Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

need help with RouteMidi and Garageband

I stumbled into understanding how to set up RouteMidi in Garageband so that I can use one of the iGrand acoustic piano instruments to lay down a midi track. Problem is that when I close Garageband and share the project as a WAV file, the RouteMidi/iGrand track is silent. Garageband has lost the connection with RouteMidi and iGrand.

How can I get Garageband to save the RouteMidi settings on close so that the iGrand track is audible the WAV file?

Comments

• You will not be able to render your track with RouteMIDI, this app is not able to do that. You have to put your piano as an IAA input in GarageBand, then playback your midi region/RouteMIDI AU while recording your IAA piano as a new Garageband audio track. You will have to zoom at max in GB to make some audio recording offset correction by dragging the region, like with every IAA recording. Then you will be able to export your song with piano included :smile:

• Seems very cumbersome. Really not sure it's worth the trouble. Most of the in-app plugins for Garageband are pretty good and sufficient for my needs.

• edited February 2019

Ravenscroft 275 works really well in GarageBand as an audio unit, it’s audio crackle free. For instruments and effects I use mostly AU in all hosts. I use IAA only for apps like Gadget, apeMatrix, Blocswave... I use RouteMIDI only occasionally.

• I added Ravenscroft to my project. Works well until I try to share the wav file to Final Touch. The export sometimes freezes or I get a message box saying “Audio unit extension has quit unexpectantly”. Seems not to be as much of an issue if I’m simply copying the file to Dropbox.

• edited February 2019

Have you tried to share with AudioShare?
    Have you got other AU in that project? Perhaps multiple Ravenscroft instances? RS275 exports without any issues here, iPhone 7 Plus latest iOS version.

• No, just one track. I haven't tried AudioShare but will check it out.

Going back to RouteMidi, this is supposed to be able to export a midi track. I see that it can export to another DAW. But is it possible to export a midi track and save it as a file, which can be loaded in any DAW (such as the one on my PC)? I'm guessing there's no way to do this....

• edited February 2019

RouteMiDI can’t export anything as export is on DAW side, but GarageBand can’t export midi file.