Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• edited March 2019

Deleted.

• edited March 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@espiegel123 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    New UI is crap. Love the features... hate the dark asymmetrical and quirkiness of the background. Hate it.

Dude, go scream in a pillow or something. You've posted this, like, ten times.

Worth repeating I think. Not enraged, it’s just an objectively ugly design choice and pretty much everyone concurs.

I think you are mistaking those that agree with you for everyone. Lots of people don't share your opinion but might not feel the need to mention it.

The majority of people then.

How would you know? The voices of people that speak out is not necessarily statistically representative. You are certainly entitled to your opinion,but a count of comments on a forum such as ours is not a statistically sound sample.

Mate I’m not going to debate with you. It’s ugly and a distraction and several people on this thread have given reasoned statements as to why it’s also bad for people with weak eyesight etc. Before the update no one was complaining about the UI, they were complaining about other lacking features. Now after the update features are still lacking and we’ve got an inferior UI. It matters because we paid big money and invested all our energies in this DAW, there are expectations that follow, namely don’t take away what we already paid for, including our preferred shade of blue.

But in fact I have posted that I much prefer the new shade of blue - Hated the original - and would be very sorry if it went back to how it was. And my eyes are shot, too. I wear factor 2 reading glasses for everything. I agree the grid lines need more contrast, but they’re still ok. I can see them and don’t have an issue there.

• I guess the darker blue uses less power and generates less heat than the brighter blue.

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:
    Edit... KRFT did it so well.. That too was discontinued.. Sorry didn’t mean to hijack the thread..

Huh? Why do you say KRFT is “discontinued”?? What does that even mean?

No further development..

• @Samu said:
    Korg should release a proper 'Sampler Gadget' as a tribute to the Prodigy in memory of Keith Flint...
    (Today I'll be listening to the Prodigy all day long, maybe even the rest of the week).

True that, we need a advanced-ish sampler, with filters, pitch envelopes and stuff.

• @greedy_mf said:

@Samu said:
    Korg should release a proper 'Sampler Gadget' as a tribute to the Prodigy in memory of Keith Flint...
    (Today I'll be listening to the Prodigy all day long, maybe even the rest of the week).

True that, we need a advanced-ish sampler, with filters, pitch envelopes and stuff.

And granular ability would be tremendously welcomed as well.

• edited March 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

Gadget2 inside BM3 setup for anyone who’s interested.

Dope vid bro.👌🏾

Also how I use Gadget as I prefer firing off several different patterns of each instrument using BM3 scene mode. I can finish a whole song worth of patterns super quick and sequence in song mode later. Also, what’s dope about this setup is you can route ChordPolyPad to Gadget Instruments/BM3 Pads to play chords. Saucy. This allows you to use the various controls in CPP (strum, velocity, etc) for more drip (expression) wether using just the glass or in my case...connecting your Roli Light pad.

Always go crazy on the save button. Although less frequent, BM3 will crash occasionally depending on device or number of Gadget instruments. Also, it gets wierd when you try to close and reopen a session with this setup.

• @WillieNegus said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Gadget2 inside BM3 setup for anyone who’s interested.

Dope vid bro.👌🏾

Also how I use Gadget as I prefer firing off several different patterns of each instrument using BM3 scene mode. I can finish a whole song worth of patterns super quick and sequence in song mode later. Also, what’s dope about this setup is you can route ChordPolyPad to BM3 pads to play chords with the Gadget instruments. Saucy. This allows you to use the various controls in CPP (strum, velocity, etc) for more drip (expression) wether using just the glass or in my case...connecting your Roli Light pad.

Always go crazy on the save button. Although less frequent, BM3 will crash occasionally depending on device or number of Gadget instruments. Also, it gets wierd when you try to close and reopen a session with this setup.

The video was shared give credit to Mind Altering FX for the creation.!

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:
    Edit... KRFT did it so well.. That too was discontinued.. Sorry didn’t mean to hijack the thread..

No further development..

It still works great. You make it sound as if it doesn’t. It doesn’t bother me a bit that it isn’t getting new features. Doesn’t mean it’s dead and buried. Just sayin’. o:)

• edited March 2019

A new image of Otorii has been released from @ Hiro_H10th.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D09A8FHUcAEBjzW?format=jpg&name=large

• @Uberding said:

I hope that it will be released soon to ios together with switch at korg gadget homeparty
    nice website :) http://korggadget-homeparty.com/

• @Uberding said:

Looks like Sega Genesis had a baby with a drumpad.

• I ask again because I can´t find it. Is it not possible to arm two audio tracks(in example Rosario and Zurich) for live recording?! When I arm one and then try to arm the other then the first goes quiet.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m still totally loving Gadget. Still no battery or heat issues, and wonderful having an iMS20 in there - particularly when you can easily automate the knobs.

Also loving the Koala sampler for added weirdness.

Happy days!

Yeah, having MS-20 and Polysix in Gadget has breathed new life into it for me, and Taipei of course. Something about those old synths...I guess it's like you said before, the familiarity with them.....makes me feel more like I'm in control than the app :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’m still totally loving Gadget. Still no battery or heat issues, and wonderful having an iMS20 in there - particularly when you can easily automate the knobs.

Happy days!

Yeah, having MS-20 and Polysix in Gadget has breathed new life into it for me, and Taipei of course. Something about those old synths...I guess it's like you said before, the familiarity with them.....makes me feel more like I'm in control than the app :)

I always suspected I was missing out by not using Gadget (and guilty about spending so much cash on it), but the heat/battery stuff put me off. I am absolutely loving it now though (just sneaked in a crafty 30 minute session). I'd never really tried Zurich and a lot of the other Gadget updates, so digging into those is amazing.

Three things I love about the update: MS-20 and Polysix, the drum pads - really useful for getting ideas started, and the performance improvements.

I'm actually close to finishing my first ever full Gadget track - despite having it since release!

My new favourite iOS workflow:

1. record a bunch of AU's jamming away in AUM.
    2. import the clips into Koala for a bit of crazy mucking about, and export the individual loops.
    3. import the loops into Gadget Zurich as starting points
    4. jam over some Gadget drums
    5. make a bassline by triggering Gadget via Riffer
    6. chuck a load of silly synths on top

I can then export the Gadget song and load it onto desktop, where I can ruin it with some live guitar and shouting. Bingo!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Happy days!

I always suspected I was missing out by not using Gadget (and guilty about spending so much cash on it), but the heat/battery stuff put me off. I am absolutely loving it now though (just sneaked in a crafty 30 minute session). I'd never really tried Zurich and a lot of the other Gadget updates, so digging into those is amazing.

Three things I love about the update: MS-20 and Polysix, the drum pads - really useful for getting ideas started, and the performance improvements.

I'm actually close to finishing my first ever full Gadget track - despite having it since release!

2. import the clips into Koala for a bit of crazy mucking about, and export the individual loops.

I can then export the Gadget song and load it onto desktop, where I can ruin it with some live guitar and shouting. Bingo!

I do something similar...but instead of going straight to Zurich with the loops I put them through blocs wave .... synced with Link .... an extra step but this means I'm still be able to adjust tempo...I'll pull them into Zurich once I have settled on which tempo I want to use.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Happy days!

I do something similar...but instead of going straight to Zurich with the loops I put them through blocs wave .... synced with Link .... an extra step but this means I'm still be able to adjust tempo...I'll pull them into Zurich once I have settled on which tempo I want to use.

Ah, ok...I'll try that one!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Happy days!

Ah, ok...I'll try that one!

And if your feeling really adventurous.....send them from blocs to Launchpad....where you can 'jam' with the pads and FX (really good if you have the LP controller as you can leave LP App in the background, Gadget in foreground), and record the output from LP into AUM ready for Zurich ;)

• Just a quick gadget question. Is it possible to tie bars and record let’s say something for 32 bars instead of the very list of 16 per row?
    (Basically it should record automatically into the next row of that instrumen). Is that possible?

• @david_2017 said:
    Just a quick gadget question. Is it possible to tie bars and record let’s say something for 32 bars instead of the very list of 16 per row?
    (Basically it should record automatically into the next row of that instrumen). Is that possible?

Just turn off the cycle button at the bottom of the screen, I think, and it will go to the next row. You have to keep checking, because it sneaks its way back on again.

• @purpan2 said:

@david_2017 said:
    Just a quick gadget question. Is it possible to tie bars and record let’s say something for 32 bars instead of the very list of 16 per row?

Just turn off the cycle button at the bottom of the screen, I think, and it will go to the next row. You have to keep checking, because it sneaks its way back on again.

Ah, makes perfect sens, the loop feature. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I will drown some €€€ then into iMS-20 or the PolySix (Tending to the MS20 :))

• @david_2017 said:

@purpan2 said:

@david_2017 said:

Ah, makes perfect sens, the loop feature. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I will drown some €€€ then into iMS-20 or the PolySix (Tending to the MS20 :))

You have to turn loop off each time you open a gadget....as soon as you open a gadget, loop gets enabled. Less of an annoyance if you are using a controller as you can record from the main screen and loop will not keep getting turned back on for you ;)

• @davis_korgrd Just noticed that when using Ableton Project Export (Audio) the names that I have added to my tracks using the new naming feature are not included in the exported filenames.

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

No further development..

It still works great. You make it sound as if it doesn’t. It doesn’t bother me a bit that it isn’t getting new features. Doesn’t mean it’s dead and buried. Just sayin’. o:)

So much was promised... then .

Maybe they can do an AU upgrade to fulfill the multi-out .. imagine having multiple instances of this gem.. 😓

• Gadget is dope, iOS is Dope! It'll all get better if we don't run all tha devs off with constant complaints... Not to be confused with constructive criticism!
    But we live in a good time 👍🕑
    I'm enjoying this update, no gadget isn't going to spit out a modular synth thru my screen and have every option you would expect from one haha but it is great for what it is, great work again korg !

• @h_vel said:

@branis said:
    I'd like to discuss a bit the new design of the Gadget mixer. It's not as important as the grid lines in the piano editor, but I have mixed feelings about this new look for purely aesthetic reasons. (BTW the grid lines in Zurich are light and are perfectly visible unlike in the MIDI editors.)

I really like that it's flat and that tracks are coloured now, but I really feel it doesn't look as sharp as before. There are some soft bevels that make it looked blurry compared to Gadget 1. Especially the buttons, but also the separators between mixer channels and the displays with loaded gadgets, input, pan and reverb send displays, meters, actually almost all elements look "softer now".

I think the design of Electribe Wave is excellent, a great mix of flat and 3D design and everything looks sharp.

I'll admit that I am possibly more susceptible to those small details because I am a designer myself (I also designed some VST plugins, most notably for LinPlug and NUSofting), not everybody will be bothered by that.

What do you guys think? And let's include our dear @davis_korgrd into the discussion.

Here is the comparison:

I‘m not a designer, but I think Korg definitely made the interface more worse in common. Before it was much more clear, because of better contrast. Though this is a matter of taste: the new version looks somehow cheap, regarding the new blue (it’s too „pure“, before the blue was a mixture of blue, a touch of turquoise and a slight touch of grey - now it’s just a „pure blue“). But as I said, the biggest problem is the contrast.

I am a designer (well, used to be), and I fully agree. Ever since Apple released iOS 7 in 2013, every damned developer has been following in Apple’s lead on making everything flat and “minimal” and LOW CONTRAST. I’ve been bitching about it for years because it’s a definite step backwards in UI design. Well trained designers at the time of iOS 7’s release explained it all for everyone to see, but you know how people hate experts... This flat fad has to stop. It’s not just a lack of bevels (controls should always have definite regions, not be simplistic line graphics or text); it’s the weird obsession with low contrast. You’ll see the followers of this fad call it “clean”. Like that means anything. It’s a bit like the constant abuse of the word “warm”.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I guess the darker blue uses less power and generates less heat than the brighter blue.

Ha ha... Only for OLED or microLED screens.

But seriously: I prefer darker tones, myself, but there still needs to be READABILITY and that is definitely suffering here (as it has been, considerably, across the board with UI design in general since iOS 7’s release).

• @dysamoria said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I guess the darker blue uses less power and generates less heat than the brighter blue.

Ha ha... Only for OLED or microLED screens.

But seriously: I prefer darker tones, myself, but there still needs to be READABILITY and that is definitely suffering here (as it has been, considerably, across the board with UI design in general since iOS 7’s release).

Perhaps the dark blue is how they fixed the battery drain :D

• Bring back skeuomorphism 😜

• Me, I'm just waiting for Otorii and Ebina to get launched...