Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Enso

Comments

• Crashing in Enso seems to be very random. Used to happen very often for me - but the last 2-3 times I used no problems - and I hadn't changed anything on my iPad (no updates,etc)

• Listed as 2.99 in the U.S. App Store right now.

• edited September 2019

@zilld2017 said:
    iOS 12.4.1

Still crashes in AUM, still locks up the iPad Pro (3rd gen) immediately.

What a waste. Of $ as well as an excellent concept.

Wondering how it will perform in iPadOS...

Happy to report that previous issues—freezing, crashing—no longer an issue in iPadOS. Running 4 instances of Enso in AUM.

• @zilld2017 said:

@zilld2017 said:
    iOS 12.4.1

Still crashes in AUM, still locks up the iPad Pro (3rd gen) immediately.

What a waste. Of $ as well as an excellent concept.

Wondering how it will perform in iPadOS...

Happy to report that previous issues—freezing, crashing—no longer an issue in iPadOS. Running 4 instances of Enso in AUM.

I suspect that this only affects devices with lots of RAM. IOS 13 seems to have removed the fixed RAM allocation per AU "group".

• Ooh. Hopefully this means that it’s usable now on iPadOS. Thanks for reporting on this.

• Seems to be flawless on iPadOS

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Just managed to crash Enso in AUM on iPadOS13.1 on iPad pro 2017.... 3 instances.....

Damn :(

• @d4d0ug said:
    Just managed to crash Enso in AUM on iPadOS13.1 on iPad pro 2017.... 3 instances.....

How long were your recordings is Enso?

• I'm enjoying this app a lot. It's perfect for ambien experiments:

• edited September 2019

@d4d0ug said:

Out of interest: how many instances of Enso do you guys think you should be able to run without issues? 2, 4, 6, 100? What is the expectation people have?

• @Simon said:

@d4d0ug said:

Out of interest: how many instances of Enso do you guys think you should be able to run without issues? 2, 4, 6, 100? What is the expectation people have?

• @d4d0ug said:

@rs2000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

How long were your recordings is Enso?

2 bars long at 90 something bpm. I’ll try and see how reproducible it is...

Ok thanks, then it's definitely not a memory issue...

• @BroCoast said:

@Simon said:

@d4d0ug said:

OK,we got 4... any advance on 4....?

• As we discussed here with someone before -- this Enso crashing is connected with some host-timing-issues, not with memory. I can run 10-12 Enso instances with short loops (up to 10s) to reproduce Еno-style ambient without any crashing on my Ipad Pro 10.5 when i run them in "free mode".

• @Simon said:

@BroCoast said:

@Simon said:

@d4d0ug said:

OK,we got 4... any advance on 4....?

Again, to reproduce behaviour with some old tape machines, portastudios, etc, where you can "play" by fade in/out.

• edited September 2019

Just use LoopyHD. 12 tracks. That’s all I’m gonna say. I want Enso to work...but come on. 4 loops only? What is it...1963 again?

• @frthcomingstorm said:
    Again, to reproduce behaviour with some old tape machines, portastudios, etc, where you can "play" by fade in/out.

Right, like loading audio clips into AUM and using the faders...? :D

• @frthcomingstorm said:
    As we discussed here with someone before -- this Enso crashing is connected with some host-timing-issues, not with memory. I can run 10-12 Enso instances with short loops (up to 10s) to reproduce Еno-style ambient without any crashing on my Ipad Pro 10.5 when i run them in "free mode".

Glad it works in free mode, but for me free mode Is kinda useless most the time coz I need to start and stop the loops on time, but at least it’s something

• @Simon said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Well, loading audio clips takes time and not so easy to do. Also, Enso have very nice saturation, chorus, filter section and pitch control more intuitive.

I really wish that in future Enso will be working without any issues because is is the best looper in ios ecosystem dedicated for experimental practice. Right now, it's a mess, i agree.

• @frthcomingstorm said:

@Simon said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Well, loading audio clips takes time and not so easy to do. Also, Enso have very nice saturation, chorus, filter section and pitch control more intuitive.

I really wish that in future Enso will be working without any issues because is is the best looper in ios ecosystem dedicated for experimental practice. Right now, it's a mess, i agree.

What’s hilarious is that Chris Randall (guy that is audio damage with a partner) is that he posts all this stuff on his Instagram of playing tape loop type stuff... but he doesn’t even use his own apps like enso for it! It’s like, if you’re gonna sell a tape machine emulation, why not work on it so it’s so good it replaces your hardware?!

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

@Simon said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

What’s hilarious is that Chris Randall (guy that is audio damage with a partner) is that he posts all this stuff on his Instagram of playing tape loop type stuff... but he doesn’t even use his own apps like enso for it! It’s like, if you’re gonna sell a tape machine emulation, why not work on it so it’s so good it replaces your hardware?!

?

I see Enso all over the place when scrolling through these.
    https://www.instagram.com/chris.randall/

• On top of that, the logic that a developer should aim to replace his hardware with software is somewhat flawed

• edited September 2019

@frthcomingstorm said:
    Also, Enso have very nice saturation, chorus, filter section and pitch control more intuitive. <

With AUM you have dozens (hundreds?) of FX apps you can load.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

@Simon said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Why should he continue to use his own apps when there's better sources of inspiration?
    And yes, who knows what that's going to mean for ENSO.

• @rs2000 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

@Simon said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Why should he continue to use his own apps when there's better sources of inspiration?
    And yes, who knows what that's going to mean for ENSO.

True. But if he did, then maybe he’d get motivated to fix the crashes after he lost his work a few times. :D

• In this one he's running 7 Ensos to recreate that Brian Eno music for airports.

Well, ok, I see it is the PC version now. Could be that the free mode helps, too.

• Its says something when an app is three euro and im still unwilling to buy it due to past frustrations with AD ios apps with bugs.