Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Enso

Comments

• I’d love to see Loopy AU that loads into an FX slot. Likely?

• @supadom said:
    In the face of IAA deprication I’m looking into trying enso as a straight forward looper. Is anyone using it for a Loopy style action? If so I’d love to hear your story.

I believe enso is the only AU looper that happily sits in the effect slot. Am I wrong?

Straight forward it's generally ok for me. I still wouldn't risk it though, it's capable of extreme noise bursts.

• edited August 2019

@BroCoast said:

> ...it's capable of extreme noise bursts.

You have met @supadom, right?

• Would love to see LoopTree updated to modern times :wink:
    http://www.looptreeapp.com/

I think we get loads of loopers on iOS, but they end up giving up. (Everest, Group The Loop)
    Loopy is the only one still being developed it seems (or I am really wrong :lol:)

• QuantiLoop

• @supadom said:
    I’d love to see Loopy AU that loads into an FX slot. Likely?

Yeah, quite possible. I've already got Samplebot working as an AU for the next update, and Loopy Pro's dev build. Loopy itself will probably get that ability soon too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Ha ha! My first thought was "Is that a problem, or a feature?" :D

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:

Yeah, quite possible. I've already got Samplebot working as an AU for the next update, and Loopy Pro's dev build. Loopy itself will probably get that ability soon too.

💎

That will change the game!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

An example :)

Watch your speakers/headphones ears etc.

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:

Very good news!!! :)

• edited August 2019

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Something similar happened to me last night. I had an Enso/Spacecraft x 2 jam on the go, and got a really good rhythmic bit going when suddenly there was a burst of distorted noise from Enso. Ruined a really good track. The loop seemed to have jumped in volume, for no reason I could see.

Maybe user error, I’ll try again tonight as it was an interesting combo.

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:

Goodie, will it also be able to save as *.wav as that is the format most apps support?
    Another 'treat' for the *.AIFF file would be to include trigger markers and tempo meta-data so that the AIFF-File could be used as an AppleLoop in GarageBand or BeatHawk2 as the only iOS app that does this 'export' for now is BeatMaker 3.

And well, since we're talking sampling here a pitch mode for the samples could be handy.
    Samplebot already has a nice sequencer so a pitch mode would lift it up a notch...
    ...that is unless the more advanced features are reserved for 'Loopy Masterpiece'...

• @Samu said:

@Michael said:

@supadom said:

Goodie, will it also be able to save as *.wav as that is the format most apps support?
    Another 'treat' for the *.AIFF file would be to include trigger markers and tempo meta-data so that the AIFF-File could be used as an AppleLoop in GarageBand or BeatHawk2 as the only iOS app that does this 'export' for now is BeatMaker 3.

And well, since we're talking sampling here a pitch mode for the samples could be handy.
    Samplebot already has a nice sequencer so a pitch mode would lift it up a notch...
    ...that is unless the more advanced features are reserved for 'Loopy Masterpiece'...

Getting a bit off topic here, maybe if you email those feature requests to [email protected] for my records.

• edited August 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Heading for that surely, with hearing loss etc. Not sure which will cause which. Cool epithet it will be to wear*. Thanks

*’the noisy’, not ‘the deaf’!

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@Michael said:

@supadom said:

Oh dear Samu, the guy has only just come with ‘quite possibly’ and you’re already showering him with requests?!! At that rate it will be out in 2030! ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Something similar happened to me last night. I had an Enso/Spacecraft x 2 jam on the go, and got a really good rhythmic bit going when suddenly there was a burst of distorted noise from Enso. Ruined a really good track. The loop seemed to have jumped in volume, for no reason I could see.

There seems to be a few ways to make it max out the volume like that. I'm good at breaking things so it happens often for me. :)

And yeah, it always happens when you get something really good going. Spacecraft & Enso 🔥

• @supadom said:

Oh dear Samu, the guy has only just come with ‘quite possibly’ and you’re already showering him with requests?!! At that rate it will be out in 2030! ;)

Soooorry, the OCD in me just wants every use-case corner to be at least partially covered :D
    Most end-users find use-cases for an app that the developer never even thought about, happens all the time...

It's just that most apps are almost there just missing a few small details that are already present in another apps and that in turn creates slight frustration since they can not be easily combined (ie. one can not pick a feature from app A and implant in into app B).

• @Samu said:

@supadom said:

Soooorry, the OCD in me just wants every use-case corner to be at least partially covered :D
    Most end-users find use-cases for an app that the developer never even thought about, happens all the time...

It's just that most apps are almost there just missing a few small details that are already present in another apps and that in turn creates slight frustration since they can not be easily combined (ie. one can not pick a feature from app A and implant in into app B).

Yup, the story of my life. In the meantime I might give enso another spin...just because I own it and have never really used it. :open_mouth:

• @senhorlampada
    I think we get loads of loopers on iOS, but they end up giving up. (Everest, Group The Loop)
    Loopy is the only one still being developed it seems (or I am really wrong :lol:)

Group The Loop is still running strong for me hosted in AUM. It integrates so well. You can send any other channels to it directly, it’s completely midi controllable, with drag and drop internal fx or AUv3 fx (3 per loop), and import or export loops to AudioShare (though one at a time). I think it’s king atm, I would encourage loop lovers to try it.

• @audiorangutan said:
    Group The Loop is still running strong for me hosted in AUM. It integrates so well. You can send any other channels to it directly, it’s completely midi controllable, with drag and drop internal fx or AUv3 fx (3 per loop), and import or export loops to AudioShare (though one at a time). I think it’s king atm, I would encourage loop lovers to try it.

Hey... good to know!
    My opinion is actually based on some post I read here some time ago :lol:
    I don't have it.

But at the same time, someone did praise it on the "One Man Band" thread :wink:

• @MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Was this noise burst thingy resolved do you know? I might pick it up in the sale if so.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

Was this noise burst thingy resolved do you know? I might pick it up in the sale if so.

There has been no update to the app since that post. That said, I've never experienced that issue.

• @wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

There has been no update to the app since that post. That said, I've never experienced that issue.

Ok thanks wim.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

I haven’t used it for a while to be honest, so can’t confirm.

• @BroCoast said:

Oooouch! That’s nasty. :(

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:

Oh man!!!

• edited September 2019

Typical, I read 1/2 the mega thread and all was praise and some confusion. So I bought Enso. Last part of the thread is crash this, crash that.

Anyhow, so far it’s stable for me but only had 2 instances going in AUM. This app is brilliant.

• iOS 12.4.1

Still crashes in AUM, still locks up the iPad Pro (3rd gen) immediately.

What a waste. Of $ as well as an excellent concept.

Wondering how it will perform in iPadOS...

• edited September 2019

Hmmm.... I’m using a 10.5 Pro and always run the latest iOS build. I bought Enso on launch and it has NEVER crashed on me.

I do mostly host in apeMatrix though.