Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

routing to get sound to be routed through AUM before it goes into Loopy...

I know I did this before, but I can figure out how I did it!

Essentially I want my usb audio interface's [a] input to go through an AUM channel before it goes into loopy [b]. Then I'm going to route Loopy's tracks back into AUM [L1, L2, Ln]

Like this

[a]
|
FX, etc
|
[b]

[L1, L2...Ln]
|
fx
|
Bus Send

I know it has something to do with the IAA/AB output option in AUM... But when I choose that, there doesn't seem to be a way in Loopy to take that IAA input from AUM... Not seeing an input option. Loopy just seems to get signal from interface directly...

Help?

Comments

• I thought you had to use Audiobus to input into Loopy. I don’t know if you can send AUM directly into Loopy.

• Yep. AB is the key.

AB Lane 1: Hardware input -> AUM
    (do whatever you want to the signal in AUM)
    AB Lane 2: AUM -> Loopy

Think you can skip the Lane 1 bit (hardware input in AUM->process->load AUM in AB input slot -> Loopy output slot) but left for illustration.

Depending on what you're doing, you might be able to skip AUM as well: AB hardware input->FX apps->Loopy.

• Correct, you need to route the signal through AB via the IAA/AB output options in AUM. In AB you will see the ports as options for AUM in the input picker.

• Yeeeaaaaa.... that was it... Kinda funny I’d forget that lil ingredient considering the forum name....😬😳