Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connecting Navichord and Beatmaker 3 with an AUv3

Hey guys! Very new to iPad Pro producing and virtual signal workflows, so I heavily apologize if this is a common question.

In my version if AudioBus 3, there is a MIDI section, AUDIO section, and MIXER.

I can successfully connect Navichord to one of my audio unit synths (FM Player, for this example), and play chords in Navichord while hearing the playback from whichever synth I connect it to. The way I am currently doing this is by going to the MIDI page, placing Navichord as the input and then (insert synth) as the output. Is this the correct way of doing this?

Then, where I am really struggling is playing in Navichord and recording what I am playing into my Beatmaker 3 sequence.

I’ve tried a few ways with no avail, mostly by going to the AUDIO page and connecting the Synth audio unit to Beatmaker 3.

I can control the record button from within the Navichord app with the AudioBus side bar, but when I record and return to Beatmaker, nothing seemed to have been recorded, no midi or audio.

Does anyone have any way to make this work? I would very much appreciate it, I am starting to frustrate myself I think haha. Any screenshots or something would help. I did find an old forum post showing an audioless video of someone connecting what seems to be Navichord to Poison202 in BM3 but the video hasn’t helped me reach my goal at all.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• FM Player is not an Audio Unit yet.

• edited February 2019

***Or IAA (if thats what it is) or any other AudioUnit instrument regardless, what workflow would work for Poison for example. Sorry I just said FM player off the top of my head.