Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• Could koala be the game changer we need as an au sampler? I think it could be.

• Hi!
    Is it possible to make a sample loop so that the tone could sustain? If not is that something that will come in future updates?

• @fattigman said:
    Hi!
    Is it possible to make a sample loop so that the tone could sustain? If not is that something that will come in future updates?

Perhaps a Latch option per pad and also per fx so you can just turn the latch on and it will either keeping looping the sample or keep only that fx on . Hold is all or nothing for fx so doesn’t quite work the same

• a> @thepinkelefant said:

@fattigman said:
    Hi!

Perhaps a Latch option per pad and also per fx so you can just turn the latch on and it will either keeping looping the sample or keep only that fx on . Hold is all or nothing for fx so doesn’t quite work the same

That would be perfect actually.

• If this ever gets choke groups it’ll be near perfect

• How to sample from YT on an iOS device, into Koala:

1) find your sample.
    2) enable iOS screen vid capture.
    3) stop capture when done.
    4) open iMovie and import clip.
    5) go to iMovie and export clip to Koala.
    6) Koala should be open already.
    7) Audio from clip will propagate into next empty Koala cell.

That’s it!

RIP Terry Jones.

• I just attach my iPhone to an iPad via CCK & Berringer USB interface.

No workaround needed.

• edited February 2020

App just crashed when exporting all loops to Audioshare. There was a spinner instead of seeing the icons in the share window.

App crashed. When I restarted it opened showing my previous song and not the last track I was working on for 30mins. Lost all my work.

Anybody else have this happen?

Is a constant-save approach required when using Koala?

I was using current version, iPad iOS 12.4.1

Seriously cool app though.

• im sure it’s been asked and answered, but will koala ever be auv3??

• @reasOne said:
    im sure it’s been asked and answered, but will koala ever be auv3??

Yes, here’s where the developer addresses the issue: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/739243/#Comment_739243

• @InfoCheck said:

@reasOne said:
    im sure it’s been asked and answered, but will koala ever be auv3??

Yes, here’s where the developer addresses the issue: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/739243/#Comment_739243

thank ya!

and reasons for auv3, for me to have the actual app window open inside of my aum session for triggering samples is a huge one! along with everything else mentioned above.

• @reasOne If you’re on iPad, have you tried slide over

I will get to auv3 one day

• @elf_audio i actually haven’t tried slide over in that way, only to load samples into koala stand alone... def could work! not resizable or moveable really but def a great option and way to do it for the time being.. thank ya man!

• @elf_audio hope alls well not seen you on here in a while. Hoping Koala is still a works in progress. Everytime i go back to koala i realise how good it is.
    Any news on pad mutes/solos , choke groups and i dream of IAA multi outs and multi stem export. Multi stem export being number 1.
    Cool

• edited February 2020

@stormbeats is it not the case that if you export an Ableton Live ser it will bounce the sequences to audio files? That was my assumption.

Edit: just tested and exporting to Ableton Live set will bounce your sequences to wav files so you could use the audio even without Ableton.

• @stormbeats koala def not dead in the water. I’ve just had a few serious personal issues and also impending android release holding me back. Android version means more funding which means more features and stability.

Stem export is quite easy to do and I think it would be awesome especially in an Ableton context. I would also really like to rework the file import process. Not happy with audioshare basically but it’s the best option at the mo, maybe I will do something similar but koala specific. Got some crazy ideas for that already.

Really sorry koala hasn’t had an update for so long but rest assured there’s a lot further to go with it!!

• @elf_audio take care of yourself we’d like to keep you around.

• Ah thanks @audiblevideo that means a lot! We just had a loss in the family, but alls good now. Full steam with elf audio and koala sampler!!!

• @papertiger said:
    @stormbeats is it not the case that if you export an Ableton Live ser it will bounce the sequences to audio files? That was my assumption.

Edit: just tested and exporting to Ableton Live set will bounce your sequences to wav files so you could use the audio even without Ableton.

@papertiger thanks for info - i will try this . I hope the stems include the fx . Cheers

• @elf_audio very sorry to hear of family loss. Hope alls ok and your on the mend. No rush take time & heal. Thanks for replying.

• @papertiger the Ableton exports are just wav Sequences & not seperate pad export

• @stormbeats Yes. I think that’s the only option we have right now.

Wouldn’t multi-out IAA be awesome? ;-)

I’ve just rediscovered this app and I love it. Thank you, @elf_audio . I am sorry for your loss and wish you and your family nothing but the best.

• @elf_audio said:
    @stormbeats koala def not dead in the water. I’ve just had a few serious personal issues and also impending android release holding me back. Android version means more funding which means more features and stability.

Stem export is quite easy to do and I think it would be awesome especially in an Ableton context. I would also really like to rework the file import process. Not happy with audioshare basically but it’s the best option at the mo, maybe I will do something similar but koala specific. Got some crazy ideas for that already.

Really sorry koala hasn’t had an update for so long but rest assured there’s a lot further to go with it!!

Looking forward to the Android version - thank you

• edited February 2020

@elf_audio would be good if when toggling on/off the Hold tab in Performance mode that fx settings are not lost (retained) & not going back to default. I was super happy to hear you mention multi stem export is not hard to add to koala. Could this possibly be in the next update?
    Also if can make the volume dial for samples a bit snappier maybe like the option in Pitch Dial via settings. As it stands the volume numbers are a bit fiddly Same with Pan dial . Lastly a record count in would be great
    Thanks again for all you have put into Koala. A few tweaks here & there and not much else can match it for beat making.

• edited February 2020

@elf_audio whats your thoughts on adding a mixer screen with simple volume sliders? Possible? And if can add auto jump to next sequence

• Hey famz!! just bought the koala sampler. It’s a crazy app coz I can’t moved the note Lol.
    But. But. But....! it’s So fun!
    it will change the game!

But! But! But!!! For @elf_audio I hope you can put the time-stretch And more. More. More!!! mooorrree... please 🙏🏼
    Whatever the price, if you have planned to the next. It will Be more amazing app by you can hear what they want! 🦾
    I was frustrated with the music apps, coz I just have the iPhone 6s plus to making a little stuff. lol

So btw a month ago i just bought the ubasis 3 and isn’t a deal with the price coz too buggy /bugs. I’m sure I really don’t like! It’s just the same with the GarageBand. They just have a little options like the time-stretch, auv3 plugin automation and what obviously too buggy and I can’t worked with it. 😏

📝 @elf_audio for pitch knob please make more softly it’s little hard to change arround 1-30 on -/+.

And sorry for my bad English. I still learning ✌🏼

• @stormbeats said:

@papertiger said:

@papertiger thanks for info - i will try this . I hope the stems include the fx . Cheers

Yaaa yaaaa!!! I agree ☝🏼 🤘🏼🔥

• :)) users...
    You make a simple app focused on a simple quick workflow and they love it so much that they want timestretching, mixers, clip launching, VSTs :)))

Just kidding. I love the simplicity of it.

• @alecsbuga said:
    :)) users...
    You make a simple app focused on a simple quick workflow and they love it so much that they want timestretching, mixers, clip launching, VSTs :)))

Just kidding. I love the simplicity of it.

No no no.. you was wrong about “simple”. Simple is what we needed and matters, really matter! Just to be one ☝🏼 and no variation. 😜