Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App for playing an MP3 audio file on USB channels 3 and 4

As the title says ... is there an app which would allow me to play an MP3 on the iPad, but select the output to be something other than USB 1/2?

I use AudioBus and MiMix, and can setup AudioBus paths to route into MiMix, and then use MiMix to select whatever output channel I want (I have an 8 channel audio interface connected to the iPad using the Apple Camera Connector Kit).

The issue I'm having is locating an app which can play an MP3, which is AudioBus compatible, to use as an input.
Or, finding a stand alone app which plays MP3s, and allows me to select any of the available USB Audio outputs.

Comments

• edited February 2019

I can select my individual outputs (mono and/or stereo) in AUM. Not sure if the internal player handles mp3.

• I can confirm that AUM does handle mp3

• Thanks guys .... So with AUM, I can play an MP3 and choose output channels based on the interface I have connected?

• Yes, you'd select a "File player" as a channel input at the top, with which you can select the mp3 file, and at the bottom you can specify the channel output, which can be you interface outputs (as stereo pairs or individual mono channels), Audiobus or an internal mix bus.

• Awesome, thanks guys! Do you happen to know of an iOS video recorder which allows recording video from the iPhone or iPad's camera, using the audio from something like AUM, or audio from the external USB interface?

The use case here is to be able to record video with an iPhone, with it connected to a Line 6 Helix using the Apple Camera Connector Kit (CCK) ... and then play an MP3 on the iPhone, while simultaneously recording video and an audio feed which includes both the MP3 audio and the guitar audio.

Using the built in camera app doesn't work, because in order for it to capture the audio from the external interface (ie: The Helix), you have to 1st open the camera app, then connect the CCK 2nd .. so if I start the MP3 in another app like AUM, and send the audio to the Helix over USB channel 3/4, then have the helix send the audio back to the iPhone (with the guitar audio mixed in) on USB 1/2 ... it seems like it would work .... except I have to disconnect the CCK and then reconnect after switch from AUM to the camera app, and this causes the MP3 to stop playing over USB channels 3/4, since those channels disappear when unplugging the CCK.

I would think there would be a video recorder app out there, which would integrate with multi channel audio ... but can't seem to find one.