Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MD-BT01 to send wireless MIDI via iPhone

I’m trying to use an MD-BT01 to send Bluetooth MIDI from a Roland Ax Synth to a Roland FA-08, using an iPhone running Midiflow app as a “bridge” in between the two keyboards. No problem sending Bluetooth MIDI to the iPhone. But iPhone is linked to the FA via Apple CCK3. It seems that instead, I should be able to use a second MD-BT01 on the Roland, pair that to the iPhone as well, and eliminate the need for a wired connection between the iPhone and the FA. I have read on this forum that people have successfully paired multiple MD – BT01s with an iPad, but i’m not sure if it matters that in my case, I’m trying to route MIDI out from one keyboard and into the other, using the iPhone as a MIDI router rather than using it as a sound source. Midiflow seems to handle this type of routing, but can anyone confirm this type of setup works with two MD-BT01s used to control one keyboard with another?

Comments

• I dont think you can do this. The BT dongles do not communicate with each other.

• Update: it works! The BT dongles are not communicating with each other directly, they are each linked to an iPhone that is running a midi routing app, which directs the flow of information from one of them to the other.