Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Is there a good way to eq out hiss / noise on samples in koala? I can get rid of some with the tone setting but most things I record on the iPhone have both top and bottom end that needs filtering out...

• There's no band pass eq, but you could use the tone control to take out the hiss in the top end, then resample that, and use the tone control again on the resulting sample to take out the rumble or whatever is troubling you in the low end. It's not a one click wonder, but it's quite quick.

• Also, hope this isn't against forum rules, but there's an elf-audio/koala discord server now over here: https://discord.gg/bVuDjab

• @elf_audio said:
    There's no band pass eq, but you could use the tone control to take out the hiss in the top end, then resample that, and use the tone control again on the resulting sample to take out the rumble or whatever is troubling you in the low end. It's not a one click wonder, but it's quite quick.

That’s what I was thinking of doing but thought it not be ‘right’. Nice one, I’ll use it :)

• edited May 2020

@Krupa said:

@elf_audio said:
    There's no band pass eq, but you could use the tone control to take out the hiss in the top end, then resample that, and use the tone control again on the resulting sample to take out the rumble or whatever is troubling you in the low end. It's not a one click wonder, but it's quite quick.

That’s what I was thinking of doing but thought it not be ‘right’. Nice one, I’ll use it :)

@Krupa resample resample resample using the Performance FX Filter.Thats the gem with Koala its based on user instinct.

• edited May 2020

AUv3 would open a lot of doors for Koala!

AUv3 support would require a first-class landscape UI? Only a few AUV3 hosts do portrait mode.

• @stormbeats cheers 👍

• @Krupa said:
    @stormbeats cheers 👍

@Krupa cool. When u get into the resampling etc the time flies because Koala is so innovative. :)

• @elf_audio any updates with UI skins?

• @stormbeats I'm prototyping some stuff at the mo

• @mojozart koala already has landscape mode, you can even open it in ridiculous aspect ratios in slideover etc

• @elf_audio said:
    @stormbeats I'm prototyping some stuff at the mo

@elf_audio ok nice one . Cool

• @elf_audio Understood. Thanks for making that concession. Given that landscape is all that's available in many AU hosts, incl. GarageBand on iPad, I'm hoping Koala's landscape mode will receive another iteration.

• There are no pad mutes yet, right? It would be so cool to be able to mute stuff when playing the sequencer.

• @db909 said:
    @elf_audio an erase function for the keyboard sequencing mode would be exceptional. Since the keys light up already to indicate what’s playing, you could engage an erase mode and tap and hold the keys/notes you want to remove from the sequence

@db909 @elf_audio yes to this

• @elf_audio any chance of a Master Volume control

• Gosh, no rest for the weary, eh?

@elf_audio has put an amazing amount of work and features into an app with a TINY price tag. Y'all are asking for features that I would expect in an app that is priced at 5x to 10x of Koala.

• @elf_audio said:

oh yessss

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Gosh, no rest for the weary, eh?

@elf_audio has put an amazing amount of work and features into an app with a TINY price tag. Y'all are asking for features that I would expect in an app that is priced at 5x to 10x of Koala.

This is true. I really wish there was some way for devs to get paid for new features and updates.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker there is always one. I have shown full respect to @elf_audio from the start and not and never have made demands. Note to yourself that a lot of the features now were polite suggestions over time. No one is expecting so chill and that word “ Gosh”.

• Seriously, @elf_audio is doing a ton of work for an app with such a low price tag. I’d be happy for an IAP just to donate more money for how much use I get from this app

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Seriously, @elf_audio is doing a ton of work for an app with such a low price tag. I’d be happy for an IAP just to donate more money for how much use I get from this app

@Fingolfinzzz agree 100% i actually said this to the dev many times. Take my money to a well deserved dev.

• @stormbeats said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@lukesleepwalker there is always one. I have shown full respect to @elf_audio from the start and not and never have made demands. Note to yourself that a lot of the features now were polite suggestions over time. No one is expecting so chill and that word “ Gosh”.

• am I the only one missing velocity sensitiv midi input? how do you guys make hihat patterns? make several copys and adjust the levels?

• @Samplix said:
    am I the only one missing velocity sensitiv midi input? how do you guys make hihat patterns? make several copys and adjust the levels?

Yeah, that’s how I’ve been doing it

• @elf_audio @everyone
    This thing is such a joy to use. Been using it since the beginning. It’s just so good. The workflow is just so smooth and so fast and so fun. I can’t get over it.

• @bwrobinett Have you tried the pad merging stuff yet? I'm really getting into it myself, you can do things like copy a sample a few times, then pan and slightly detune them, and change their start points, then merge them all together. Or make chords.

• edited May 2020

@elf_audio said:
    @bwrobinett Have you tried the pad merging stuff yet? I'm really getting into it myself, you can do things like copy a sample a few times, then pan and slightly detune them, and change their start points, then merge them all together. Or make chords.

@elf_audio Oh. My. God.

I’d only just dragged two samples on top of each other without messing with any of their params beforehand. Just dove in a bit more for like two minutes, messing with pitch and tone and envelopes and panning. I didn’t realize you were mixing the samples post param changes.

This is a total game changer for designing sounds. Fastest way to resample ever.

Just Wow.

=========

Oh and right, combine this with resampling a pad through the FX. This is crazy. Wow.

Then export the resampled pads out. So good.

• @elf_audio hi . When I tap the IMPORT tab nothing happens.

• @elf_audio said:

cool idea to be able to use custom photos as a background!