Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence AU | Keys from Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited

13»

Comments

• edited January 2020

@SevenSystems how difficult would it be to code a hold mode like the one in AB3 Midiflow keyboard called Unisono. I really like this type if hold because it resets any keys being held once you hit another keys. Is this a possibility?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    @SevenSystems how difficult would it be to code a hold mode like the one in AB3 Midiflow keyboard called Unisono. I really like this type if hold because it resets any keys being held once you hit another keys. Is this a possibility?

I'm not sure I understand how it works, can you give an example?

• @SevenSystems said:

@Tones4Christ said:

I'm not sure I understand how it works, can you give an example?

This is similar to a Hold mode, where you can add more and more keys that all continue to be pressed, but in Unison mode, only the last key... so only one is playing at any time

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

I can comment on that since I tried for a bit to do a Mozaic script for it (lost interest before finishing...)

• Press one note and it is latched on.
    • Press more than one note without letting up on the others and they are all latched on.
    • If you press a note that is latched on, that note is latched off. When multiple notes are latched only that note is released.
    • Regardless of how many notes are latched, pressing a non-latched note releases all other notes and latches the note pressed on.

Examples:

• Press C - it is latched on. Press C again - it is released.
    • Press C + D, then release them. C and D are latched. If you press C, C is released and D remains latched. But if you press E, C and D are released and E is latched.
    • Press C + D and only release C. C and D are latched. Now, while still holding down D, press E. C is released and D and E are latched.

Turning that into programming logic was a little more effort than I was willing to go through at the time. Besides, the Mozaic script wouldn't have visual feedback on the keyboard of which notes are latched, so it would be of little practical use.

• Thanks guys, i couldn’t figure out how to put it into words🤣. Really love that feature in the midiflow keyboard but it’s not AU.

• Also reason i really love this feature is cause in AB3 i can have midiflow keys on unisono hold while sending that midi to StepPolyArp which in turn is driving Continua Synth! I can change chords as needed and the chords hold until i choose another. Love it ! I really hope it could be done.❤️❤️❤️🙏☝️😌🎹

• tjatja
    edited January 2020

@wim said:
    I can comment on that since I tried for a bit to do a Mozaic script for it (lost interest before finishing...)

• Press one note and it is latched on.
    • Press more than one note without letting up on the others and they are all latched on.
    • If you press a note that is latched on, that note is latched off. When multiple notes are latched only that note is released.
    • Regardless of how many notes are latched, pressing a non-latched note releases all other notes and latches the note pressed on.

Examples:

• Press C - it is latched on. Press C again - it is released.
    • Press C + D, then release them. C and D are latched. If you press C, C is released and D remains latched. But if you press E, C and D are released and E is latched.
    • Press C + D and only release C. C and D are latched. Now, while still holding down D, press E. C is released and D and E are latched.

Turning that into programming logic was a little more effort than I was willing to go through at the time. Besides, the Mozaic script wouldn't have visual feedback on the keyboard of which notes are latched, so it would be of little practical use.

Just trying, I may have misunderstood:

Binary Number LATCHED
    Binary Number TOUCHED

while read_keyboard TOUCHED ; do
            if still_touched ; then
                    LATCHED = LATCHED XOR TOUCHED
                    # This should toggle the keys while still touching
            else
                     LATCHED = TOUCHED
                     # This should just set the keys that were tapped together
            fi
            display_keyboard LATCHED
    done

The Binary Numbers are of course just 0 or 1 for each of the keys, 12 per octave.

Did not test, but could work already.
    Not sure if Mozaic can do binary calculations, but would expect this.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

Hi @tja, a Mozaic script would be significantly different from this. It’s an event driven language, so the logic that you have in the while loop would occur in an @OnMidiInput or other Midi event. Variables are all simply numbers. There’s no distinction between binary, decimal, or integer.

I think this is written in a flavor of C? I don’t know it well enough to know if it would work or not. ;)

I don’t plan on completing a Mozaic script for this since it would be of little use without visual feedback on the keyboard to tell which notes are on and off, but maybe @SevenSystems will be interested enough to add it to Xequence AU Keys.

• @wim said:
    Hi @tja, a Mozaic script would be significantly different from this. It’s an event driven language, so the logic that you have in the while loop would occur in an @OnMidiInput or other Midi event. Variables are all simply numbers. There’s no distinction between binary, decimal, or integer.

I think this is written in a flavor of C? I don’t know it well enough to know if it would work or not. ;)

I don’t plan on completing a Mozaic script for this since it would be of little use without visual feedback on the keyboard to tell which notes are on and off, but maybe @SevenSystems will be interested enough to add it to Xequence AU Keys.

That was just pseudo code :smile:

Event driven programming should also be able return a binary number for any number of keys and wether they are still touch or were only tapped, but of course the implementation would be different.

Was just curious if this would be the right way to calculate things :)

• Thanks @wim @tja -- yes that sounds like a reasonable mode to have, and not too difficult to implement. I'm currently planning to release a minor Xequence update soon, which should address a few issues and maybe add some minor improvements, possibly also this one.

However I'm currently also a bit busy with other "cash cow" projects and life in general, but updates will happen! :)

• ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Thank you Mr. Developer! ☝️🎹😌

Gonna go appstore and get complete AU bundle keys and pads. ☝️🙏❤️

@SevenSystems said:
    Thanks @wim @tja -- yes that sounds like a reasonable mode to have, and not too difficult to implement. I'm currently planning to release a minor Xequence update soon, which should address a few issues and maybe add some minor improvements, possibly also this one.

However I'm currently also a bit busy with other "cash cow" projects and life in general, but updates will happen! :)

• @Tones4Christ said:
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Thank you Mr. Developer! ☝️🎹😌

Gonna go appstore and get complete AU bundle keys and pads. ☝️🙏❤️

Thanks a lot, Mr. Customer! 😉🏆🎉

@SevenSystems said:
    Thanks @wim @tja -- yes that sounds like a reasonable mode to have, and not too difficult to implement. I'm currently planning to release a minor Xequence update soon, which should address a few issues and maybe add some minor improvements, possibly also this one.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

I think @Tones4Christ has a latch mode enabled on his emoji keyboard. :D

• 🤣🎹😳

• Just grabbed the bundle, very nice :-)

Hold is the first thing I missed ( before reading this thread)

It would be cool to have a stand alone version.

Imagine some kind of friction option where cc,s / faders could be set to return to first touch position at a set speed ;-)

Lots of possibilities to add to this one .

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @SevenSystems The hold and sustain on glide with the keys is pretty cool. So manual due out soon on Apple get it together ?

how do you hold keys down?

• Sorry to bump an old thread, but didn't want to create a new one. I bought this principally as an external controller for Logic, however I was also keen to use it in Nanostudio. I haven't tried the former yet but assume it will work. From reading here, I'm not sure if the latter is workable, or if it is, how to do it? I tried adding it to the Midi FX slot in NS2 but it obviously needs more attention than tah. @SevenSystems - any ideas? Looks great by the way!

• @Cambler said:
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but didn't want to create a new one. I bought this principally as an external controller for Logic, however I was also keen to use it in Nanostudio. I haven't tried the former yet but assume it will work. From reading here, I'm not sure if the latter is workable, or if it is, how to do it? I tried adding it to the Midi FX slot in NS2 but it obviously needs more attention than tah. @SevenSystems - any ideas? Looks great by the way!

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Actually, loading Xequence AU | Keys into a MIDI FX slot should be enough to be able to control that channel via the plugin's keyboard... see below!

Can you describe what's not working?

• @SevenSystems said:

@Cambler said:
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but didn't want to create a new one. I bought this principally as an external controller for Logic, however I was also keen to use it in Nanostudio. I haven't tried the former yet but assume it will work. From reading here, I'm not sure if the latter is workable, or if it is, how to do it? I tried adding it to the Midi FX slot in NS2 but it obviously needs more attention than tah. @SevenSystems - any ideas? Looks great by the way!

Actually, loading Xequence AU | Keys into a MIDI FX slot should be enough to be able to control that channel via the plugin's keyboard... see below!

Hey @SevenSystems, thanks so much for getting back to me. Well wouldn't you know it... it now seems to be working?! I made a fresh project and retried and voila. I did manage to accidentally replicate the initial issue I had when I switched instruments on the same track but for the life of me I can't remember what I did that triggered it. It was late so I'll have a proper play today and report back anything of use. It'll all be user error I am sure :) Thanks again! Awesome product.

• @SevenSystems said:

@Cambler said:

I apologise in advance for my stupidity but how do I then record the midi output from Keys in NS2?

• edited July 2021

@Cambler said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Cambler said:

I apologise in advance for my stupidity but how do I then record the midi output from Keys in NS2?

Glad you got it working. Regarding recording the keys -- actually that's not your stupidity if I remember correctly 😃 NanoStudio cannot record the output of MIDI FX directly from what I can remember, you have to do a bit of trickery by going through an external MIDI routing plug-in.

Maybe search the forum, I think this topic has come up before?

• @SevenSystems said:

@Cambler said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Cambler said:

Glad you got it working. Regarding recording the keys -- actually that's not your stupidity if I remember correctly 😃 NanoStudio cannot record the output of MIDI FX directly from what I can remember, you have to do a bit of trickery by going through an external MIDI routing plug-in.

Maybe search the forum, I think this topic has come up before?

Thanks so much @SevenSystems . Good to know it's not just me :) Will search and see what I can find. Looking forward to playing with Keys as a Logic controller next. Any tips for that modality?

• MIDI Tools, specifically the MIDI Route program, is probably what you need. I use it to record MIDI from MIDI FX into BeatMaker 3. I haven’t messed with Nanostudio, but it sounds like both have the same issue which the MIDI route plug-in fixes. You just put it after the effect in the midi fx chain, and it echoes the notes to your daw.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

• @insight said:
    MIDI Tools, specifically the MIDI Route program, is probably what you need. I use it to record MIDI from MIDI FX into BeatMaker 3. I haven’t messed with Nanostudio, but it sounds like both have the same issue which the MIDI route plug-in fixes. You just put it after the effect in the midi fx chain, and it echoes the notes to your daw.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019

Thanks so much for this. Sounds perfect!

• Jeesh. Nanostudio has the same issue as Beatmaker 3? 🤔
    What's going on these days? 😂

BTW, I hope midi tools does work out in this case. I don't have it (I already had RouteMidiApp), and I managed to do this workaround in BM3, but no cigar no NS2