Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

@d4d0ug said:
    Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but you can kind of do an auto slice using ATOM stepping up from c2 send notes each beat to Koala, then play a sample into Koala. Each note triggers Koala to sample then on the next loop round it plays the slices back. You can record the sequence too. Hope that makes sense, if I get a chance I’ll do a vid. It makes koala a bit like werkbench!

This seems a good idea. If possa video. Cheers for the tip

• @d4d0ug said:
    Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but you can kind of do an auto slice using ATOM stepping up from c2 send notes each beat to Koala, then play a sample into Koala. Each note triggers Koala to sample then on the next loop round it plays the slices back. You can record the sequence too. Hope that makes sense, if I get a chance I’ll do a vid. It makes koala a bit like werkbench!

Tried the same thing using Stepbud

• @elf_audio Can you do a fix for Performance Gate. You get more donuts :-)

• This app may become part of my live rig soon .....

• edited April 2019

@elf_audio no rush but those Solo pads would take this to another level. Creating stems within the app. Powerful stuff

• @elf_audio cheers again for the update Sample IAA Midi. Been getting some issues though as some apps are 44.1khz. Koala 48khz. Also when using external soundcard all works fine for sampling into Koala but when playing back the samples from ipad after detatching my external soundcard the pitch of samples are playing back higher pitched. Iam sure I set my soundcard to 48khz when sampling into Koala. Will it be possible to have 44.1khz option in Koala settings. In the meantime will experiment a bit more with this and revert to you.

• @elf_audio any thoughts on choke group/monophonic triggering for sample groups? With one shot enabled you may want one sample to cut off another that is playing to the end. Hope you’ll consider!

• @bcrichards said:
    @elf_audio any thoughts on choke group/monophonic triggering for sample groups? With one shot enabled you may want one sample to cut off another that is playing to the end. Hope you’ll consider!

Agreed very much needed.

• edited April 2019

@elf_audio an on/off button in Perform Hold mode would help a lot so the user can retain Hold settings or Hold reverts back to last settings used after being switched off then switched back on again.
    If you can get the Crush to keep in Stereo. Its a mono only effect as of now and fingers crossed for the Stereoizer Hass effect/Sample delay LEFT/RIGHT mono to stereo sound.
    Will happily pay for this as an In App Purchase

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio
    Will happily pay for this as a In App Purchase

I second this sentiment for new features. Cheers!

• @elf_audio If applicable please consider adding support for selecting which mic on the iOS device to use...

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1799/_index.html

Being able to select which mic to use for recording while using a head-set is very handy!

For example the 'bottom' mic on the iPhone 8 is a bit better than the mic on the lightning headset while the headset is nice for monitoring while recording.

Also using the 'back' mic to capture ambient sounds is better since it avoids capturing 'breathing' :D
    And well the 'front' mic is best for spoken words while still being able to see the screen...

Cheers!

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Love this app @elf_audio :) Has made my phone a fun thing to mess with. Great already but really hoping we’ll see...

Pad Attack/Release envelopes.

Pad Loop Latch.

Global pitch ‘keyboard’ with timestrech. Should be possible as in the performance fx the Pitch effect slider already does this. Just need a little button at bottom of that page for ‘Pitch grid’ so you can ‘play’ it.

Solo/mute.

Record performance fx automation to pattern.

When/If those things show up this app’ll be off the hook.

@EyeOhEss @elf_audio yes to all the above and an Undo/Redo & Record Count In.

• @elf_audio any news on sorting the Crush from being mono only and a fix for the Performance Gate currently not working?

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • @elf_audio has the Koala Bear disappeared? I hope not. :-)

• Hey @stormbeats! still here - just been roped into some non-koala work for quite a while now - have been sneaking in a few koala hours here and there, mostly planning and doing little bug fixes. Last night I was working on a feature to allow importing audio directly from videos, think it would be super useful.

Also done 7 new FX, but they have little pops and clicks that need to be ironed out before I can release! (including your stereoizer, sort of)

Watch this space!

• edited June 2019

@elf_audio said:
    Hey @stormbeats! still here - just been roped into some non-koala work for quite a while now - have been sneaking in a few koala hours here and there, mostly planning and doing little bug fixes. Last night I was working on a feature to allow importing audio directly from videos, think it would be super useful.

Also done 7 new FX, but they have little pops and clicks that need to be ironed out before I can release! (including your stereoizer, sort of)

Watch this space!

@elf_audio ok brilliant and thanks for the reply. Some good new features on the way. Cheers

• I love koala, I'm very glad youre still working on it @elf_audio! But I very much understand having to take care of other things in life too, I hope all is well on your end and I look forward to things you continue to make this do (but I love it as is too!).

• @strombeats @mrufino1 thanks, it means a lot! I definitely have a lot of energy for koala, sneaked in a couple of hours yesterday to do a few tweaks, and it felt so good to be back on it again!!

• definitely watching this space :)

• Daft question that I cant find the answer to (honest I've looked). How do I sample into Koala via IAA midi. I have AUM And AB2 and cant seem to set it up to accept incoming Audio except resample and mic via Iphone

• ah, ok it says "mic" or "resample" in the little selector under the VU on the sample page, but when its set to MIC and you're using koala in the second slot in AUM, "MIC" actually means that the sound is coming from whatever is in slot 1, if that makes sense (i will update the label in the next version or so, sorry about that).

As for using midi to control actual sampling, it's should be pretty easy, but it will only work if the app is in sample mode (i.e. the first of the 3 tabs at the top are selected)

I really should make videos of how to do all this too at some point.

Can't wait to get stuck in with coding koala again!

• edited June 2019

Looking forward to looking upright at a landscape layout.

• @Jose_Bee said:
    Daft question that I cant find the answer to (honest I've looked). How do I sample into Koala via IAA midi. I have AUM And AB2 and cant seem to set it up to accept incoming Audio except resample and mic via Iphone

On the iPad and should be the same on an iPhone, setup Koala in the FX slot. Send MIDI to the instrument loaded in the input slot and send MIDI to Koala (I used the same MIDI source for both). Hit play and samples will be recorded onto the pads corresponding to the MIDI notes sent to Koala.

• @elf_audio said:
    ah, ok it says "mic" or "resample" in the little selector under the VU on the sample page, but when its set to MIC and you're using koala in the second slot in AUM, "MIC" actually means that the sound is coming from whatever is in slot 1, if that makes sense (i will update the label in the next version or so, sorry about that).

As for using midi to control actual sampling, it's should be pretty easy, but it will only work if the app is in sample mode (i.e. the first of the 3 tabs at the top are selected)

I really should make videos of how to do all this too at some point.

Can't wait to get stuck in with coding koala again!

Good info.

Would LOVE some videos straight from the elf's mouth etc.