AudioVeek Piano Roll MIDI sequencer AU
There’s been talk lately about having a proper piano roll sequencer for AU hosts such as AUM, apeMatrix etc. A piano roll would upgrade these modular mixers to allow for a fully-fleged DAW-like experience.
For the past few months I’ve been working on such a beast, and I’ve come sufficiently close to release to feel comfortable announcing this on the forum, and asking around for what you all would expect from such a plugin.
I'm aiming to release this soon. Beta testing should start in a week or two.
This piano roll aims to achieve many things:
- Editing experience that mimics NS2 and Xequence, which I really enjoyed the efficiency of
- State saving as AU presets, so midi sequences are automatically saved and loaded
- Fully scalable UI, universal app
- Loop record, unlimited bars, as well as manual export and import
- Clip launching, delayed triggers, quantised to various beats
- Fully fledged MIDI velocity and aftertouch editor
- Automation editor that outputting MIDI CC messages
- Keys and scales support, with overlays
- …some more surprise stuff :)
After the initial launch, I’m going to continue work on a multi track and scenes launcher AU, which is what you’d expect: multiple clips on multiple tracks, each with its own piano roll and sequence.
So here’s where you come in. What features do you expect to have?