Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• edited July 2019

@kobamoto said:
    does Koala have a normalizer?

no

It's a really basic sampler.. No normalize, no stereo to mono, no sequence editting, no choke groups, no (offline) timestretching, no envelopes, no song mode, no send fx etc.

• @SlowwFloww said:

@kobamoto said:

no

It's a really basic sampler.. No normalize, no stereo to mono, no sequence editting, no choke groups, no (offline) timestretching, no envelopes, no song mode, no send fx etc.

if that wasn't clairvoyance then I don't know wtf is :D

• @kobamoto said:

@SlowwFloww said:

@kobamoto said:

no

Yes, but:

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:

@SlowwFloww said:

@kobamoto said:

no

Yes, but:

If that isn't institutional humor memory I don't know wtf is :)

• @kobamoto I don’t know how you work but Koala is my absolute favorite new app to make beats on my phone. I’ve been trying to convert everyone (with very little success :D ) but I really think this app is special because it has the perfect ratio of limitations to flexibility. For me, the limitations stretch my imagination and the results are fantastic.

• @DCJ said:
    @kobamoto I don’t know how you work but Koala is my absolute favorite new app to make beats on my phone. I’ve been trying to convert everyone (with very little success :D ) but I really think this app is special because it has the perfect ratio of limitations to flexibility. For me, the limitations stretch my imagination and the results are fantastic.

This is so spot on!

• I knew this dev was worth supporting so I already bought it when it dropped but I'm just now thinking it's to the point where I can use it without getting frustrated

• @kobamoto said:
    I knew this dev was worth supporting so I already bought it when it dropped but I'm just now thinking it's to the point where I can use it without getting frustrated

Yeah, it really just depends on your expectations. If you are willing to put work with the limitations to fuel creativity, this one will pay off in spades because the flow is so fast and easy.

• todays the day I dive in

• A few more tweaks would make this app perfect in my book, but it's already pretty damn close. The latest update convinced me to finally sell my 404 (it wasn't easy). My wet dream feature request because no one gives a shit:

• Gimme dat long press for zooming in on sample editing
    • Sequence editing needs an overhaul. I don't need full-blown DAW editing (in fact, this app should stay true to it's roots and not try to be BM3) but a long press on a sequence should give me a basic roll editor so I don't have to re-record the entire sequence when I fuck something up.
    • Fix the loop resample bug. Anything over 2 bars and things get unstable
    • Trig repeater toggle for the bug zapper hi hat rolls (essential for country trap)
    • Hold recall for effects - I press hold and set some effects, then I press hold again they're gone. If I press hold again, it should remember my last hold state, similar to the 404.

Overall though, 10/10 would buy again

• Oh and choke groups... how could I forget choke groups

• anybody else having issues with sampling into koala inside of AUM.? I can sample into it. but if i tap a sequence it won’t let me sample anymore audio into another pad. it’s almost like it cuts off the audio input

• @pink_sky pretty good list right there

• @elf_audio said:
    @bcrichards Hopefully, still can't work out how to do it conceptually but I agree that it would be super useful and still within the scope of koala. Any suggestions of where to put it would be super welcome!

I think one possible implementation would be a second Edit sample page. First tap takes you to the trim, one shot, and reverse options. Second tap could be an additional page with choke (i don't know if a knob or number slider would work) and possibly a filter or envelope or some other feature as yet to be determined.

Still super quick and doesn't add any clutter to the interface.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @pink_sky pretty good list right there

That makes two of us @elf_audio r u paying attention :)

• edited July 2019

@pink_sky said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Oh, I didn't say I wanted those features in the app. Just sayin it is a good list.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@pink_sky said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Oh, I didn't say I wanted those features in the app. Just sayin it is a good list.

@elf_audio nevermind

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:

@SlowwFloww said:

@kobamoto said:

no

Yes, but:

If that isn't institutional humor memory I don't know wtf is :)

As a possible founder member and horribly longtime lurker, this really made me laugh.

• Just adding a +1 for landscape mode, of any kind - even if it's just black bars on either side of the interface, or a second paid iPad version. I use Koala with a lot of other apps and when I switch back and forth the portrait format screws up the orientation of any other open app and doesn't switch back easily.
    Aside from that I'm constantly thrilled by Koala's simplicity and elegance, such a great app!

• edited July 2019

@sketcherazzi said:
    Just adding a +1 for landscape mode, of any kind - even if it's just black bars on either side of the interface, or a second paid iPad version. I use Koala with a lot of other apps and when I switch back and forth the portrait format screws up the orientation of any other open app and doesn't switch back easily.
    Aside from that I'm constantly thrilled by Koala's simplicity and elegance, such a great app!

+1 to your +1

• edited August 2019

@pink_sky said:
    A few more tweaks would make this app perfect in my book, but it's already pretty damn close. The latest update convinced me to finally sell my 404 (it wasn't easy). My wet dream feature request because no one gives a shit:

• Gimme dat long press for zooming in on sample editing
    • Sequence editing needs an overhaul. I don't need full-blown DAW editing (in fact, this app should stay true to it's roots and not try to be BM3) but a long press on a sequence should give me a basic roll editor so I don't have to re-record the entire sequence when I fuck something up.
    • Fix the loop resample bug. Anything over 2 bars and things get unstable
    • Trig repeater toggle for the bug zapper hi hat rolls (essential for country trap)
    • Hold recall for effects - I press hold and set some effects, then I press hold again they're gone. If I press hold again, it should remember my last hold state, similar to the 404.

Overall though, 10/10 would buy

+1 for the request of @pink_sky ! Love this app too, and thanks for the new fx !!

Some other dreams feature request for me :

• choke groups
    • Multiple files import or folder import (if you already have 16 chops files, it would be dope to select all and have 16 files ready on the pads)
    • Adding auv3 instruments / fx ? (i'm thinking to add MSXII fx like Lofly dirt...)
    • Slicing tools : automatic slices like transient detection, split , grid , or manual ? And save it to pad...

It’s just my 2 cents but it would be fantastic to add some of those request to be the perfect iOS sampler !!

Congrats @elf_audio for the wonderful app and hope to have new version with some new features soon 😀

• The dev has hinted at a android version on Twitter. Would love this on my Pro 20.

• @elf_audio have you tried the new iOS betas yet? Just an FYI the share sheet from Audioshare to Koala sometimes takes a few tries for a sample to show up in pads.

Future request: It’d be very cool to be able to drag and drop straight from the Files app (in slide over mode) to a pad. Thanks again for the app, it’s a UI beauty.

• @bounce said:

Future request: It’d be very cool to be able to drag and drop straight from the Files app (in slide over mode) to a pad. Thanks again for the app, it’s a UI beauty.

+1

• @mistercharlie said:

@bounce said:

+1

+1 too :)

• I’m having problems exporting loops - anything a bit long gets glitches and dropouts in the exported wav. Is this a known issue, and are there workarounds?

Recording a performance works no problem.

I’m actually trying to exports stems using this (saving the song, making one long loop of it, copying the loop once for each stem, using «clear pad» to solo each stem, and viola. Except for the glitches.)

• I just tried Export-Export all samples-Import with AudioShare-"Yes" to "unzip this file?" and the only glitches I heard were the ones I had put in myself!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I just tried Export-Export all samples-Import with AudioShare-"Yes" to "unzip this file?" and the only glitches I heard were the ones I had put in myself!

Thanks for checking. I get at least one glitch/dropout per loop, like with a buffer overrun or something.

Maybe I’m special!

• @JudasZimmerman said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I just tried Export-Export all samples-Import with AudioShare-"Yes" to "unzip this file?" and the only glitches I heard were the ones I had put in myself!

Thanks for checking. I get at least one glitch/dropout per loop, like with a buffer overrun or something.

Maybe I’m special!

Wait a minute: “Export all samples” works for me too - it’s “Export all loops” that glitches (If the loops are like several bars long).

• @JudasZimmerman
    Does that mean your problems are gone now?
    I didn't try the export loops option