Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best solution to sync ipad and hardware... Not finding solution that works...

Hey all... So I’m working on building out my hybrid setup where I’m using my iPad + APC40 to basically create a mixer/fx/sequencer for my hardware sound generation gear.

im building it in AUM.

I mainly only need to sync with my MonoStation because my Moog DFAM and Volca kick are hooking into it for midi or cv/gate.

I've tried MIDI link sync, link to midi, and AUM send midi clock.. none of them work the way I want.

They all send clock just fine, but I need a way to be able to press play in AUM and have it start the MonoStation. It don’t..

I can start the MonoStation via midi link sync app, but that doesn’t start AUM...

Anyone know of a way to have AUM send midi clock AND start stop per link’s quanta settings?

Comments

• Have you tried apeMatrix instead of AUM?

I can't speak for AUM because I don't own it.

Run a MIDI monitor and see what messages are transmitted from AUM apart from all the timing clock messages. You should see at least MIDI STATUS/System Real Time=FA (hex) or 250 (decimal). This one is supposed to start your external MIDI gear, in your case the MonoStation.

If you see this message, make sure your MonoStation actually evaluates it.

Some Bluetooth MIDI dongles require MIDI Clock transmission to be enabled first, just in case...

• I have ApeMatrix, but it's not going to work for what I want to do in this case. I'll have to poke around more on the MS side, but I'm pretty sure it's set to receive start stop because if I go out of my TR8S into MS, start TR8, MS starts and syncs...

• Have you tried AudioBus? The next version has midi clock sync.

• edited February 2019

Audiobus kills in this department. It slaves via virtual midi and is happy to be master as well. Most importantly though it has a clock offset slider if there’s any clock misalignment.

I’ve been slaving it to Circuit and vice versa just like that. Super easy.

• I brought a Missing Link from a small boutique company called Happy Circuits which has solved all my syncing to eurorack issues, it might be overkill for your set up however.

• Well it is redundant at moment. Was just emailing Jonathan(AUM) about it.

You need to engage the midi routing area of AUM as well as the clock area where there is the send midi control and the specific out to the hardware.

The problem I encounter is the stray midi clock signals from like LOOPY or GENOME that then cause MIDI loops or related tantrums.

Plus the Novation Grooveboxes are notoriously finicky for me with clock issues and ios.

Way easier to use Ableton as my master but I do use Circuit with iOS due to the MIDI CIRCUIT app and parameter editing which is lacking on the MAC version.

I actually use other hardware to drive my Novation Mono Station but my Circuit info should substitute for you.

Hope I helped somehow at least.

PM me if not.

• Also make sure you settings on the MONO CiR the blue buttons on settings page are correct for midi in/out

• But to be honest.

I still don't get 100% accurate compliance on the start/stop.

I was told Novation has not released specifics for this function to get exact code. I don' know though.

It worked all am and now not after I posted.

Frankly, I am having many issues with LINK/SYNC/START/STOP since latest iOS or LINK SKD.

Something is not clicking right like it did for a while.

Maybe the Ableton update will help.

• If you have a Launchpad Pro with MIDI out you can always throw a cable from that to the MONO STATION if it is hooked up to a LINK source.......

• I think I'm just going to not worry about it. If I was sequencing from Ipad AND hardware sync would be more important. As it is, as long as tempo matches for things like delays, tempo sync'd LFO's etc. I'll just start/stop AUM manually...