Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reggae Drummer from Lumbeat released

_ki_ki
edited February 2019 in General App Discussion

Get your ganja out, Reggae Drummer is released on the app store :)

It's 17.99$

--- from the app store description ---

Reggae Drummer brings warm Jamaican rhythms to your iPad and iPhone, with lot of new features.

• Drums for Reggae, Ska, Dub, Backbeat, Fusion ....
  • Three drummers in one. Barret, Sly and Stewart. Modern, Classic and Contemporary reggae drums. Choose the drumming style that fits best in your music and change between them to get inspired.
  • Adds a new Reggae bank to iBassist with more than 60 bass lines.
  • Delay and Reverb Send effects creates warm reggae and dub environments.
  • Jam Effects will add Delay And Reverb sends on the way depending on the level you can adjust.
  • Humanize Velocity to get more human authentic sound.
  • iCloud Backups.
  • Live Pads with Rhythm, jam and effects parameter to play live and control by MIDI messages.
  • Song Mode.
  • Sound Module, use the sounds by MIDI in

--- MIDI Control - Notes Mode

• Play / Stop - Midi Note G2 / Program Change 13
  • Midi CC 0: Rhythm
  • Midi CC 1: Jam Intensity
  • Midi CC 2: Jam Effects
  • Midi CC 7: Master Volume
  • Midi CC 11: Swing
  • Midi CC 32: Bank
  • Midi CC 91: Reverb Gain
  • Select Soundset: Program Change (Notes Live Pad Mode)

--- Live Pad Midi Controls:

• Program Change Mode (default setting)
  • PC 0 to PC7 : Select Pad
  • PC8: Fill
  • PC12: Fill for the next Pad change
  • PC10: Fill for every Pad change
  • PC11: Fill & Start / End
  • PC13: Play

Notes Mode (default setting)

• C3 to G3 : Select Pad
  • C2: Fill
  • D2: Fill for the next Pad change
  • E2: Fill for every Pad change
  • A2: Fill & Start / End.

Song Mode Controls: (Notes Live Pad Mode)

• Midi Note C2: Preview Song
  • Midi Note D2: Next Song
  • Double press to edit a part or song
  • Long press to move parts or songs

Comments

• Thanks....

• Wooohoooo .... no more refreshing and searching the store, it’s here, and just in time for some weekend fun :)

• My first purchase in 2019 !

• BTW - The 60 new iBassist „Reggae“ presets get installed when you press ‚Make Drums‘ in iBassist and select the Reggae Drummer app :)

• OMG!!!!
    I'll buy both reggae drummer and ibassist.
    Thanks a lot mr @LuisMartinez

• Anyone know if you record the midi into cubasis?

• @Extnctn6 said:
    Anyone know if you record the midi into cubasis?

Yes, or indeed into anything with MIDI in, Gadget, Modstep, Auria etc....

To record direct into Cubasis you will need to
    Use MIDI Clock for sync (Funk Drummer uses IAA sync so doesn't need MIDI Clock, but none of the others seem to)
    Add Reggae Drummer as an IAA onto an AUDIO track, open Reggae Drummer, set MIDI OUT to Cubasis, select send notes.
    Create a MIDI track in Cubasis, set it's input to be Virtual MIDI and channel 10 (default channel in Reggae Drummer)

It is easier is to use Gadget for recording using Link for sync (or any other MIDI recorder with Link), then export MIDI to Cubasis.

• edited February 2019

@fattigman said:
    OMG!!!!
    I'll buy both reggae drummer and ibassist.
    Thanks a lot mr @LuisMartinez

Right up your street this...mine too, iBassist, Reggae Drummer and Galileo.....instant Reggae band for me to play guitar along to (iBassist will play the chords on Galileo for you :) )

Indeed huge thanks to @LuisMartinez for listening to the plea's and putting his know how and expertise into this. :)
    There is a very small issue with the font color on the MIDI Device selection screen, you can only see the text when you manage to select a device

• @_ki said:
    BTW - The 60 new iBassist „Reggae“ presets get installed when you press ‚Make Drums‘ in iBassist and select the Reggae Drummer app :)

Thanks for this...I was puzzled for a bit :D

• Ooh, I like being able to choose the different drummers. I wonder if this could be brought into his other drum apps like Rock DM?

• edited February 2019

for those that love Riddim (reggae like jazz is based on a set of modern standards and 99% of new tunes are reworks of these standards. (often in new combinations)

midi: https://github.com/RuohoRecords/Riddim-Archive

find the original: http://www.riddimbase.org/riddimbase.php

• @jollyDodger said:
    for those that love Riddim (reggae like jazz is based on a set of modern standards and 99% of new tunes are reworks of these standards. (often in new combinations)

Great find! Many thanks for sharing :)

• @Iso said:

@jollyDodger said:

Great find! Many thanks for sharing :)

Nice ! :)

• @AndyPlankton this is like christmas for me :smile:
    Just have to figure out how ibassist works. I tested reggae drummer on lunch break and it’s all I’ve ever needed. Great app!

• @fattigman said:
    @AndyPlankton this is like christmas for me :smile:
    Just have to figure out how ibassist works. I tested reggae drummer on lunch break and it’s all I’ve ever needed. Great app!

Good innit :)
    iBassist is pretty simple really, select or put in your bass riff, select or create a chord progression..Hit the 'Create Drums' button.....press play...
    Both iBassist and Reggae Drummer use Link Start/Stop so you only gotta press play in one of them...enable it under the link options...
    iBassist is capable of a lot more, but this is where you should start ;)

• @AndyPlankton thanks. I’ll be jammin all night after work today 😁

• Watched the video
    Sounds great
    Can you create from scratch, or is it mainly all done so that it's for people that just need drum loops as backing
    Sorry for stupid question

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Watched the video
    Sounds great
    Can you create from scratch, or is it mainly all done so that it's for people that just need drum loops as backing
    Sorry for stupid question

You can make your own patterns, and then still have the AI jam with those patterns doing fills etc... :)

• @fattigman said:
    @AndyPlankton thanks. I’ll be jammin all night after work today 😁

Ain't no rules, ain't no vow
    We can do it anyhow
    I and I will see you through
    'Cause every day we pay the price
    We are the living sacrifice
    Jammin' till the jam is through

• Thanks Andy
    Looks like another drum machine gonna land on my iPad for the weekend !!!

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks Andy

This one completes the set for me I think.....have been through quite a few in the past, but have settled on these now :)

• edited February 2019

Sounds really pretty good.
    I have a question though about the sounds. I find Future Drummer great fun, but the sound sets are kind of limited. I haven't overlooked some feature that lets me import kits or buy soundpacks?
    Which leaves me to have FD drive other drum apps? Is it possible to have a Lumbeat app play a drum rack in, say, Beatmaker 3? (Does what I'm asking even make sense?)

• edited February 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Sounds really pretty good.
    I have a question though about the sounds. I find Future Drummer great fun, but the sound sets are kind of limited. I haven't overlooked some feature that lets me import kits or buy soundpacks?
    Which leaves me to have FD drive other drum apps? Is it possible to have a Lumbeat app play a drum rack in, say, Beatmaker 3? (Does what I'm asking even make sense?)

Yes it does make perfect sense, and afaik yes it can..need a BM3 user to confirm MIDI input side...but all the Lumbeat apps can output MIDI to drive other drums...it even has maps so you can have setups for different machines. I use them for playing drums on Cubasis Kits...on Gadget Gladstone...Groovebox DrumBox...The Ruismakers...an Alesis DM5 drum module , and a Novation Circuit...so as long as BM3 allows the MIDI input it will work fine :)

• Sweet!! Def gonna check this one out. I'm a bit dense when it comes to midi. Can anyone explain how/whether I would be able to record midi from the drummer into Auria pro? Audio I totally understand using audiobus. Midi, I just don't get. Thanks!

• This is super, super dope right here. Ben waiting for this one - toured locally with a roots reggae band for 5 years a while back. I've been wanting to scratch this itch for awhile.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks Andy

This one completes the set for me I think.....have been through quite a few in the past, but have settled on these now :)

That means you are missing out on Soft Drummer and Middle East Drummer, which are great too.

• If anyone else has the invisible MIDI Devices text...it is one of 2 things (or both)
    Settings -> General -> Accessibility.....Reduce Transparency turned ON.....this means the background for the devices screen does not display....
    Also could be screen brightness...I run mine at about 30% usually.....

Transparency setting set to OFF...and screen brightness turned up to 100%....the screen now looks like this :)

• @LeonKowalski said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks Andy

That means you are missing out on Soft Drummer and Middle East Drummer, which are great too.

I've no doubt that all of the Lumbeat apps are great....the ones I have suit the music I currently make.....Reggae Drummer was the main one I was missing...maybe I'll look at the others at some point in the future ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks Andy

I've no doubt that all of the Lumbeat apps are great....the ones I have suit the music I currently make.....Reggae Drummer was the main one I was missing...maybe I'll look at the others at some point in the future ;)

They are great indeed. And they - especially MidEast Drummer - have led me to musical styles and ideas I wouldn‘t have thought of before.