Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Number of 'open in...' apps on iOS7

Is there a limit to the number of apps displayed when exporting via 'Open in' on iOS7?

There was a max of about 24 apps shown on iOS6.

Comments

• edited January 2014

On a quick test...

Getting a jpg from Dropbox...until 68 apps to open it
    Getting a txt from Dropbox...until 63 apps to open it
    mp3: 58
    mid: 61
    wav: 57

I really don't know what the max.

• Thanks @fjcblanco that looks to me like there is no max limit.

Good to know.

• This is really good to know! I'm really glad that barrier has been lifted!

• edited January 2014

Remember that I'm talking about "number of apps listed", which doesn't mean that all of them are capable of open it.
    I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And sometimes it's funny to see which apps are listed in "Open in.." depending the kind of file.
    So sometimes you'll get the message "Error trying to open..." or something like that.

• Yeah...and in addition there may be apps that are capable which aren't listed. I've seen that on several occasions. It's even more frustrating with non-generic files and Open In lists files that can't open it while neglecting those that can.

• @fjcblanco Yeah, I knew you were referring to "number of apps listed." :-)

• @fjcblanco. Yep, aware that can be the case. Thanks again for testing.

@funjunkie ...has this happened to you on iOS7?

• Yes..several times!

• edited January 2014

...and another possible reason to downgrade to iOS7 evaporates! :)

• I don't think that should be a factor @SpookyZoo. I saw this pre iOS7 as well. At least, with iOS7, there are more apps in the list. I think there's an inherent shortfall in how file types are registered.

• oh yeah completely aware this happens in iOS6.

Just thought this may have been a tick in the small PRO column for iOS7

• I'd like to see some functionality where the user could choose any app on his device. Still, to me, this would be a small positive tick.

• edited January 2014

Don't complicate!
    Just copy (by example) an skill from Windows or Android and the first time you open a file type, the system ask to you

1.- Choose an app to open it
    2.- Open it with this app every time or just this time
    3.- Link file type with your prefered app to "open it" by default

It's so difficult to do that?

• So it seems.

• I'd prefer the current system just actually work. An app registers itself as able to open files of type X. I don't want to look through a list of hundreds of apps and don't want to cut off other apps by choosing the 'every time' option. When I choose an app to open something in, I want that app to be first in the list until I choose a different one. Then it's second in the list.

Not sure why the current system is often so broken. Perhaps Apple needs to include open verification in its app testing?

• Apple should do many things differently no doubt, however will it stand to make them more profit is the only concern I am aware of that counts.