Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ibassist question

Hi all!
I want to enter notes to ibassist with an external keyboard instead of the sequencer. Is that possible? I set midi in to be my keyboard but when I play the keyboard I can't hear any sound. Thanks

Comments

• Ok i think I understand the app now. Since the notes change depending on the chord progression you can not enter notes the usual way. So I guess it's usage is to generate bass lines and not writing your own bass lines.

• afaik you cannot enter notes via the keyboard.....this is because they are not really notes, they are note positions... I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
    The actual bass line played is based on the current chord....you can control that chord either from the progression or from incoming MIDI, this is what MIDI IN is used for.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    afaik you cannot enter notes via the keyboard.....this is because they are not really notes, they are note positions... I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
    The actual bass line played is based on the current chord....you can control that chord either from the progression or from incoming MIDI, this is what MIDI IN is used for.

Thanks, I figured that out after a while. I wish there was a mode where you can enter notes from a keyboard or piano roll. It's difficult to enter notes when you cant hear them, you just have numbers 1-7.