedly"? If so, could you press the report button and copy and paste me the log to a DM?

• @elf_audio said:
    Doh! It seems to work here on 10.15.5 - Does it bring up a dialog saying something about "koala quit unexpectedly"? If so, could you press the report button and copy and paste me the log to a DM?

Sent you a DM with the crash log...
    Hope it's just a minor glitch.
    Cheers!

• @Samu thanks! Will have a look now!

• @elf_audio nice one. Looking forward to these Fx (Stormbeats)

• @elf_audio don’t worry. I will not share the secret till users go to Discord & support the Koala cause. Nice one

• @elf_audio can we get a fix for Projects Load screen to be aphabetical. Its bit messy as of now

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio don’t worry. I will not share the secret till users go to Discord & support the Koala cause. Nice one

throw a channel invitation to discord

• I think this should work: https://discord.gg/yTWXCa6

• Thx, already there))

• @elf_audio please please please don’t change the Hold in Performance effects. It is So needed as it is. To have it only work when pressed will make Koala a live thing only. No effects will be rendered when doing beats unless they are pre sampled

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio please please please don’t change the Hold in Performance effects. It is So needed as it is. To have it only work when pressed will make Koala a live thing only. No effects will be rendered when doing beats unless they are pre sampled

Edit : its cool we messaged on Discord