Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shimmer AU - 4Pockets long reverb/delay/pitch shifter

Comments

• I bought it. It’s epic. Any chance the devs could implement fine tune controls as well as semi tones for pitch shifting to create a thickening effect. If that was modulatable for epic chorus effects. Just an idea.

• It sound incredibly good!!
    Anyone knows how to save a preset?

• @Jeezs said:
    It sound incredibly good!!
    Anyone knows how to save a preset?

Bump for beating me to it... :)

SURELY Shirley?

• @Zjenji said:
    Just bought it and there are all sorts of Sigur Ros possibilities with this one. I’ve given up all hope that Crystalline will be updated to auv3 so this is a very welcome surprise.

I got it because of I NEED and AUv3 shimmer that remembers its settings without me HAVING to save a preset. I love Crystalline and will continue to use it, but this will likely become my bread and butter.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Zjenji said:
    Just bought it and there are all sorts of Sigur Ros possibilities with this one. I’ve given up all hope that Crystalline will be updated to auv3 so this is a very welcome surprise.

I got it because of I NEED and AUv3 shimmer that remembers its settings without me HAVING to save a preset. I love Crystalline and will continue to use it, but this will likely become my bread and butter.

I hear you, but I’d like to be able to if I wanted to etc....

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I’d put this one at the top of the effects list for 2019 but hey I’m a sucker for Reverb / Shimmers. Used on SynthScaper and Mitosynth it’s a winner.

Agreed! And man it is amazing on mitosynth!!

• I loved crystalline and this sounds stunning! It’s about time we got a decent shimmer AU! I was a little bummed that the pitch shifter only works with 44.1 and 44 kHz but I don’t really do those hifi mixdowns so it isn’t a huge issue for me.

• Absolute brilliant plugin.
    Love it already. Good price - get it fellas!!!

• I feel like I need the rest of the bundle now because this effect is so dang good.
    But a fan of the apps icon but I am looking past

• edited February 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Update on its way already I think:

hmmm, mysteriously the Shimmer reverb is no longer visible under the 4 pockets list in the app store... though the original link in this thread still shows it..
    i wonder if it is pulled to get the Garageband probs fixed and the update sorted..??

• @reasOne said:
    I feel like I need the rest of the bundle now because this effect is so dang good.
    But a fan of the apps icon but I am looking past

My 4 Pockets collection of apps is growing quickly. Great prices, great quality and they look fabulous too. They are all becoming my go to apps for fx. I love Crystalline, so this Shimmer app is especially welcome. Have fun!

• @reasOne said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I’d put this one at the top of the effects list for 2019 but hey I’m a sucker for Reverb / Shimmers. Used on SynthScaper and Mitosynth it’s a winner.

Agreed! And man it is amazing on mitosynth!!

I’m trying out the Shimmer presets on my Mitosynth soundbanks at the moment. Wow! This thing is so awesome and inspiring for ambient work! It’s going to be getting a lot of use! 😲🎧😍

• @RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

hmmm, mysteriously the Shimmer reverb is no longer visible under the 4 pockets list in the app store... though the original link in this thread still shows it..
    i wonder if it is pulled to get the Garageband probs fixed and the update sorted..??

Could be a copyright issue with the name maybe from Valhalla was thinking it was a bit naughty using the same!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

Could be a copyright issue with the name maybe from Valhalla was thinking it was a bit naughty using the same!

That's a joke, right ?
    You just didn't put a smiley, but I assume you know that shimmer is a generic name for a type of reverb that has been around for a long time, much longer than Valhalla.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

It's not pulled. It is just an AppStore bug that doesn't show all the apps under the developer banner. If you search for 4pockets or Shimmer AUv3 you will find it.

• @gusgranite said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

It's not pulled. It is just an AppStore bug that doesn't show all the apps under the developer banner. If you search for 4pockets or Shimmer AUv3 you will find it.

aha! seems to be so,, but still an odd one as i found it first time via the 4pockets dev page,,
    splendid effect au btw.. looking forward to this update with editable enhancer..

• Will this be included in any of the bundles?

• whats the best app for an eventide blackhole? this?

• Still waiting for crystalline and its stablemates to arrive AU, but noting like as urgently now as I once was....

• it's weird, if I click the appstore link in this thread on my computer it says 9.99 but in the appstore on my ipad it says 6.99. Definitely prefer the latter price ;) is it changing?

• @Carnbot said:
    it's weird, if I click the appstore link in this thread on my computer it says 9.99 but in the appstore on my ipad it says 6.99. Definitely prefer the latter price ;) is it changing?

Saw the same. Jumped on the 6.99 sharpish. Excellent marketing :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:
    it's weird, if I click the appstore link in this thread on my computer it says 9.99 but in the appstore on my ipad it says 6.99. Definitely prefer the latter price ;) is it changing?

Saw the same. Jumped on the 6.99 sharpish. Excellent marketing :)

Yep, clever. Worked on me too :)

• Beautiful app!!! Loved it after 10 seconds

• @RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

What are the GarageBand problems with this effect?

• @Janosax said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

I don’t know.. but one of the (only) two reviews in the appstore whines about it and gives 2 stars... not very helpful to the dev.. we should bung a few nice words up there and encourage the 4pockets roll they are on..

• @RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

I don’t know.. but one of the (only) two reviews in the appstore whines about it and gives 2 stars... not very helpful to the dev.. we should bung a few nice words up there and encourage the 4pockets roll they are on..

+1 and I had an issue with GB and Filtermorph, I’ve contacted them about that and it has been fixed in a few days, so it’s a reactive team.

• Yeah this sounds great! Been wanting an AU Shimmer for a while now.

I'm just testing it out in AUM and I am wondering if I have found a bug - or if this is usual behaviour....

When I try out a rhythmic bpm modulation, with AUM in stop the Shimmer seems to play at 120bpm (I think)- rather than the tempo that is set in AUM... when I press play in AUM the Shimmers bpm swaps to the correct tempo (75 is what I am testing with) - and then when I press stop again in AUM the Shimmer goes back to the default 120.

is that usual AUM behaviour regarding sending tempo to an AUv3

If so that is quite irritating!

• @ricksteruk said:
    Yeah this sounds great! Been wanting an AU Shimmer for a while now.

I'm just testing it out in AUM and I am wondering if I have found a bug - or if this is usual behaviour....

When I try out a rhythmic bpm modulation, with AUM in stop the Shimmer seems to play at 120bpm (I think)- rather than the tempo that is set in AUM... when I press play in AUM the Shimmers bpm swaps to the correct tempo (75 is what I am testing with) - and then when I press stop again in AUM the Shimmer goes back to the default 120.

Sounds like a bug. You can contact 4pockets via Facebook/Messenger to report the issue.

• @Janosax said:

@ricksteruk said:
    Yeah this sounds great! Been wanting an AU Shimmer for a while now.

Sounds like a bug. You can contact 4pockets via Facebook/Messenger to report the issue.

Hmm.... I've just clicked into the GUI of Shimmer and now it seems to constantly respond to the AUM tempo! Weird!! and typical that it sorts itself out right after I've complained about it.. lol.

If it starts messing up again I'll let 4pockets know