Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

You’re When Not Your

Sorry, it may seem petty, but the dumbing down of language doesn’t help anyone really. It always stops me in my tracks ( no pun intended). I think, “Is this person unaware that “your” does not mean “You are”? I do not mean to offend anyone, but people do judge a person ( or used to, anyway) by how he or she writes. Contractions are pretty elementary and if it is laziness than is it better to be lazy and sound uneducated? Again, I don’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. I don’t think anyone here is uneducated, but it is a simple thing to correct. Thanks for considering it.

Comments

• I hate this too, but most of the time it’s autocorrect’s fault.

• Thanks for the insight @mistercharlie. That makes me feel a lot better!

• Being silly about spelling when it isn't even a first language to some, and in reality you worked out what they are trying to convey anyway, strange, especially when you don't even check "your" own spelling and type 'than' instead of 'then'

Lose and loose really annoys me, do I moan about it on a global public forum where all are happy enough to try to type English, no.

• edited February 2019

Wow! Guilty as charged. In my defence, i was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 4 years ago, & one of the symptoms is impaired cognitive skills/short term memory loss amongst a whole raft of other life limiting symptoms. It sometimes takes me 10 minutes to even write a short message such as this, because either the word, or the spelling of the word completely escapes me as i am trying to write it, so i have to google an approximation of the word & then when i find it, i copy & paste into the message i am attempting to write in the forum. i also use a spell checker, but sometimes words slip under the radar (YOUR!!!) & often, I have to edit my posts several times after i have posted them when i notice mistakes I've made. It's a PITA And my posts are often not as detailed as i would like, but we all have stuff we have to deal with, & i have lived a full & active life, it is just somewhat limited these days.........I will try HARDER!!!!!!!!😉 😎🙂 Also i have no idea what half of these bloody emojis mean!!!

• edited February 2019

Amended post for your edification @LinearLineman !!!!!!!

From: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31478/how-to-sync-2-ipads

Just tried it, and you need to switch mobile data on to create a hotspot. I'm assuming that if your (Edit : "You're", thanks @LinearLineman !) out of data it won't work, most people have loads these days, but if you are PAYG like me, it will scofff your allowance up & start eating your (EDIT: "You're") phone minutes up really quickly. Could be a bummer if your skint or doing a gig in the middle of nowhere.......

Saying that, someone will have to test to see if using it for Ableton Link actually uses any data up...........

• Dodgy grammar doesn't bother me in the slightest - even when people write 'aswell', too many other more important things to worry about these days.

• Not all of us have English as our first language though...

• I was hoping this was a new creation to listen to. The title of the thread would make a good title for a song.

• Your absolutely write! Hopefully, you're post wheel remind everyone hear on this forum, or at list, all of us non-native speakers to pay a beat more attention too English language and it's a mazing grammar. Its the list we can doo (deedoowapapadoo). Maybe you could make a contribution witch would help the community bye righting a short least of the most common miss takes we should definitely bee a wear off.

• In Days of Yore,

Our Fingers Sore, From Writing with a Quill,

To Ease the Pain, of Digit Strain,

We'd Take a Little Pill!

• I picked somebody up in the Gadget 2 thread for using “coffins”, when, I’m pretty sure, they meant “coffers”. I’m not sure my pedantry would stretch to starting a thread about it, though.

There are many here for whom English is not their first language. And I, for one, am grateful that English is the main language of the forum. I think we should be very tolerant for those using a second or third language here. After all, it doesn’t matter as long as what is being said can be understood.

• Your being pendandic

• I could not agree more!! I see it everyday, everywhere: “your welcome” haha! And a myriad of other common examples of poor grammar that have simply become normal and acceptable.

Then I think about those who speak English as their third language (so impressive). And those who have struggled with various impairments. You never know someone’s personal story so I stopped just assuming laziness. But man I wish people would just write coherently haha.

Just my 2 cents. Your welcome!! 😉

• If I’m leaving a comment on my phone, chances are that the spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation will be less than perfect. I just don’t have the time and patience to always wrap it up in a nice bow.

• edited February 2019

Look, I do not mean to offend anyone. And I apologize if I have. If English is not your native language, you are to be commended for however well you speak it. But this is a common error for native English speakers these days. I am an American and misuse of language is prevalent in America. Certainly not the most important thing. And yes, we still can understand it. Non native English speakers aside, why get so hot under the collar about it? It is just a common grammatical error after all. You probably keep your gear in good shape why not your communication skills?

It is off topic. Perhaps some will pay attention. I expected some folks would criticize me for it. That bothers me, of course. I am not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. But if English is your native language, and you dismiss accuracy when it is easy enough to have understanding, everything starts to be wtf difference does it make. Cursive script is on the way out. That people will only write in block letters is a loss, both to efficiency and elegance, but then again, writing is on the way out as well. Well the lights may go out one day. The batteries will fail and we could be like the Eloi in HG Wells’ Time Machine.

And I certainly believe I have a right to bring it up. If you do not think it is of any value that is you’re right 🙄 I have said my piece ( peace?) and have nothing more to add.

• edited February 2019

I remember these things in the stupidest way;

You’re a loser, your mother is looser.

Grammar doesn’t bother me unless someone complains about it. Then I start to look at their own.

• edited February 2019

@LinearLineman: I don't want to appear pedantic, but have you noticed that the title of your own thread about poor grammar/spelling doesn't actually make any sense, and is grammatically dubious itself ? 🤨

• CIcero also thought the kids had gone to shit, and he was right of course :)

• Yes @iso, I am aware, but it has gotten people’s attention. Frankly, I see more pedants here than just myself. Those who are overly concerned about being underscrupulous. Now please, I must shut up. 🙏

• edited February 2019

For any non native English speakers, a brief explanation of "Your" & " You're". There is no excuse now! 😉

https://www.espressoenglish.net/difference-between-your-and-youre/

• It's an Internet forum not a job application and 95 percent of the time I'm using a mobile device to view this forum.

Can I be arsed with grammar and spelling .. no.

• edited February 2019

Typos are easy enough to fix; verbosity is a heavier lift, as they say in the industry. ;)

(A crime I regularly commit myself, I should add.)

• edited February 2019

Juss admit it.. y’all are just pissed off because Korg Gadget 2 didn’t drop yet.. Pissed off bigly... 🥺

Edit ...or is that ‘Biggly’?

edit again..... and what the hell happened to the Korg Gadget 2 thread? It seems to be locked...

• edited February 2019

I have to say — and I'm no fan of the president — he never said "bigly." He said "big league." As long as we're in a pedantic safe space. :)

• **quickly looks at all his comments to see if I am one of the ones that has sparked this discussion. hehe.

English is my first and only language if you don't count bad souther english.

• -apologise-

Fixed ;)

Yeah I know it's the way 'mericans spell it, but I'm English so I can be pedantic about it.