Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thoughts on patterning 2

I have patterning 1 and live it. but recently i’ve been thinking about getting patterning 2. mainly for the ratcheting, and coarse tuning scale selector for melodies.

What are your thoughts, is it work the upgrade?

also, can it do triplets and dotted notes?

Comments

• It's amazing, and you can load both 1 and 2 up in your daw and have em both going..

2 has really great features, the ratcheting is my fav... Get it

• Yeah! The new stuff is pretty awesome and having both is as @reasOne Said similar as having it as an AUv3 ;)

• so it does triplets and dotted notes, it that basically what the ratcheting section does?

• i never thought about having both running at the same time. very interesting 😁👍🏻

• Ratcheting works by subdividing beats from 1x (no ratchet) to 8x beats in the time of 1 regular beat. So you can’t quite do triplet or dotted notes as those are notes that span multiple beats (triplet being 3 notes in the time of 2, dotted being a note 1.5x a beat)

You can set the base value for a track to triplet or dotted, but that makes programming the “regular” beats harder. Using 2 tracks, one in normal time, one in tuplet time is another approach, but a bit hard to integrate.

Regardless, ratcheting is very useful for providing ornamentation to a rhythm. I do wish ratcheting could be set to a probability, so it doesn’t happen all the time.

Apart from a minor bug involving showing the correct pattern in the Audiobus panel / Audiobus Remote that makes it hard for me to use when jamming, it’s solid and a worthwhile addition. However, there are are still a bunch of usability upgrades that I had hoped would happen in the upgrade from 1 to 2 that haven’t. If there’s a specific feature you’re looking for you should check the manual.

• Must buy.

I don’t use many apps as a whole.

But, Patterning2 will always be one.

with the addition of the pads it is a mini sample work station optimized for performance uses.

• you guys are not helping my wallet in this one. lol 😬 i might have to get this thing

• The user and all related content has been deleted.