Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Suggestion for Audio Veek Midi tools

@blueveek

I’d love a midi tool that can convert poly note data to mono.

It seems like it would be a good addition to the DeGhost tool. Just have a switch for poly/mono and maybe an option for high note/low note/random...

just a thought!

Comments

• The Audeonic channel strip has this, if you haven't seen it.

• One thing that I have in the works is an AU which splits polyphonic MIDI across multiple outputs. My main use case for this is sending MIDI to analogue hardware synths with a limited number of oscillators. So if your synth has one oscillator, but you want to synthesise a chord of 3 notes, you'll do 3 passes to that synth, and my AU will make that less painful than it is at the moment.

Is this what you're looking for?

• edited February 2019

I would like to have HUI ( Mackie ) to midi cc converter. Or novation/ableton inControl mode mapping)

• Yea, that sounds like one of PizMidi’s VST midi fx, so I think that would work. I could just send lowest note to one channel and ignore the rest... Doesn’t work for chord inversions, but it would work.

Any ETA?

• @blueveek

Another suggestion, or maybe a bug...

Your latch tool seems to send to CH1, regardless of the channel that went in...

I send in note 60 on Ch3, but the actual note that's getting held is note 60 on Ch1

Granted I could rig up a REALLY complex series of latches going into your router, but that's kinda cumbersome.

any chance you can make latch send out on same channel that it receives?

So:

I send Ch 1 note 60, it latches on ch 1

I send Ch 2 note 60, it latches on ch 2

• edited March 2019

i have an app (polythemus) that already does this, will submit today. No harm having different flavours though!

for me i’d like to see the audioveek monitor support cable input(rather than just show 0, but this might be an AUM bug?).

Audiobus is about to get the ability to support multi-output midi auv3 (i nagged michael)

• Latch should already latch on the proper channel. Are you using BM3? (there's a bug with BM3 itself exhibiting this issue)

• Monitor doesn't just show input as cable 0, it's showing whatever the AU receives. No host supports multiple cables AFAIK.

• AUM supports it on output, but it may be input is always 0(even if you send it as 1,2 etc). I will ask Jonatan as it sounds like you are only displaying whats sent so have no idea what the output cable was.

• Nope, I'm using AUM... I'm pretty sure it's not working as you intend.

Here's a setup:

Keyboard

V

Latch

V V

Synth on ch1 Synth on ch3

I send note X on ch 1 into latch and it works (i.e. plays on ch1)

I send note Y on ch 3 into latch, and it doesn't play the note on Ch3, it plays on the synth set up on ch 1

So somewhere everything is being crammed into ch1.