Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

1242527293033

Comments

  • @medgno said:
    Don't know if anyone else has answered this, but is there a way to transpose by octave in the piano roll? I see on Mac that there's a keyboard shortcut for it, but it seems keyboard shortcuts aren't supported on iOS.

    You can use the ‘select’ function for this. Draw a square round your notes- then move the whole lot up or down by however many steps you want.

  • Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

  • @Janosax said:
    Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

    To remove one automation...use the piano roll lower half (automation editor), select the automation you wish to remove...then you can use 'select' to select all automation events of that type.....
    Clear Automation option was added so you didn't have to repeat the above for each automation type when you want to clear all.

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @Janosax said:
    Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

    To remove one automation...use the piano roll lower half (automation editor), select the automation you wish to remove...then you can use 'select' to select all automation events of that type.....
    Clear Automation option was added so you didn't have to repeat the above for each automation type when you want to clear all.

    Or you search the parameter in the automation list and wipe to the left. Parameterfield turns red with x, tip on it: voila.

  • @Speedball said:

    @AndyPlankton said:

    @Janosax said:
    Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

    To remove one automation...use the piano roll lower half (automation editor), select the automation you wish to remove...then you can use 'select' to select all automation events of that type.....
    Clear Automation option was added so you didn't have to repeat the above for each automation type when you want to clear all.

    Or you search the parameter in the automation list and wipe to the left. Parameterfield turns red with x, tip on it: voila.

    Good to know...thanks :)

  • @Speedball said:

    @AndyPlankton said:

    @Janosax said:
    Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

    To remove one automation...use the piano roll lower half (automation editor), select the automation you wish to remove...then you can use 'select' to select all automation events of that type.....
    Clear Automation option was added so you didn't have to repeat the above for each automation type when you want to clear all.

    Or you search the parameter in the automation list and wipe to the left. Parameterfield turns red with x, tip on it: voila.

    Ah ah so good thanks!!!

  • Gadget is a such great app! Especially now we can send out MIDI to other apps (and therefore also process with MIDI AUs like StepPoly arp)

    I just really wish the scenes could be triggered easily (and instantly if required) by MIDI ( I've heard of the accessibility gesture recording method - but that seems too awkward to me ) - it could then also become more of a live performance tool instead of a one for making arrangements

  • @Janosax said:

    @Speedball said:

    @AndyPlankton said:

    @Janosax said:
    Is there really only « clear automation » for all automations option? No way to remove only one automation?

    To remove one automation...use the piano roll lower half (automation editor), select the automation you wish to remove...then you can use 'select' to select all automation events of that type.....
    Clear Automation option was added so you didn't have to repeat the above for each automation type when you want to clear all.

    Or you search the parameter in the automation list and wipe to the left. Parameterfield turns red with x, tip on it: voila.

    Ah ah so good thanks!!!

    Wow never knew this! Hot tip right here folks

  • Just an FYI - It appears that the $99 upgrade price for the Mac version is the going price, and does not appear to have been part of the Gadget 2 launch sale. I just checked the KORG Shop, and the $99 upgrade price is still available. Still not buying it for now, certainly not until they confirm what the other 2 gadgets will be, but thought someone else might be interested.

  • yes. that‘s right. bought it yesterday for 99.99$ after realising that its not possible anymore to open a gadget2-ios-projects in gadget1 on the mac. it was a bad feeling. i felt somwhat forced to upgrade. the good is i can work again, but it remains a very bad aftertaste...

  • @erdstern said:
    yes. that‘s right. bought it yesterday for 99.99$ after realising that its not possible anymore to open a gadget2-ios-projects in gadget1 on the mac. it was a bad feeling. i felt somwhat forced to upgrade. the good is i can work again, but it remains a very bad aftertaste...

    That's my view as well. I just don't feel like the Mac version got enough of an upgrade to justify the $99 price. The addition of iMS-20 and iPolysix are great, and I'd love to use them on Mac, both within Gadget and as plugins. But the bass gadget and Taipei don't do much on Mac, and they still haven't named the other two gadgets yet. At $49, I would have already purchased, but I'll wait for another sale in hopes that KORG reduces the upgrade price. For now, I'm fine sticking with the old version.

  • I didn't feel any urgent need to upgrade, iOS or Mac version, even if the price was less. It still works. I think for those of us who use the iOS/Mac workflow, you have to consider it as one desktop system, and with prices reflecting that. I can see where a hundred bucks could be justifiable for some users.

  • I’m quite looking forward to the other two pitching up now. I’m not planning to be full on with them but I am anticipating to be using them like a sprinkle of glitter here and there.

  • edited April 7

    @robosardine said:
    I’m quite looking forward to the other two pitching up now. I’m not planning to be full on with them but I am anticipating to be using them like a sprinkle of glitter here and there.

    Have you noticed how easily Kaoss pads could be implemented in the interface in the same fashion as the new drum generator thing? I have. Here’s to hoping

  • @db909 said:

    @robosardine said:
    I’m quite looking forward to the other two pitching up now. I’m not planning to be full on with them but I am anticipating to be using them like a sprinkle of glitter here and there.

    Have you noticed how easily Kaoss pads could be implemented in the interface in the same fashion as the new drum generator thing? I have. Here’s to hoping

    Yes- fingers crossed- but then if they were going to do that then I would have thought that the Polysix and MS20 Gadgets would have them? I was just thinking about you the other day when the Figure update came out- are you enjoying it?

  • Who knows, maybe Korg will bake more goodies when the two additional Gadgets drop?

    I would love to see some numerical feedback (and optional vertical snap grid) when editing the automation data.
    This would be especially handy when editing Vancouver and Bilbao for more precise automation of sample start and pitch parameters.

    And I really do wish they would add PWM as a modulation jack in the iMS-20 Gadget and a polyphonic option just like in Odysse/Lexington.

    Korg already 'broke the rule' of improving existing Gadgets by adding the 'pattern generator' to the drum Gadgets so all hope is not lost :D

  • When they first released the legacy MS20 VST with the hardware controller it had polyphony and unison. The iPad iMS20 came a few years later but was only monophonic although some people say it sounds better so they possibly improved the modelling.

  • @robosardine said:

    @db909 said:

    @robosardine said:
    I’m quite looking forward to the other two pitching up now. I’m not planning to be full on with them but I am anticipating to be using them like a sprinkle of glitter here and there.

    Have you noticed how easily Kaoss pads could be implemented in the interface in the same fashion as the new drum generator thing? I have. Here’s to hoping

    Yes- fingers crossed- but then if they were going to do that then I would have thought that the Polysix and MS20 Gadgets would have them? I was just thinking about you the other day when the Figure update came out- are you enjoying it?

    I figure it would be an add on deal, maybe IAP in the future. Yeah I took Figure for a nice spin

  • FYI IAP prices have gone up.

  • @lovadamusic said:
    I didn't feel any urgent need to upgrade, iOS or Mac version, even if the price was less. It still works. I think for those of us who use the iOS/Mac workflow, you have to consider it as one desktop system, and with prices reflecting that. I can see where a hundred bucks could be justifiable for some users.

    I'll keep iOS Gadget v3.7.2 too, until they fix the color scheme to be more usable again.
    I don't mind colors but contrast and visibility matters!

  • I swear some of the synths in gadget all use the same engine. Several of them seem like they have the same presets and sound.

    They sound like lesser versions of iodyssey

  • OK all you Gadget nerds out there - being a Gadget noob, I have a question for you.

    I've got all these Reason Refills for Reason 5 (yep, that's how long it's been since I've used a desktop for music) and the REX player Gadget looks appealing. The question is - how do I/can I get the REX files from the Reason refills I have backed up and import them into Gadget?

    If so, HOW?

    Any videos on this? Feel free to redirect me to "this has already been covered 1000 times" territory!

  • edited April 11

    @Daveypoo said:
    OK all you Gadget nerds out there - being a Gadget noob, I have a question for you.

    I've got all these Reason Refills for Reason 5 (yep, that's how long it's been since I've used a desktop for music) and the REX player Gadget looks appealing. The question is - how do I/can I get the REX files from the Reason refills I have backed up and import them into Gadget?

    If so, HOW?

    Any videos on this? Feel free to redirect me to "this has already been covered 1000 times" territory!

    You can drop them all in the Gadget folder :)
    While Gadget 2 can look for *.wav files in sub-folders that's not unfortunately not he case with the .rx2 files...
    (Meaning *.wav files can be organised in folders & sub-folders while *.rx2 files need to be at the root level).

  • @Samu said:

    @Daveypoo said:
    OK all you Gadget nerds out there - being a Gadget noob, I have a question for you.

    I've got all these Reason Refills for Reason 5 (yep, that's how long it's been since I've used a desktop for music) and the REX player Gadget looks appealing. The question is - how do I/can I get the REX files from the Reason refills I have backed up and import them into Gadget?

    If so, HOW?

    Any videos on this? Feel free to redirect me to "this has already been covered 1000 times" territory!

    You can drop them all in the Gadget folder :)
    While Gadget 2 can look for *.wav files in sub-folders that's not unfortunately not he case with the .rx2 files...
    (Meaning *.wav files can be organised in folders & sub-folders while *.rx2 files need to be at the root level).

    Ah - but how do I "extract" the REX files from the Refill? Do I have to do this in Reason somehow? If so. that's fine - I'll have to install it and get to it, I just didn't want to invest in all that time just to find out it couldn't be done!

  • @Daveypoo said:

    Ah - but how do I "extract" the REX files from the Refill? Do I have to do this in Reason somehow? If so. that's fine - I'll have to install it and get to it, I just didn't want to invest in all that time just to find out it couldn't be done!

    I think you have to manually save them out from the ReFill...

    I'm just lazy and download *.rx2 files for 'educational' purpose from here :)
    https://rhythm-lab.com/breakbeats/

  • And this is why I ask questions here!

    Thanks, @Samu - you're a lifesaver.

  • @Daveypoo said:
    OK all you Gadget nerds out there - being a Gadget noob, I have a question for you.

    I've got all these Reason Refills for Reason 5 (yep, that's how long it's been since I've used a desktop for music) and the REX player Gadget looks appealing. The question is - how do I/can I get the REX files from the Reason refills I have backed up and import them into Gadget?

    If so, HOW?

    Any videos on this? Feel free to redirect me to "this has already been covered 1000 times" territory!

    I'm using Gadget plus Stockholm a lot. Stylus RMX on the iPad, kinda.
    One thing to consider is RX2 file names: Mine always start with a "category shortcut" like BRK for breakbeat, BSA for acoustic bass, BSE for electric bass, BSS for synthetic bass etc.
    That's about the only way to get some structure in Gadget's totally messed-up file management. This way you can enter the first 2 or 3 digits in the search field and only the respective loops are listed.

  • File management absolutely needs to by addressed by @davis_korgrd and the staff there in the next update. But I predict that instead they will just give us more sound generators at a premium, thats been the trend for the past several years anyway.

  • edited April 12

    I'm hoping file management is addressed soon too. I mean, they updated it to have subfolders, but you need to type the path in in order to access what you want. Furthermore, half the time I can't see what the sample's name is in order to know what I'm loading.

    The other thing that still needs to be addressed by @davis_korgrd is the GUI of the note grid. A new minor update was just released, and it addressed nothing of the GUI whatsoever. What's so difficult with changing the color of a grid? I know it's been said a thousand times already by a lot of folks, but that "new and improved GUI" in the note grid is an eye strain, and I haven't been able to use Gadget since.

  • @LeonLeroy said:
    I swear some of the synths in gadget all use the same engine. Several of them seem like they have the same presets and sound.

    That might be somewhat true, but on the other hand, if you have Odyssey, iMonopoly and iMS 20, you don't need many more different synths. Okay, there is still Kiev and Chiang Mai, which have their own distinct characters, and iM1 and iWavestation waiting in the wings, so ... enough sonic capabilities in my humble opinion.

Sign In or Register to comment.