Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy question: Record immediatly, but only for set beats/measures?

I’m stumped on this one...

I bind a midi control to start recording then overdub. However, I don’t want the “count in” / wait for the blinky light to get back to the top. I want it to record immediately for the set number of beats or bars and stay in overdub... I can’t figure out how... every combo of settings I try does something different but not what I want. If I just turn off count in or count off, it just records until I stop it, not after the set number of beats.

if if I use count in, it seems to follow set length. Is there a way to do what I want?

Comments

• Hmm yeah, Loopy is a tad opinionated when it comes to recording for a fixed number of bars: it wants to start on a division. You can change the count in interval to something pretty small though, one beat. I think that'd do what you want, if I remember right.