Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
AudioVeek Piano Roll MIDI sequencer AU
There’s been talk lately about having a proper piano roll sequencer for AU hosts such as AUM, apeMatrix etc. A piano roll would upgrade these modular mixers to allow for a fully-fleged DAW-like experience.
For the past few months I’ve been working on such a beast, and I’ve come sufficiently close to release to feel comfortable announcing this on the forum, and asking around for what you all would expect from such a plugin.
I'm aiming to release this soon. Beta testing should start in a week or two.
This piano roll aims to achieve many things:
- Editing experience that mimics NS2 and Xequence, which I really enjoyed the efficiency of
- State saving as AU presets, so midi sequences are automatically saved and loaded
- Fully scalable UI, universal app
- Loop record, unlimited bars, as well as manual export and import
- Clip launching, delayed triggers, quantised to various beats
- Fully fledged MIDI velocity and aftertouch editor
- Automation editor that outputting MIDI CC messages
- Keys and scales support, with overlays
- …some more surprise stuff :)
After the initial launch, I’m going to continue work on a multi track and scenes launcher AU, which is what you’d expect: multiple clips on multiple tracks, each with its own piano roll and sequence.
So here’s where you come in. What features do you expect to have?