Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multi timbral synth question

I am having a difficult time setting up my ensoniq esq1 which is 8 part multi timbral to a Korg Electribe Sampler 2 with 16 part midi out. The idea is to use the Electribe to sequence multiple patches on the esq1 at the same time.
Is this possible? Once I wrap my head around this I plan on syncing it with korg Electribe wave

Comments

• yeah. it is. somewhere in the ensoniq must be a midi option saying multi in or out. something in that manner

• From a the link below: "You need to open up the sequencer to assign the patches to midi channels and set their volumes." This was fairly common on old workstation synths—they were multi-timbral primarily to support the instrument's on-board sequencer. My similarly vintaged Kurzweil works the same way.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/682982-how-make-esq1-multi-timbral-more-than-2-patches-split-keys-same-time.html

• Thank you both for taking a moment to assist. I can verify the midi out from Electribe sends midi properly to the esq. however it only plays one patch at a time. I tap the mix/midi button and set track midi channels 1-8. (Esq1 has 8 voice multi timbral) Now on the Electribe I believe from top left to bottom right it’s midi 1 to 16. Now when I use the keyboard or pad I hear the esq1. I want to be able to use the Electribes sequencer on numerous esq1 patches at the same time

• Maybe revive that old GS thread? There's also this comment there:

(Just to answer andihow's question) Cycle through the midi menus until you get to the page that says "Omni" at the bottom left, and change it to "Multi"

Did you try that?

• Syrupcore I think you may have solved my problem! I’m at work but as soon as I get off I’m going to check this. I don’t remember changing that setting so chances are that’s what the issue is.

Thankyou kindly for taking the time to help me out I really appreciate you

• thankyou again!! I can confirm that the Electribe when midi synced up to the esq1 DOES do multi timbral. This is a formidable combination.