Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StreamByter script test: Using a sustain pedal with NanoStudio 2's Obsidian Synth

@_ki created and posted a requested StreamByter script to fix the behavior of sustain pedals with Nanostudio2.

I have tested the StreamByter script with Nanostudio 2 to see if it fixed the lack of Sustain Pedal input support. I works when:

1. The script is installed in MidiFire and the MIDI controller with the sustain pedal is configured as input for MidiFire and the output is configured to the "MidiFire" option.
  2. Then MidiFire MIDI Input port is selected for the Obsidian Synth MIDI input.

I also tested 2 more configurations options and the script doesn't have any effect on the Obsidian Synth:

1. loading the StreamByter MIDI FX product for that Obsidian track
  2. running StreamByter in AUM and configuring the output to the Network session and using the Network Session as the input in NS2 for the Obsidian Synth

So, the script works within MidiFire but NS2 MIDI FX behavior and Network Session input do not seem to work as I would expect.

The script is posted by @_ki at the Audeonic's Forum in the StreamByter section.

Comments

• Thanks for testing. For the technical discussion, i replied on the http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/611/sustainnotes-delay-depending-sustain-pedal Audeonics Board thread, where one can download the script.

Besides the obvious sustaining of notes, the script has the following features:

• Support for MPE (even same note on different channels)
    • Allows to retrigger already hold notes when sustaining
    • Uses original note-off velocity when releasing hold notes

Here are two AB sessions including the script:

Audiobus preset 'StreamByter SustainPedal':

http://preset.audiob.us/NaDVlpV3MO02ECH

For the first session, you need to insert connection to your external midi keyboard (which needs to feature a sustain pedal key) into the left midi slot on AB3s midi page.

If you then open up the streambyter plugin in AB3, it should change between SUS and NOR in its display label depending on the sustain pedal and hold the notes when sustaining.

Audiobus preset 'StreamByter SustainNotes (plus ModWheel to SustainPedal)':

http://preset.audiob.us/YoBE3Iv8ryDhhrz

This session includes RozetaXY and a second script to allow playing/testing with the internal keyboard by emulating the sustain pedal with RozetaXYs modwheel.

On the midi page of AB3, open up RozetaXY. In the lower half, you can play the internal keyboard and in the upper half you can operate the modwheel to change between normal (lower half) and sustain-on (upper half)

In both demo sessions, i used Bismark bs-16i AU with an sustained organ sound to clarify the sustain of notes (the piano presets faded away after a while)

You should store the script to StreamByters internal preset system so that it‘s available in all AU hosts.