Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• forgive my ignorance but what is photon?

• @sysexual said:
    forgive my ignorance but what is photon?

The answer to recording and playing back loops of midi in your designated AU host.

• edited February 2019

Just to let y’all gifted musicians know.. I (and I guess many here) won’t mind kicking out a few bucks for ‘Midi Packs’. It’s great that this app (will) makes it simple to record/playback your own midi.., But, it will be great to bring other ‘flavors’ into a project.. sort of Blocs Wave midi.. Thanks..

• Here’s the manual for those who want to know what is this all about

http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/PhotonManual.pdf

• sounds really useful but that is one eyesore of a GUI.

• @sysexual said:
    sounds really useful but that is one eyesore of a GUI.

The gui is a bit rough but it does seem like it's going to be extremely useable and useful

• @reasOne said:

@sysexual said:

The gui is a bit rough but it does seem like it's going to be extremely useable and useful

Rough at first but you get used to it.

How is that for a Valentine's day maxim?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:

@sysexual said:

:D

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:

@sysexual said:

• So it seems to me that the primary value of this will be recording MIDI live in non-DAWs (AUM, apeMatrix) for export to do with what you please in a DAW. Am I correct?

• im not so hung up on aesthetics that i wont buy and probably use this heaps but yeah it was worth mentioning to see if i was alone in that thought...

• Midi packs or templates would be amazing. Imagine being able to quickly sift through different midi chord progressions or arpeggios with your favorite iOS apps

• @oat_phipps said:
    So it seems to me that the primary value of this will be recording MIDI live in non-DAWs (AUM, apeMatrix) for export to do with what you please in a DAW. Am I correct?

Have a quick look at the manual. It does more stuff. I am curious to try the Groove feature.
    I haven’t tried the beta, so it is still a little unclear what it does until I try it. But you can get a sense of its features from a quick skim through the online manual.

• @stuck80s said:
    Midi packs or templates would be amazing. Imagine being able to quickly sift through different midi chord progressions or arpeggios with your favorite iOS apps

It will open up a standard midi file (.mid)
    There are many different sources to "generate" midi clips

I think if you just keep your midi files in Files or Audioshare you could load them (or copy paste) as you wish.

• edited February 2019

There is truth in, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

She is a doll.. dressed in AUM, she should shine..

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:

@sysexual said:

😍😍😍😂😂😂

• @oat_phipps said:
    So it seems to me that the primary value of this will be recording MIDI live in non-DAWs (AUM, apeMatrix) for export to do with what you please in a DAW. Am I correct?

That is the function that I am most excited about, but there appears to be many more features as well.

• I’m hoping there’s a tutorial video as thorough as the one he did for Quantum.

• Hmmmm... if this thing actually works as the manual describes, I may have to break down and get another boppad... boppad+drambo+photon+knobby midi controller = fun

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I’m hoping there’s a tutorial video as thorough as the one he did for Quantum.

+1

• ok, just spotted this in the manual:

this is the first I've heard of this Polythemus, and I can't find any further info. Anyone?

• edited February 2019

@palm said:
    ok, just spotted this in the manual:

this is the first I've heard of this Polythemus, and I can't find any further info. Anyone?

The developer wrote this in the other, big thread for real-time sequencer in AUM:

@midiSequencer said:
    Its an au poly to mono splitter - each mono has its own AUM channel and the chord notes are allocated to successive voices - so think multi-timbral synth voice allocation - the effect of which is to make mono synths sound like poly synths.
    Best scenario is iVCS3 being turned into a polyphonic synthi, but of course you can connect any synth to a voice - a mixture of synths, same synth but varied patches etc.
    I created it to turn Moog Model D into a Moog One, but iVCS3 is better - James Cosby is enjoying making some polyphonic patches, and Alessandro is extending ApeMatrix to support AU multiple outputs.
    Here is the manual http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/PolythemusManual.pdf and this app is ready to launch.

• Great apps but yeah, the dev(s) need a UX designer asap.

• The iOS version of Odesi is good at creating midi files that then can be exported if Photon lets you import into.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The iOS version of Odesi is good at creating midi files that then can be exported if Photon lets you import into.

I think you can import....

From the manual:

AMS Software is proud to present Photon a useful utility to record, save, playback & groove your midi files in AUv3.
    It was created to provide these main functions:
    • To quickly capture all input midi messages in your AU host
    • Record all 16 channels at once to support MPE or complex setups
    • Save & load (single track midi) using standard midi file format
    Share or import midi files with other apps, email etc using AirDrop
    • Perform basic midi file editing (clip, trim, clean etc)
    • Playback midi files using up to 4 pads each having:

• @CracklePot said:

@palm said:
    ok, just spotted this in the manual:

The developer wrote this in the other, big thread for real-time sequencer in AUM:

@midiSequencer said:
    Its an au poly to mono splitter - each mono has its own AUM channel and the chord notes are allocated to successive voices - so think multi-timbral synth voice allocation - the effect of which is to make mono synths sound like poly synths.
    Best scenario is iVCS3 being turned into a polyphonic synthi, but of course you can connect any synth to a voice - a mixture of synths, same synth but varied patches etc.
    I created it to turn Moog Model D into a Moog One, but iVCS3 is better - James Cosby is enjoying making some polyphonic patches, and Alessandro is extending ApeMatrix to support AU multiple outputs.
    Here is the manual http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/PolythemusManual.pdf and this app is ready to launch.

thanks for clarifying.

• Very interesting! A simple-ish midi looper has been on my wish list since forever with ios. It's great fun to have both hands free to turn knobs on a synth.