Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Anyone found a way to copy a sequence pattern from one bank to another? The drag and drop works wonderfully for copying within a bank but not so well between banks, unless I'm missing something.

• @robosardine @elf_audio hi what i mean is yes the samples trigger but only play full duration if I HOLD and press the pads. One shot is hitting the pad and getting full time duration of the sample

• Love it on the iphone. Great workflow. Sequencing and f-ing up samples is a breeze. Love the effects interface. @elf_audio do you have plans to make this an AB3 *output*? That would be greatly appreciated.

• Great app!

me and my kids are having great fun with. I hope to see this app evolve.

• If I used iPhone I'd be all over it but learning from the experience I had with triq traq I'm going to hold my fire. For now.

Landscape mode would be great Mr dev. Congrats on the launch.

• Hi- one shot is what is on the app at the moment- what you are describing and looking for is a ‘retrigger’ option which is not available by the looks of things at the moment.

• stormbeats is correct: at the moment the sample stops playing when you release the pad. It‘s like „note on“ on an MPC. That‘s not „one shot“ mode.

• @robosardine its called “one shot” Here in bm3 you can see in the editing parameters. And us oldschool MPC heads call it that too. Cool

• This example totally reminds me of the stuff I used to make (it was actually one of the very first audio apps I ever tried on an iPad) with Yellofier... I tried using it again the other day and could not remember what ANY of those weird-ass FX symbols mean! :)

• At work away from iPad, so I'll ask... I see in the video it has a keyboard mode...

1) Does the repitching change timing (ie it's pitching via time stretch)

2) In order for the chromatic thang to work, do you need to sample it in at a set root note (i.e. C4) or does it pitch detect and snap it to a chromatic note value?

And another question, Dev says it can record really long samples... Sooo... If I start a beat using one shots (kick hat snare for example), can I then record and jam a 4 bar line over it into another slot (ie at this point it would be acting like a looper). If I can do that... That's instabuy territory as other options like TricTrac, WerkBench etc. all seem more single hit focused.

• Good call! It actually reminds me of Yellofier in several ways and the results are quite predictable as a result. This app is way more intuitive and "fast" than Yellofier, but gotta give a nod to the forefathers, yo. I was working on a more ambient-ish piece in Koala earlier and it was going just as fast and easy as the more rhythmic sound-collage stuff.

• edited March 2019

hey monkeydrummer

if let’s say u record 1 one bar phrase, u can duplcate it by dropping in another slot. If u copy any loop to another loop, it will ask u to either mix it or add to the end. So effectively add to the end will turn your 1 bar loop to 2 bar loop. Would be faster if there was an option to instantly turn a 1 bar loop to another lenght but it’s doable.

• edited March 2019

About 2 other questions, keyboard mode works like a regular sampler, no timestretch or pitchshift.

for the keyboard, at the bottom is just predefined scales. Chromatic just means it’s all the 12 notes in the octave. If your tuned great but it doesn’t matter. I guess the whole point of the app is on the fly sampling and performance oriented. Really digging this.

• +1 on the ability to quickly double a loop! The workaround isn't terrible but it does require that extra drag/drop.

• It is one shot mode according to Launchpad- which has loop, one shot and retrigger. The one shot stops mid sample when you take your finger off of it.

• @elf_audio I am still really enjoying the app, but...

I was just (breifly) playing with this on the train, and I realized about 5 minutes in that everyone on the train was looking at me with some displeassure. Seems I didn’t realize that the sound was coming from my iPhone speakers and not my bluetooth headphones.

With apple’s recent move away from headphone jacks, any chance of this supporting bluetooth headphones?

Thanks again.

• Mr “Clean Your Room” ... Jordan B Peterson ... I digress ... As usual ... Let’s not go there ... Thread Derailment incoming ... Apparently common sense is controversial these days.

• Great app. I couldn’t care less about aum and all that stuff people are requesting. It’s what it is, which is a quick to use P.O. type of device. Hopefully this thread doesn’t get overrun with millions of trivial requests like with the Grooverider thread.

• edited March 2019

how does this differ from Werkbench?

besides the obvious cleaner interface/modern gui it looks to do the same thing.

• Ok, I bit. 3 bucks is hard to pass , fun fun fun so far!

• Played a hair more and yup this is gold here. I’m actually impressed how beefed up you can get percussion sounds with just a few resamples! This app has soooo much potential it’s mind boggling.

• One thing I wish this had, since it apparently has some kind of midi in, is a way to assign a note or cc to the record function... Or a latch for the record, or something.. having to keep a finger on the “pad” makes it impossible to record any kind of real instrument (unless it’s something you play with one hand, or unless you’re pressing record with some other appendage). 🤪

• Like, I wish this app could make me a grilled cheese sandwich.

How ‘bout it, dev?

• @DYMS said:
    I am still really enjoying the app, but...
    I was just (breifly) playing with this on the train, and I realized about 5 minutes in that everyone on the train was looking at me with some displeassure. Seems I didn’t realize that the sound was coming from my iPhone speakers and not my bluetooth headphones.
    With apple’s recent move away from headphone jacks, any chance of this supporting bluetooth headphones?
    Thanks again.

Bluetooth audio always has a delay, so you’d hear a sound a few moments after tapping the screen.

• @CracklePot one grilled cheese sandwich coming right up!

Seriously, I'm very grateful for all the feedback and support!!, a lot of this stuff is pure gold! So much info! Obviously I have to work out which of this stuff lines up with the app's design philosophy, the last thing I want is to make it more bloated and cluttered with buttons than it already is!

Coming up in next version early next week - AudioShare sample import + copy/paste import as a priority, maybe some of the other suggestions here, will see what time allows!